VBAC with GD? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 07-25-2012, 01:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm currently 32w with my 4th baby, 2nd VBAC. For the first time, it seems I'm having blood glucose issues. I failed the 1 hour GTT and declined the 3 hour in favor of at-home monitoring. At first my levels seemed fine. Then I starting having problems with my post-breakfast numbers. Now it seems to be pretty textbook but diet controlled. 

I have been doing some research into how a GD diagnosis may impact my VBAC plans. I tend to gestate to about the 41w mark, and I know that common practice seems to be a 39w delivery for GD across the board. However, what I am finding out there evidence-wise doesn't support that--it seems that the M&M the early delivery prevents are all related to baby's size. My last 2 babies were LGA/macrosomic anyway with no delivery issues for #3 (#2 was an unplanned c/s for PROM and 'failure to labor'/failed induction). From what I have read, I would have the same risks anyway since my babies are large. 

Any sources for me to consider re: GD and delivery at 39w vs. expectant mgmt? 

hearts.gif(6), energy.gif(4.5),  diaper.gif (2) and  IT'S A babygirl.gif!!!!  ~9/24/12~ vbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 07-28-2012, 08:15 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

I honestly don't know, but I wanted to bump this up so you could get some more views and maybe one of these wonderful mammas would have some info for you!  Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!

#3 of 4 Old 07-28-2012, 08:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thanks, QueenoftheMeadow!  I actually had a great conversation with my OB this week that reflected my thoughts--and as long as everyone is doing well, there's no harm in waiting. In fact, she said her tolerance for "big baby" is a lot bigger for me than with a typical mama since we know my baby would be LGA regardless. I am relieved!

hearts.gif(6), energy.gif(4.5),  diaper.gif (2) and  IT'S A babygirl.gif!!!!  ~9/24/12~ vbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

#4 of 4 Old 07-28-2012, 09:21 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

That's great!! 

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page