Full-term VBAC after premature C-section? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 09-18-2012, 10:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Hi all,

I was 25 weeks and 5 days when I had my C-section last time. I'm 25 weeks and 5 days today. My c-section was early in the morning, so I'm already past that point. I'm just wondering if anyone has had a premature c-section and then gone on to have a full-term VBAC. I'm interested in what I can expect from here. My incision is low transverse, but it wasn't on a "full-size" uterus, so I'm wondering what sorts of physical feelings I could possibly expect, both the ones that are normal and the ones that are cause for concern, from here on out.

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

Younique has new products 9/1/14! Come check it out!!
Want to get paid daily and start earning as soon as 24 hours after sign up? Join my team!
#2 of 8 Old 09-18-2012, 10:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi! I had my c-section at 33 weeks and I'm 32 weeks today. Sorry I don't have much to offer but support. Congrats on making it past that milestone! I have not heard anything about an early section being a source of greater risk or concern or anything.
#3 of 8 Old 09-25-2012, 07:18 PM

I had a c-section at 30 weeks and then went on to have 2 HBACs, both full term (one "overdue" at 40 weeks, 5 days, I was so thrilled, LOL).  I had totally normal pregnancies with no strange sensations or anything of the sort.  Well, nothing that could be identified as abnormal, anyway.  I had BH from about 36 weeks on with each pregnancy.  My labors were both long and slow (30 and 31 hours respectively), but I assume that's just how I labor.

Wife to an amazing man love.gif, mommy to 3 wild dudes: ds1 (5/23/05 @ 30 weeks), ds2 (3/5/09) hbac.gif, and ds3 (9/26/10) hbac.gif. Part time librarianread.gif, full time mommysupermod.gif, occasional chef and maid.

#4 of 8 Old 01-01-2013, 09:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
I had my HBAC yesterday morning. smile.gif

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

Younique has new products 9/1/14! Come check it out!!
Want to get paid daily and start earning as soon as 24 hours after sign up? Join my team!
#5 of 8 Old 01-10-2013, 10:49 PM

Congratulations, Mama!!!

Mama to a daughter (3/2008) and a son (7/2011)
#6 of 8 Old 01-27-2013, 09:06 PM

Wonderful! Congratulations!! How many weeks were you?

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).
#7 of 8 Old 01-27-2013, 09:26 PM

Nevermimd...I just found and read Josiah's birth story. Loved it!

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).
#8 of 8 Old 01-28-2013, 10:31 AM

I was always told that the pain caused by my scar opening would be obvious. The pain would be so great and so different from normal pregnancy and labor sensations that I would know. I also learned that uterine ruptures don't just explode but happen over at the minimum 1/2 hr. That's why the rule use to be by ACOG that a hospital could do VBACs if an anestiologist could arrive at the hospital within a 1/2 hr. Now they say there needs to be one on site. I would take uterine rupture seriously though and make sure you go to the hospital at any sign of things moving out of the normal range. But keep it in perspective too and don't buy into the fear. Keep educated and listen to your body!

VBAC moms are so powerful! 

Thais

http://about.me/thaisderich

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page