repeat/multiple chemical pregnancies after ceserean - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 08-29-2012, 04:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello, this is a frist for me. I am not young and have 4 healthy children. Our 5th was born by ceserean and died shortly after. Not from the cesarean mind you, but from a genetic problem. Since my c-section 3 years ago I have had 6 chemical pregnancies and one ruptured ectopic pregnancy. Just had another "chemical" last week. I have had internal ultrasounds and all seems to be okay. My ovarian reserve and FSH numbers are nromal even for my age of 44. I have regular periods......but am completely puzzled at all of this. I get pregnant very very easily...my problem is they just can't seem to "stick."  The longest pregnancy that has lasted since the c-section is my ectopic. I actually made to a 1334 Beta HCG.....so that leads me to ask why can the baby grow in my tube and not in my uterus? has anyone evr gone through anything like this and found answers?? Thank you so much!!

#2 of 6 Old 08-29-2012, 04:51 AM

I'm sorry for all your losses.   I've never gone through this, but I would guess it is due to your age (44) and hormone issues (maybe low progesterone)  which is common at that age.  I know you said you've always been able to get pregnant easily, but fertility tends to decline very, very rapidly after age 40 and very few women can get pregnant naturally at age 44.

Homeschooling mom to 4 joy.gif

My Home Remedies Website treehugger.gif

#3 of 6 Old 08-29-2012, 05:26 AM - Thread Starter

thank you for writing! Actually, I get pregnant...(even at my age) VERY easily. Believe it or not more easily than I ever could in my 20's and 30's. I use a natural progesterone cream, and I use progesterone suppositories as soon as pregnancy is suspected. My FSH was 5.6 the last time it was checked. Hmmmm, just was wondering if anyone has had this problem or had a friend or even a friend of a friend... LOL

#4 of 6 Old 08-29-2012, 05:57 AM

I just wanted to reply and say that it certainly doesn't sound like your age is making you infertile, and 44 is not the upper limit of fertility for everyone. Some women even get a surge in fertility in their late 40's in the last few years before menopause starts (change of life babies!)

I wish I could offer some suggestions or advice, but I don't personally know of anyone who had this problem because of a c/s. I do know several women with repeat chemicals who have never had a successful pregnancy and their CP has put it down to unexplained infertility. My own losses were all before my first DS, as I had several chemicals and then a m/c at 12 weeks before getting pregnant with DS1, and then got pregnant with DS2 just 6 months after the c/s. We're currently trying for another baby, but I'm still nursing which seems to have slowed things down.

I do hope you are able to get a sticky bean soon.

Lynslingboy.gif, wife to Robtrekkie.gif & Mamma to angel.gif "Moredcai" 12wks July 09, Aiden(6/1/10)banana.gif and Seth(9/7/11)babyf.gif hbac.gif  New blessing Megan(5/9/13)hearts.gifuc.jpg

#5 of 6 Old 08-29-2012, 08:48 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you, I wish the best for you as well!!

#6 of 6 Old 08-31-2012, 01:43 PM

Hello! I am so sorry for your losses.  Of course I don't know the exact answer, but I am a holistic nutritionist so I have some ideas from that perspective.  The basic nutritional questions are, are you drinking coffee and/or alcohol? Are you eating dairy, if so, how much and is it organic? Are you eating meat, if so, how much and is it organic? What is your Omega 3 intake? How much processed/packaged food are you eating? How much water are you drinking?

The first thing I have my clients do (I specialize in fertility) is starting taking maca every day either in powder form in a green smoothie (this is what I encourage) or in capsule form (I like the brand, Gaia). Maca is not an herb and has no contraindications, but it has been shown to balance the endocrine system.

Next, I would  look at the questions I asked above and make determinations on what is healthy and what will bring the woman's body into balance--it is different for every woman as we are all bio-individuals. In general, however, I think minimizing if not elimination of dairy is extremely helpful and when it is consumed, only organic.

You may be miscarrying because of egg health--it may not be a viable embryo. Your husband's sperm may also not be in good health. 30% - 50% of all infertility is related to the male!  There are things you can both do to help this. It takes three months for the journey of an egg to ovulation and it takes three months for men to produce an entirely new batch of sperm. If you and your husband worked together to get very "clean" and healthy with your diets, you could try again in three months with possible success due to healthier sperm and egg!

A study was just published showing that men who consumed 75g of walnuts a day (high in Omega 3) had improved sperm on all the markers! Here's the thing--that study was supported by the walnut industry. However there are other studies that show that increased Omega 3 consumption affects the health of the sperm so if your hubby likes walnuts, go for it!

If you were my client I would suggest instead of walnuts (or in addition to) take Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega. Take three in the morning and then two with each meal. You will notice that this will also help with stress, which is another factor in miscarriage and fertility in general.

Warmly,

Elijah

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page