VBAC after having 1 c section - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 09-25-2012, 06:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I got a question about doing a vbac. With my first one she was breached the whole time and so they scheduled for me to have a c section now my water did brake a few hours before going in for my c section but she still hadn't moved so they just did a regular c section. I'm told they did it the way that I could have a vbac if i wanted to for the next one. Well I'm pregnant again and it's been 4 years since my last c section and I keep going back and forth between having another c section or doing a vbac. I know the baby's head is already down and everything but I just don't know what to do. Do you think I would be able to do a vbac safely this time? 

#2 of 4 Old 09-25-2012, 07:12 PM

Studies show that VBAC is safe and, since you already know your baby is head down then, yes, I think it is not only safe but that you have a great shot at making it happen!  Just do a lot of research and get really informed.

I had 2 VBACs after having a c-section with my first and I'll never forget the sense of wonder after my first VBAC.  I felt like a total rock star!  Not to mention recovery was way easier.

Good luck!

Wife to an amazing man love.gif, mommy to 3 wild dudes: ds1 (5/23/05 @ 30 weeks), ds2 (3/5/09) hbac.gif, and ds3 (9/26/10) hbac.gif. Part time librarianread.gif, full time mommysupermod.gif, occasional chef and maid.

#3 of 4 Old 09-25-2012, 07:34 PM

If the baby's head is down, that's a great start! It sounds like you can have a successful VBAC and good luck to you.

Jean, feminist mama raising three boys: W (7), E (5) and L (2.15.13)

#4 of 4 Old 09-26-2012, 04:00 PM

Go for it, you have nothing to lose by trying your best to labor naturally.  

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page