Wanting to VBAC in central Indiana, HELP! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-23-2012, 11:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am in desperate need of a VBAC friendly midwife or OB in Central Indiana.  I live in Noblesville and had my c-section at Riverview, and will not be returning.  Right now, I am looking at Methodist, IU North, or Community Hospital in Anderson as my best options- but I am open to anything.  I don't really feel like home birth is an option for this pregnancy. 

I would prefer a midwife, but am willing to work with an OB who is very respectful of my natural childbirth plan. 

If anyone has any suggestions, please share.  Thanks!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2012, 02:33 PM

Now that the Birth Center has closed down, there aren't many options for hospital birth as far as midwives go. 

Proud Mama to Ceili Fey energy.gif(3/6/03),  Elias angel.gif (vbac.gif  4/9/08-3/4/12), Noah blowkiss.gif (vbac.gif  4/21/09 ), Henry diaper.gif (h20homebirth.gif  1/30/12 ), and babyboy.gif Calvin  (hbac.gif 3/7/12).
  novaxnocirc.gif  winner.jpg  cd.gif 

candleflicker2.gifhttp://visitourcrazyhouse.com/

Old 09-25-2012, 10:46 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Would you consider interviewing a couple homebirth midwives just for comparison?  I was very against homebirth going into the whole VBAC research thing, and was convinced by the statistical success they have shown as well as the respectful way they have handled my pregnancy. I went to several hospitals in the beginning as well.  If nothing else, you will know why you have chosen the plan you end up with.  

Old 09-25-2012, 12:39 PM - Thread Starter

I would be willing to talk to HB midwives, but I am having trouble locating them.  If anyone knows of any in this area, and knows how to get in contact with them I would be grateful if you could share :)

Old 09-25-2012, 12:41 PM - Thread Starter

the biggest reason I don't want to homebirth at this time is because we live in an apartment complex... I am worried about noise complaints, lol.  Anyone have any experience with this?  I would hate to have the cops pounding on my door as I am crowning :P

Old 09-27-2012, 03:24 PM

Believe Midwifery located in Thorntown or Lynda Barton-Kirch located near Broad Ripple (just google her). Both are CNMs but NOT medwives.

Proud Mama to Ceili Fey energy.gif(3/6/03),  Elias angel.gif (vbac.gif  4/9/08-3/4/12), Noah blowkiss.gif (vbac.gif  4/21/09 ), Henry diaper.gif (h20homebirth.gif  1/30/12 ), and babyboy.gif Calvin  (hbac.gif 3/7/12).

Old 09-27-2012, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamanexit5 View Post

the biggest reason I don't want to homebirth at this time is because we live in an apartment complex... I am worried about noise complaints, lol.  Anyone have any experience with this?  I would hate to have the cops pounding on my door as I am crowning :P

We are in an apartment, unlike our last homebirth, and I will probably just mention to the neighbors as it gets closer to time. Honestly, though, at home labor is totally different than in hospital. You may find that, because you're in your own environment, things aren't as bad as you think they will be.

Old 09-27-2012, 06:36 PM - Thread Starter

thanks ladies :)

User Tag List