Hoping for a vbac in California. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 08-02-2012, 09:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello! Im currently 33 weeks & this is my second pregnancy. In my first pregnancy i had Pre-eclampsya. I was 31 weeks when i started havng contractions went to the hospital & the doctor found that i had preeclampsya. I live in Blythe, CA a small town so the ob/gyn from there transfer me to The Desert Regional Center in Palm Springs when i was having early contractions. I stayed there for 1 month & deliver my baby boy at 35 weeks. Thank God he was healthy but ended up in a c-section because he was breech.

Now in this pregnancy, everything has been fine. No signs of preeclampsya:) and no swallon. Nothing of complications. When i found out i was pregnant i started thinking about having this baby vaginally. My current doctor is in Brawley,CA so i told him about my chances in having this baby Vagnally. He told me that if everything goes fine with my pregnancy that is no preeclampsya or any complication & the baby turns i positions i should be a good candidate. So he told me to wait until we see that everythings is going good so he can transfer me with a doctor that can do vbacs because he cant do it becasue the hospital in brawley doesnt allows it.

So, we waited.. And minwhile i was looking for doctors in palm springs because its closer from where i live then loma linda or san diego. Because my doctor told me that he was goung to transfer me to Loma Linda or San Diego to try a vbac. So when i was 31 weeks that is 2 weeks ago we found out that the baby was head down already!joy.gif i was soo happy because in my first pregnancy he never moved to position & this bby is already with her head down. So he told me if i found any doctors in Palm Springs so he can tranfer me to one of them already because everything is looking good in my pregnancy. I'd found 3 doctors and i gave him the phone # of 2 of them. He called that same day & they told him that he had to send all my records so the doctor can see them and then make an appt with them. My doctor send all my records and in 2 days they called me back saying that they were sorry but that they werenot going to be able to see me because they were too busy for the summer. I was disapointment:( but then i remember i had found another doctor so i call my doctor told him about wat happened but that i still had another doctor that maybe he can see me. So he send all my records again to the 3rd doctor in palm springs. Again they called me in 2 days & told me the same thing like the other 2 doctors. I was crushed! And im still are because this just happened 3 days ago. I been trying to find another doctor in palm springs but every doctor that i called they dnt do vbacs or they full. My doctor told me to wait until we see everything is going good and the baby head down to transfer me with the doctor that is going to do my delivery vbac. But every doctor that im calling are too busy already:( my next apt with him is this next wednesday & ima talk to him about Loma Linda or SanDiego. I just hope that he can found a doctor available to do my delivery so i can try a vbac. I really want to have that experience in having my bby girl vaginally.. Being the first one in holding her and also be able to take care of her & my son and not been in bed rest. They are going to be 18 months apart and i want to be there for both of them and not in pain because of the c-section. Shes already head down and no signs of preeclampsya or any complications. Please help me find a source to find a doctor. I want to have that opportunity in try for a vbac and if it ends in a c-section at least i know i try. But i feel very comfident in havng this baby natural. Please mommies help me look for a doctor or any source that can help me.
#2 of 4 Old 08-02-2012, 11:53 PM

Hi, have you contacted your local ICAN network contact person? There is a listing of contact info here: http://www.ican-online.org/chapter/search

If anybody can help you, they can!

I live north of San Diego, and I have heard good things about Dr. Damon Cobb: http://www.yelp.com/biz/damon-cobb-do-san-diego His partner is a Dr. Biter and is also supposed to be good. It seems like it would be a 3+ hour drive for you to go to them though, assuming they aren't booked...if I had to travel that far during one of my labors I probably wouldn't make it in time! So if you get in with them, maybe booking a hotel and just hanging out in SD when you get close to your EDD, until baby comes, would be wise...

Also, have you considered a home birth? There are many home birth midwives who attend VBACs. While of course it's not for everyone, and you may be limited by your insurance/finances, I personally would never birth any other way!

(But regardless, definitely call your local ICAN person ASAP and tell them your situation--they will help!)

#3 of 4 Old 08-03-2012, 12:22 AM - Thread Starter

Thank You very much artekah!redface.gif
I send the ICAN Network an email but tomorrow ima try to contact them by phone and also Dr. Damon Cobb, i just hope i can get in with them. God is good and im putting everything in his hands. Thank You for your information i apreciate it.smile.gif
#4 of 4 Old 08-03-2012, 10:04 AM

Good luck Sandy17!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page