Trying to find resources for a VBA2C in Springfield, Oregon - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 04-09-2012, 09:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm posting for a girl who I'm trying to help locate resources for a VBA2C in Springfield, Oregon. I can tell she's not sure what to do at all, and I'm giving her links and info but she's not coming up with any good news from the calls she's made. Can anyone suggest midwives/OB's that work with insurance in the south-west Oregon area? She's been denied by several doctors and is due in June, so the sooner I can get her some really good tips the better. Please, either respond here or PM me, I desperately want to help her avoid being forced into a medical procedure rather than a birth!! THANKS!

Never give up your rights

chicken3.gif waterbirth.jpg vbac.gif

Mother of 4 boys, 5 if you count my husband

#2 of 9 Old 04-11-2012, 09:06 AM

Hi.  I'm not in Springfield (was in Eugene years ago), but I thought you might have better luck asking in the Oregon Tribal Area:

http://www.mothering.com/community/f/97/washington-oregon-idaho

Good luck!

VBACmama4 likes this.

#3 of 9 Old 04-11-2012, 09:15 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you, I'm starting to wonder if the girl I'm trying to help is really that committed though.. unfortunately every lead I've offered her seems not to be what she's looking for.. 

#4 of 9 Old 04-11-2012, 11:49 AM

Here is a thread about VBAC in Eugene (I'm assuming she would be going there to give birth anyway?):

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1268019/vbac-in-eugene

That thread says that Eugene is "super VBAC friendly" so you might be right that she just isn't really interested.

#5 of 9 Old 04-11-2012, 02:04 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you, that is one of 2 threads I found on this site that had info for southwest Oregon. I sent that link to her last night and gave her the phone number for the providers mentioned, and she said she hadn't ever heard of them. Initially she posted a comment on a VBAC support group page asking for VBA2C resources because she had been turned away from all providers in her area, and since I'll admit I'm a little militant about VBAC rights, I was hoping to find some good options for her. The more I've tried though the more there seem to be new reasons why each piece of information I pass on to her won't work for her. So, I'm thinking I'll let this lie til she has made some progress on her own or seems a little more serious. 

Thanks again :)

#6 of 9 Old 08-01-2012, 02:20 PM

I know this thread is older, but I'm actually from the same area and having the same problem.  I'm getting turned away by everyone and I am very committed to attempting a vbac.  I attempted last time but it failed, so I'm determined to try again.  My old OB would have done it but she's retired.  I just had 7 midwives and 2 OBs turn me down.  Home birth is not an option, so I have to find someone licensed who can deliver in the hospital. 

I'm looking into ican now, but if anyone has tips, I'm all ears!  Not due until April so I have some time.

#7 of 9 Old 08-01-2012, 02:23 PM

Oh, and I've explored all of the options listed in that thread "vbac in eugene".  I found it last night and took lots of notes!  But most of those midwives don't have hospital privileges that I can tell, they mostly do home births.  And the best option from that thread, a Dr QB, is no longer in Eugene. 

#8 of 9 Old 08-01-2012, 10:20 PM

OBG2,  I feel you.  Its hard to find someone I can trust in Portland (where, with VBA1C, I have plenty of choices just not alot that I like :)), and I'm sure its even harder to find anyone at all in springfield.  Your hospitals have really sad VBAC rates (okay, every hospital has pretty sad rates but southern oregon has it especially hard according to the oregon department of health, I can't find the link offhand but they did a study in 2008 that said, basically, if you go with a midwife program within a hospital your chances are 80%ish, but hospital rates overall max out at 36% and I think there's one hospital that has like a 2% rate in Southern Oregon.  The state's overall success rate was 18% that year).   One other thought: homebirths statistically have the same CS rates for both VBAC and non-VBAC women, about 3% statewide.  I crossed HBAC off my list at the get go but when I couldn't find anyone who met my requirements (birth centers, tragically, are out for some stupid legal/timing reasons) I looked into it a little.  Then alot.  *BUMP*  Hope you find somoene you WANT.

#9 of 9 Old 08-15-2012, 02:55 PM

bump .)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page