very scared - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 07-09-2012, 03:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I last posted about my situation where a VBAC vs C-section was on mind, now I'm terrified that I may have a miscarriage. I wiped earlier today and noticed very light brown.. barely there. I took a nap, woke up and now I have darker blood coming out. I'm so scared... I'm waiting on a call back from a doctor now. Please tell me someone has had this happen and the baby was fine? I'm crying my heart out.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 07-11-2012, 11:03 AM

Againstme I hope you are doing better today.

I just replied to your other thread about the VBAC.

I've had both a m/c that started that way, AND, spotting at 7-8 weeks that turned out OK. The baby with the spotting was immediately after my m/c and is now a delightful and energetic 2 year old. I understand the fear and the heartbreak, but it can turn out to be nothing serious.

Lynslingboy.gif, wife to Robtrekkie.gif & Mamma to angel.gif "Moredcai" 12wks July 09, Aiden(6/1/10)banana.gif and Seth(9/7/11)babyf.gif hbac.gif  New blessing Megan(5/9/13)hearts.gifuc.jpg

#3 of 9 Old 07-11-2012, 12:03 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

*HUGS*

I had spotting twice so far, but baby is doing fine.  My mom had a miscarriage every other baby but the four who came out at term are all so thankful that she loved us all enough to keep trying.  When I called in about my spotting, they said they could do a doppler heartbeat check or let me stay in a hospital room, but there is nothing they can actually do.  

*EXTRA HUGS*

#4 of 9 Old 07-11-2012, 03:48 PM - Thread Starter

thanks for the support :) 

I ended up in the ER that night for about 8 hours... they did an ultrasound and at the end of the day they discovered a subchorionic hematoma which has slightly lifted the placenta and could have caused some bleeding. I've read this is the worst place for a hematoma to be but have also read about many success stories. They did say that no one can stop a miscarriage from happening... so at least the spotting is old dark blood and not fresh red so that puts my heart at ease. (a bit) 

My doctor wont even see me until 07/25 so I have to hold my breath until then to check my blood and get another ultrasound. I'm praying and hoping for the best :) 

I got to see the tiny little little baby in there, and they could see a heartbeat.. which makes all that much more painful to think that anything could happen to my little guy/girl... 

thanks again.. now Lynann and Fayebond, did you know what caused your spotting? if you don't mind me asking.

#5 of 9 Old 07-11-2012, 04:17 PM

Hugs to you, mama. I know how scary this feels. I had bleeding at 5-6 weeks with my son who is now a healthy happy 4 year old. It started as brown/pink spotting, then I had a significant bright red bleed. I was sure I would lose the pregnancy (and it was on thanksgiving day to boot, so I couldn't be seen until the following Monday unless I went to the er!). Waiting was torturous.

They never knew what caused the bleed. Strangely, I had brown spotting every 4 weeks for several months, almost like a mini period.

I hope you continue to get good news!

OB RN, partner tobikenew.gif and mama to jog.gif (2008, 31 weeker) and babygirl.gif (2011) vbac.gif femalesling.GIF   novaxnocirc.gif  cd.gif

#6 of 9 Old 07-11-2012, 04:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2soren View Post

Hugs to you, mama. I know how scary this feels. I had bleeding at 5-6 weeks with my son who is now a healthy happy 4 year old. It started as brown/pink spotting, then I had a significant bright red bleed. I was sure I would lose the pregnancy (and it was on thanksgiving day to boot, so I couldn't be seen until the following Monday unless I went to the er!). Waiting was torturous.
They never knew what caused the bleed. Strangely, I had brown spotting every 4 weeks for several months, almost like a mini period.
I hope you continue to get good news!

Thank you :) and congratulations on your 4 year old :)

my sister had a similar situation where it was unexplained bleeding, her baby boy is now a healthy 5 year old, but.. mine has a name.. and it sure sounds scary. I'm praying that on July 25th they'll be able to confirm if it's gotten smaller or hoping to God it's been absorbed by my body. 

Thanks again!!!

#7 of 9 Old 07-11-2012, 04:54 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I will just say we learned that sperm can soften the cervix, and cause spotting.  Also, interestingly, sperm from the baby's father can trigger a special flood of good hormones and antibodies around the uterus for baby.  The antibodies get stronger if said sperm get in there fairly regularly.  So laying off of the fun for a week or two after spotting, and between 31-36 weeks, is not a bad idea for those whose bodies respond well to that kind of thing. 

#8 of 9 Old 07-11-2012, 05:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fayebond View Post

I will just say we learned that sperm can soften the cervix, and cause spotting.  Also, interestingly, sperm from the baby's father can trigger a special flood of good hormones and antibodies around the uterus for baby.  The antibodies get stronger if said sperm get in there fairly regularly.  So laying off of the fun for a week or two after spotting, and between 31-36 weeks, is not a bad idea for those whose bodies respond well to that kind of thing. 

yea I was told not to put anything up there until I get to be seen.. so... for now...it's not like my mood would be up for it anyway. 

Thanks for info! 

#9 of 9 Old 07-12-2012, 08:19 AM

We never found out what caused the spotting. We didn't try to either though. We were using a midwife rather than an OB as we didn't want lots of testing, ultrasounds etc. We actually never had any ultrasounds with DS1. We had been DTD a lot just before the spotting, and that may have contributed. Obviously while it was happening we didn't do any and then waited for a few weeks after it stopped. With DS2 we were also very active and didn't have an issue, so it may not have been that.

Glad you were able to see that the little bubba is doing well at the moment.

Lynslingboy.gif, wife to Robtrekkie.gif & Mamma to angel.gif "Moredcai" 12wks July 09, Aiden(6/1/10)banana.gif and Seth(9/7/11)babyf.gif hbac.gif  New blessing Megan(5/9/13)hearts.gifuc.jpg

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page