A little whine - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 09-26-2012, 04:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I just found out my SIL had a successful VBAC, and while I am SO PROUD of her, I am also SO JEALOUS. (I had a "failed" VBAC in 2010.) She wasn't even going to try- her MD told her she had only a 10% chance of success, but after I told her about the safety and benefits, she decided to go for it. Also, I'm now pregnant with my third (only 6w, she doesn't know about it yet), and having a difficult stressful time finding a VBA2C provider... of course I didn't want her to have another section, but I'm feeling rather miserable about her success too. Hope someone can identify with me, thanks for listening.

L, happily married to E since 8/06, mommy to B 11/07 and J 2/10
#2 of 4 Old 09-26-2012, 03:51 PM

Oh, SILs!  

My SIL had a totally great normal birth with a 6 hour epi and no complications what so ever, and she has complained ever since about how hard her birth was.  She didn't even try to BF, not even for the first day or anything.  A mere 6 weeks before, I had my CS to my total disappointment and all the ensuing complications including pumping for months while BF only worked by an absolute miracle of G_d.  She still reminds me of "how easy" it is to have a CS and how I'm "so lucky" I got one.  I had to bite my feelings back (and on several occaisions, my tongue), but now I can talk to her about it without hard feelings.  It gets easier, I promise.   Although, I have to protest at the "CS is so awesome" comments, still can't let that one slide...

We all a little whine now and then...

#3 of 4 Old 09-27-2012, 10:18 AM

I totally get where you're coming from! I also had a failed VBAC attempt in 2010 and when my baby was 9 months old, my friend had a relatively quick vaginal birth with her first child.  While I was thrilled that she had her baby and her story didn't end like mine, I had those feelings of jealousy and anger come up.  Eventually, once I saw that beautiful little face, It went away.

----------

~Kelly

Mama to Keegan and Rhiannon

#4 of 4 Old 10-05-2012, 05:44 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for your responses. I'm feeling better about it, slowly, but she's still "embarassed" around me, which makes it akward.

L, happily married to E since 8/06, mommy to B 11/07 and J 2/10

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page