VBAC friendly providers in Columbia, MO or St. Louis - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 06-28-2012, 06:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello, all -- I was wondering if anyone could give me some recommendations for a VBAC provider in Columbia, MO. I'll drive to St. Louis, MO if I have to, too.

At my prenatal today, I was given a 41-week deadline to go into labor (I was induced with DD at 41+4 or 5, which ended in a c/s). I would really like to push for 42+1 if possible.

I called Dr. Michael Burks today and was told that it was too late to transfer care (I'm almost 28 weeks). I'm actually going to call again tomorrow and word my question slightly differently and see if I can at least get in to consult with him.

I know that someone else on MDC had recommended Jacqueline Green, but it appears that she is no longer practicing, and also Elizabeth Allerman is no longer delivering babies.

I'm cross-posting in Finding Your Tribe.

Thanks for any help/leads.

You can also PM me if you prefer.

reading.gif, mama to Amelie (May 2010), early loss (October 2011), and James (September 2012) vbac.gif

#2 of 4 Old 07-01-2012, 08:20 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)

Bumping for attention. Anyone have a recommendation?

#3 of 4 Old 07-01-2012, 08:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just wanted to update:

I called Dr. Burks office back and rephrased my question (I just said that I was currently pregnant, looking to change providers, and could I please get in to consult with him, and was able to set up an appointment). He was mentioned on the ICAN of St Louis page as being postdates-friendly and in Columbia, MO.

I also set up an appointment with Dr. Melodie Stocks in Moberly, Mo (about 40 minutes away). She was recommended by one of the homebirth midwives in town, and I like that she's a DO as well. One of the other doctors she works (Mona Afrassiab) with was also recommended on an old thread in MDC, so that make me feel good, that if she were not on call, her back-up would also be supportive.

I actually set up an appointment with some hospital CNMs about an hour away (there are no hospital midwives here who deliver babies -- they can only do well-woman care), but further internet research makes me think that they can't take VBACs greensad.gif I really wish I'd known about them with my first pregnancy. I'll call on Monday to ask.

DH is very, very, very resistant to travelling to St. Louis (a little over 2 hours away) -- but if I can't find a provider who's more local, that is what I will do -- it seems as though there are quite a few more VBAC options there.

Thanks again, and I'm certainly still open for any suggestions or feedback if anyone knows anything about the people I've listed here.

reading.gif, mama to Amelie (May 2010), early loss (October 2011), and James (September 2012) vbac.gif

#4 of 4 Old 07-02-2012, 07:07 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I know someone who used Dr. Mormol and had a great experience with him. I believe he's near St. Louis. From what I recall, he would let a mom go past 42 + weeks as long as mom and baby are fine. This mom went into labor at 41 weeks 6 days - Dr. Mormol didn't seem to care when she went into labor. He didn't mention induction or anything.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page