Can't wait to talk to you ladies, but till then research help! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 07-16-2012, 06:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I will give you a quick history of both my birth stories!

feb 12 2008

Mom's intuition told me something was wrong, and it wasn't just the pulled muscles in both my thighes. Made an appointment for the next day. I was worried because at this point I had already been in the hospital numerous times with kidney infections twice (water and diet change fixed them.) 

Feb 13, 2008 I got a stress test at first and an exam she was in position which was causing my muscles to sprain (did I mention that it hurt so bad I couldn't get into my own bed!?) He said when I dialated she will more then likely fall right out with her position. That made me hopeful, he said my growth seemed to had slowed down. We scheduled an ultrasound for the next week.

Feb 19 EDD Still a no show but they gave me an ultra sound, and they noticed her growth seemed to slow down. I asked if maybe she was just squeezed in there because I always seemed to have back contractions that were irregular. They said no because the fluid was low. Oh okay... 

Feb 21 This was the scheduled induction I was gonna try, while being observed her heart rate was going crazy, I asked if it could just be the contractions and they said they don't know... All of a sudden I got told they didn't want to risk it because I wasn't softening or dialating.. I told them they hadn't even given me anything to try yet. Nope... It happened I had a c-section, I had a panic attack on the table. I was miserable thankfully I got to see my not small at all girl she was 19 inches 7 ib 4 oz fat and happy. Well because of my pain tolerance I had planned to BF but after all the drugs I bottle fed her I know she would of had any issues because during cuddle naps she would attach  when we were both relaxed. 

I was devastated with the whole event... I almost didnt want to go through it again but I decided to wait and see. I took my time getting to know my oldest.

Around feb your gonna laugh at me! I found some old Preg test and took them for fun... they all said pregnant I freaked out but then saw the boxes expired and I was due for a period for another month (yeah every three months woot) so I just tossed the test aside and went about my normal day. I got sick around march but so did everyone else at my job same symptoms so I just assumed cold and flu.. Meh. 

Well around april I still had no period and my usual weight issues seemed to stall and It got me curious because now my pants were getting tight. I went to the doctor and got told I was indeed prego! so we thought we had time to get a doctor around june found one and they couldn't give me a EDD due to weird periods seeing as how the last one was christmas! Well I got a appointment with a doctor and asked them about a VBAC she said no my pelvic was to narrow... I was devastated I wanted to find a new doctor but after my ultrasound I realized I didnt have time I was already 26 weeks and gonna have a EDD of oct 7th. The rest of the time went normal no issues except for a lazy baby who didnt want to say hi to anyone. In september around the 6th I kept feeling like I was either pissing my pants or leaking.

Well I went and called the doctor they had me come in my water didnt break so they did an ultrasound and told me she was losing liquid but was still happy as a clam. I now had to go to the hospital 3 times a week for stress test and ultrasounds...my first on on the 8th due to all of the issues almost resulted me in going straight to Land D. Thankfully the little booger convinced them she was fine. well after weeks of her being in there sep 17th came and they told me she had to come out the fluid was so low she had no cushion. So I went to the hospital sad defeated and just done...

I asked my husband why can't they just assume that I just don't get huge.. and Not everyone gets HUGE Bags of water. they watched me all afternoon, pushed back the surgery for emergency ones because my little one still was fine on the monitor. I was a little annoyed that I didn't get the procedure till 10:15 and she was fine the whole time we waited... the nurse I had was awesome she said she felt bad I had to go through this and the baby seemed to be fine. So when the surgery started I was expecting a 2-3 pound baby from what they said and super tiny. I got a good laugh on the table because she would wiggle out of their fingers and they were suprised I had some fluid left. I was suprised she came out bigger at 36 weeks then they assumed 5 pounds 11 oz's but only 17 inches. I was so mad the whole time I was there the only good news I got was I heal like a champ and had very little scar tissue.. 

After all of this I was done... I decided to do research. SO here I am hoping to find information! I live in hampton, Va and am hoping to find at least information on hospitals in the area.. I am not pregnant or anything but I want to get some information to get my husband on board after both kids he is worried about the low fluid and c-sections. 

Thanks ahead of time ladies.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 07-18-2012, 07:51 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)

Welcome to Mothering Moogie!

Wow! That last story was something! I don't have any info about hospitals in your area. But I wanted to post to say hello and bump your post up for attention - and wish you luck with your next one!. :)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page