Advice on VBAC or no VBAC! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 12-13-2012, 11:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey ladies. I just had my first baby 3 months ago via C-section and I was devastated that it had to be a c-section. I had planned a completely natural birth with midwives but got risked out of their care a week before my due daye because of a 140/80 BP. Free a couple of days in labor at the hospital I got to try and push my daughter out and I pushed for an hour an a half and she was apparently stuck. The doctor pressured me into a c-section by saying my baby would die, so of course I did a c-section.
#2 of 5 Old 12-18-2012, 07:36 PM

My VBA2C was incredible. I would do it again and again if it didn't come with 18 years of raising another child ;-) 3 are enough for me! There is a really great facebook support group called homebirth cesarean that's perfect for mamas who were trying for a home birth but ended up with a c/s. In many ways, it's completely different than starting out in the hospital. This link may or may not work http://www.facebook.com/groups/269845423099636/?fref=ts if not, and your interested, just search facebook for "homebirth cesarean." Good luck deciding!  

#3 of 5 Old 12-22-2012, 11:05 PM

It sounds like you might be a good candidate for a VBAC. 

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
13yo ds   10yo dd  8yo ds and 6yo ds and 1yo ds  
#4 of 5 Old 01-15-2013, 10:32 AM - Thread Starter

Well, the doctor ripped my uterus as he was taking the baby out so I don't know if that puts me at risk for a uterus rupture if I were to do a VBAC. I'm just terrified to have another c-section because of how bad it was. I nearly died because of how much blood I lost from my uterus ripping.
#5 of 5 Old 01-15-2013, 10:44 AM

You might want to contact your local Ican chapter for a referral to a doctor who is knowledgable about vbac and has a good track record with them. Have all of your records sent and then consult with him or her. The link to find your local ican chapter is:

www.ican-online.org

I had a vbac with my second under similar circumstances and had a very wonderful birth experience. The right doctor and hospital is crucial.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page