vbac after 2 csections desired - how to go into labor now? - Mothering Forums

View Poll Results: Should I just go in for that 3rd c-section tomorrow?
Yes 0 0%
No 3 100.00%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-07-2013, 02:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi moms,

I am 38 weeks 5 days pregnant.  I had a csection scheduled for last Monday (37 + 6) and managed to put it off to tomorrow, I was sure it was too early.  Since Monday my cervix has been thinning (I assume that's what's happening, it's the bloody show running more thickly daily).  I REALLY wish that I could just go into labor today or tonight before the csection that is scheduled for 11:30 am.  Only thing is that I have had 2 previous csections (2007 after baby wouldn't even come out with vacuum) and 2009 (repeat csection, same OB, said the baby would probably break my tailbone).  My OB in Paris - and the whole hospital & midwives there - don't support vbac on a twice scarred uterus.  I'm in a new city and don't know anyone who can see me through this.  Unless the baby comes out in the next hours, I'm stuck with this 3rd csection....  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2013, 08:47 PM

Why did they want to have you come in at 37w? That is very early for non medical reasons.

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).
Old 03-10-2013, 10:22 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookAMH View Post

Why did they want to have you come in at 37w? That is very early for non medical reasons.

probably so you do't accidentally go into labor before an rcs, its practice common in anti-vbac hospitals.

In this situation,, the only vbac option would seem to be semi-ubac, waiting through labor and arriving at the hospital after pushing is well under way.  Or, *forget* to come in until labor starts, and bring a very pushy person along to stall until you have given labor a try/tolac.  I pray you are calm mama, and feel comfortable with whateer you choose for this birth.  

Old 03-19-2013, 10:07 AM

This is tough on one hand I'm behind you 100% to wait.  On the other hand what do the OB's/midwives know that we don't.  I wish the best for you OP for what it matters it's the end result that counts. 

Old 03-20-2013, 09:31 PM

Any updates?

Wife to a wonderful husband, mom to 5 amazing boys, 2 m/c and Knox Cornelius our 5th son born at 15weeks 12/3/2011, Lillian Faith our 1st daughter, born at 14 weeks May 19, 2012 (Turner Syndrome). 

User Tag List