Cesarean, Vaginal, Cesarean- Is there any hope for another vaginal someday? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-30-2012, 07:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi ladies!

I had my 3rd child in January and it ended up being another cesarean birth. I labored at home for 22 hours before transferring to the hospital. I pushed for another 2 hours with an epidural. I had my first child via cesarean because of the whole train wreck of labor induction with failure to progress. I had my second child VBAC, and I pushed for 2 hours. My tailbone broke during that birth. They say my coccyx is still prominent. Do you think there is any hope for another vaginal birth someday? Or am I out of the running completely? Still trying to process this. I am a birth doula and I feel kind of shunned from the whole birth community right now because I had to have a repeat cesarean.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 05-31-2012, 09:45 PM

I'm sorry you're going through this! As a vbac considering hiring a doula, I can say that I feel your experience would be very valuable to me, so don't get too discouraged! Your experiences can always be an opportunity to learn and grow, for yourself and others.

I'm sorry I don't know much about the tailbone thing. Just...ouch! Maybe a chiropractor would be able to help you?

Good luck, mama!
#3 of 4 Old 06-26-2012, 05:09 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

As part of the "birth community"... *HUGS*

I only just started looking into the doula/homebirth/midwife/ thing myself. I didn't even begin to talk to people my last birth (CS) because the birth community can be so clique-y.  Talking about orgasisms in birth and how what you feel when you're in pain is so spiritual and aren't you thrilled to be carring a bowling ball for nine months?  Its easy to feel left out because I don't get all romantic at the thought of labor.  In fact, I feel like I should paint the following T-shirts...

We don't all have to drink the Kool-Aide

Having a home birth because ACOG stats say to

I don't want another C-Section and I swear I'm not drunk 

Stick your fingers up there at your own risk

Healthy mom, healthy baby: you said it, now let my healthy body do its labor thing and LEAVE ME BE

#4 of 4 Old 07-03-2012, 04:13 PM

I had a cesarean for FTP with my first and then 18 months later a natural vbac, then with my third (20 months later) was planning a home birth and she stayed breech and so I was limited in options and went through with a cesarean then 20 months later had a hospital vbac again. I also became a doula between 3 and 4 and I tend to think we can be harder on ourselves. I do believe a vba2c is absolutely an option for you. Were you able to have a midwife?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page