Have been to my 28 week check up with my consultant today and have been told I need to make a decision as to whether i want an elective c-section or try VBAC. I wasn't prepared for this and have no idea what to do!!! My 1st was born at 37 weeks, I had to have a synpho injection as i stopped at 9cms then rushed down for emergency c-section to then have her delivered by forceps. My 2nd was delivered by emergency c-section at 29 weeks as i went into labour and she was breech.
They have told me they will not give me a synpho injection if i do decide a VBAC nor will they induce me if i go over due date, so i'm thinking i could potentially could end up with an emergency c-section. My scar is on the bikini line but no idea what sort of incision was made inside? The fact that they are giving me this choice is making me wonder whether it would be ok or should i just go for an elective c-section and be done with it? Any advice or experience would really be appreciated!
I had a VBAC with my 2nd after my first was a c-section at 28 weeks. You've had a vaginal delivery before, even if forceps were used, so your chances of successful VBAC are very high. Your ob is giving good advice in that induction or augmenting labour with a scar increases the chances of rupture. If you've had two before your due date you are less likely to go post dates so induction shouldn't be an issue.
I went to just on 42 weeks because I had a scar and so was waiting to go into natural labour. So glad I did!
Hope things go smoothly for you this time.
I had a c-section with my first at 30 weeks and I've since had 2 VBACs. They were both long, over 30 hours, so just be sure you have a good, patient care provider.
My VBACs were long and hard and wonderful and I wouldn't change a thing about them.
Wife to an amazing man , mommy to 3 wild dudes: ds1 (5/23/05 @ 30 weeks), ds2 (3/5/09) , and ds3 (9/26/10) . Part time librarian, full time mommy, occasional chef and maid.