Anyone dealt with a VBAC and a septum? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 09-09-2012, 09:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My sister is expecting in May-super early still.  She had a cesarean 9 yrs ago after carrying her son head down for 40+ weeks.  She had an epidural, he was posterior and not well positioned. I am a doula and childbirth educator, I know how important it is to hear positive stories!!!  I was wondering if any of you lovely ladies has dealt with this?  She got pregnant without any fertility help, she did have a miscarriage with her first pregnancy, and a miscarriage in between her son and this pregnancy last year. She wants to have a VBAC, is using a supportive midwife, but is very type a, if I can get her some info on it, she would feel much better!  She is open minded, but not crunchy in the least. Thanks in advance

wife to an amazing hippie man, momma to many~3 DS/ 3DD  novaxnoIRC.gif homebirth.jpgcd.gif homeschool.gif
#2 of 6 Old 09-12-2012, 08:10 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)

I don't have any experience with this, but am bumping up your post for attention. I hope your sister has a wonderful birth!

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

#3 of 6 Old 09-14-2012, 07:05 PM

Hey there, I am a mom of two boys. First baby was born posterior and delivered vaginally with a vacuum assist. When I was 39+ weeks I found out my second pregnancy was footling breech. I was admitted and the doctors attempted several times to turn the baby without success. I was told this type of breech was not very safe to deliver vaginally and had to book a c-section. While I was frozen for the section my doctor attempted to turn the baby again, which didn't work and he was delivered via c-section. This is when they discovered my complete septum, this would explain the presentations of both pregnancy's! I'm not sure if I will have a third but if I did my doc told me I would be a able to attempt a vbac, which I totally would. Just not sure how high her chances are where she hasn't had any children vaginally. Not sure if this is any help to you but I know septums are not very common and thought you might like to hear my experience:)

#4 of 6 Old 10-23-2012, 01:21 PM

I have a bicornuate uterus, and had one baby vaginally at 32 weeks, then one by c-section at 36 weeks (footling breech), and am planning a VBAC in the next two months for baby number 3. I have been told that the bicornuate uterus shouldn't make too much difference with the VBAC, and that there just isn't enough research to know whether the BU has any effect on things like uterine rupture, etc. This baby is vertex, so all looks good so far. I'll post again after she is born!

#5 of 6 Old 09-25-2013, 01:03 AM

Have septate uterus and
* 7 years old daughter, born c-section because of breech position
* miscarriage two years later
* 2 years old son born vbac
And I am pregnant again - expecting my second vbac with septate uterus (fingers crossed;)
#6 of 6 Old 01-27-2014, 12:10 PM

I have a slight bicornate uterus. I had a c/s with my first baby because he was breech and they tried to turn him and he ended up tangled in his cord instead. When they got in to deliver him they found my small septum. He probably would not turn because he was stuck on one side of it. 

My second birth was induced at 38 or 39 weeks (I can't remember) because I was running low on fluid. I had a nice, fast, natural 6 hour labor and successful VBAC. 

My third baby was breech up until the very end and I worried she was stuck on one side of the septum like my first. But she flipped on time. I ended up having a c/s for an unrelated emergency. Fourth was an elective c/s. 

It can certainly be done :) 

flower.gif Amanda flower.gif

Conservative, Christian, and Crunchy!

Wife of T, Mom of Z18, E15, M14, and D10.

Praying for a Reversal Blessing! 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page