Last time I posted I had just taken about 8 home pregnancy tests that were all positive, which made me assume I was pregnant. Sadly, they were wrong and I was not. Ive made my peace with it and moved on (and I will never take another home prengancy test again). I am however, planning to become pregnant soon.
I got some bad news this morning. Well, sort of bad news. My fantastic VBAMC supportive OB is no longer providing prenatal care. He is strictly delivering babies and teaching (we can hope that his awesomeness passes on to the next generation of OBs). He recommended a female OB he personally trained but I am torn on what to do.
I am not planning ahead for one type of delivery or the other. Im letting whatever happens happen. Because I did everything I could possible do last time to avoid a c/s and ended up with a VBAC nazi OB who did everything she could to sabotage my efforts and ended up in the OR anyway. So unless something happens to change this, I would rather just take it as it comes and not set myself up to be disappointed. I know that the local midwives wont take me on because of my c/s history and i am not comfortable not having some sort of care. My options are a local military hospital, which is known for being anti VBAC, a local hospital that is mostly anti VBAC(depends on the doc) but definitely anti VBAMC, or seeing an OB i dont know but potentially having the dr I respect and trust deliver me (whichever way it happens). this hospital is an hour drive away from me, not that it bothers me.
I would love any imput that is not hurtful or degrading. I am well aware, after my multiple pregnancies and deliveries, of the risks involved with both delivery methods. I would to know what you ladies would do in this situation.
Im not pregnant yet so i have time. If there is anyone local to me that has any insight, that would be even better. Im in Clarksville TN, with Tricare and access to Ft Campbell.
I would say meet with the person your Doctor recommends. Maybe see her before you are pregnant and you can have a discussion about her views without the pressure of all ready being pregnant. If you don't like what she has to say, you can just move on without worrying about you and your baby's care. I'm sort of in the same situation. I left my OB/GYNS office, I had a c-section with my twins and want to VBAC next time. I also no longer have any maternity coverage. My twins were 6 weeks premature and they wanted to charge me $800/ month. No thanks. The hospitals around here are not very pro VBAC. There is a birthcenter but apparently you cannot VBAC in a birthcenter in Indiana. I found a great new gynecologist, but he doesn't do any OB care either, (which I actually kind of like). So I decided I'll go to him for well woman and pay out of pocket for one of the local homebirth midwives (somehow we are totally lucky to have a few in the area that are amazing). It will end up costing me a ton less than any deductible would be anyway. Good luck in your search!
i would check out the dr's student too, then pray and read up alot. you miht not even be in tn when you get pregnant....
Slightly crunchy mama of three, one cs, one ubac, one vbac. Planning a vbac in October. Bookworms anonymous member.
|57 members and 8,642 guests|
|allirue , Alpay Çeliker , americanjuly , badwolf092087 , bananabee , belltree , boods*redux , cocoheart , Dawn's mom , dayloveme , DrClaire , EmsMom , Goldie Johnson , greenemami , Hannah32 , J716 , Janit368 , japonica , JennyT , JLUK , john67 , Jules09 , katelove , Katica , laangel , lilmissgiggles , LiLStar , loveandlight33 , MamadeRumi , marilyn612 , Memento , Milk8shake , MissMuffet , MPsSweetie , Mylie , NaturallyKait , oaksie68 , perkier , Piskito , prosciencemum , pumabearclan , redsally , RollerCoasterMama , sarafl , shantimama , Simon , sofreshsoclean , SummerStorm22 , Teles , ThePrimMom4 , TrishWSU , Viola , wassernixe , yarnsurgeon|
|Most users ever online was 449,755, 06-25-2014 at 12:21 PM.|