My VBA3C - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 02-22-2012, 01:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I id it ! That is the only way I can put it joy.gif

After 2 CS , 2 natural deliveries , another CS and then another normal delivery , I feel , there is nothing else , I am not able to do . 

Really nothing ! orngbiggrin.gif

This has been the most empowering experience in the World and I can only recommend anyone , who is thinking about it , to at least give it a try , it is soooo worth it !

Plus , it proves to me once again , that it is really a bunch of censored.gif, when people ( especially those dressed in white ) , tell you , that it is sooo dangerous and you have to fullfill so many requirements , before you are ALLOWED to try ( hello , who the hell are you to tell me as an adult , what I am allowed to do ? )  

Even though , I got pregnant barely 9 months after the last one , which got badly infected and didn´t heal well for a lot longer than normal , plus moved across 2 countries and did all kinds of things , that I probably shouldn´t have done ( like heavy lifting and that sort ) , I had no complications during the whole pregnancy , my water broke by itself when I was 11 days over the due date and the contractions , I had been having became regular . We arrived at the hospital about 7 pm and they checked me , to find out that I was 3 cm . 

After that , I was more or less left alone , because they were so busy , which was nice , since I felt so little pain , that I slept almost all night . 

The next morning , the midwife checked , and lo and behold , I was 9 cm and completely effaced jaw.gif

But then , once I was 10 , about an hour later , things stalled a bit , so , considering my history , the doctor asked , if it would be okay , if he would help me by getting her out with a vacuum , so I don´t have to push so hard and put strain on my scar . 

I consented and he pulled her out , literally . I have to say , that was the only difficult , or rather very painful part , since I thought , he would just pull a bit with each contraction , but he just pulled her ALL THE WAY down in one try . 

OHMYGOD , I thought , I would throw up and pass out at the same time orngbiggrin.gif, but one more good push on my part and she was out . 

Plus , I didn´t have any problems at all with my scar , so it was definitely the right decision . 

After seeing her big head , it would have taken a lot of effort on my part to get her down on my own , and I am sure , it would have taken a toll on my scar , so I am happy with the way it went . 

My goal was NO RCS and I can live with the way it went and the big episiotomy I had . Very painful for several weeks , but nothing compared to the pain and discomfort after a CS . 

All in all , thea easiest and best delivery , I ever had and I would do it all over again the same way , if I had to !!!

vbac.gifafter 3 cs fambedsingle1.gifbfinfant.gifHappily single Momteapot2.GIFknit.gif

#2 of 7 Old 02-23-2012, 12:21 PM

Congratulations!!

#3 of 7 Old 02-25-2012, 11:53 PM

Congratulations, mama! Hoping for quick healing for you and a peaceful babymoon with your newest sweet baby smile.gif

reading.gif, mama to Amelie (May 2010), early loss (October 2011), and James (September 2012) vbac.gif

#4 of 7 Old 02-26-2012, 03:58 PM

SO encouraging.  I am planning my VBA3C this July and love seeing others successes.

#5 of 7 Old 03-03-2012, 02:46 AM

I want a vbca3 please help I had 1 vaginal delivery with my older son someone contact me with at ceramicloveme@gmail.com
And if you live in the New York City area please contact me with information on where I can go and I'm 23 weeks 5days I don't want any more c- section. I would love to have more. Babies in the future see I have all boys and one more on it's way
#6 of 7 Old 03-09-2012, 08:33 PM

Aww, your story melts my heart and makes me happy. I've had 3 CS (#1 was medically necessary at 33 weeks after a LifeFlight and a failed induction, 36 hours, for most of which I was stalled at 4cm and stayed there, due to a raging case of Pre-eclampsia (June 18, 2004). #2 I was pushed into just over 3 years later by a very impatient, very pro-CS OB, who didn't want to wait for my son to flip into a Cephalic lie again (September 6 ,2007). Baileyana was my first attempt at a VBAC on June 14, 2011, I had an amazing and very supportive Perinatologist (so thankful for him) and I spent 50 hours in labor (almost half of which was spent at work and home, lol), 2 hours spent pushing, despite the fact that she only weighed 7 pounds, she was not descending due to being OP, thanks to my pelvis needing to be re-aligned, I also had a cervical lip. I came so close to delivering her vaginally that I do not feel like the experience was a failure at all. My Peri told me had she not been OP I probably would have had a pretty short labor and been able to deliver her with no problem. He approved my trying for a VBA3C at my 6 week PP appointment barring any major issues, now all that's left is to see a Chiro (already found one who is Webster-certified), get adjusted, and get down to the babymaking ;-D

Mama to Kylee, my Angel who is eternally 7 1/2 months, medically necessary CS in June 2004 at 33 weeks due to severe Pre-e after a LifeFlight and hard, induced, failed labor, Leonidas, Unnecesarean due to a very Pro-CS/Very impatient OB in late 2007, and Baileyana, attempted VBA2C on June 14, 2011.

#7 of 7 Old 03-26-2012, 03:49 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks guys , 

I am still over the moon about it and there are still many moments , whn I look at her and think " Oh my GOD , I DID it ! We did it ! " 

Plus , my last cs was very traumatic , with a horrible infection afterwards and I was in agony for months , mentally and physically , I just felt like such a failure . 

And having DD3 helped me realize , that it wasn´t my fault what happened to DD2 and that I am NOT a failure !  

Nobody can imagine the triumph , I felt , when they pulled her out and I thought " this is how it´s supposed to be " 

And of course , to this day , cs save the lives of countless mothers and children , but the damage an unnecessary operation does to the body and the mind is also not measurable , aside from the fact , that doctors put our lives on the line and that of out prescious , irreplaceable babies by performing unnecessary surgeries .   

vbac.gifafter 3 cs fambedsingle1.gifbfinfant.gifHappily single Momteapot2.GIFknit.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page