vbac after 2 csections desired - how to go into labor now? - Mothering Forums

View Poll Results: Should I just go in for that 3rd c-section tomorrow?
Yes 0 0%
No 3 100.00%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2013, 02:44 AM - Thread Starter
 
parismama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi moms,

 

I am 38 weeks 5 days pregnant.  I had a csection scheduled for last Monday (37 + 6) and managed to put it off to tomorrow, I was sure it was too early.  Since Monday my cervix has been thinning (I assume that's what's happening, it's the bloody show running more thickly daily).  I REALLY wish that I could just go into labor today or tonight before the csection that is scheduled for 11:30 am.  Only thing is that I have had 2 previous csections (2007 after baby wouldn't even come out with vacuum) and 2009 (repeat csection, same OB, said the baby would probably break my tailbone).  My OB in Paris - and the whole hospital & midwives there - don't support vbac on a twice scarred uterus.  I'm in a new city and don't know anyone who can see me through this.  Unless the baby comes out in the next hours, I'm stuck with this 3rd csection....  

parismama is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-07-2013, 08:47 PM
 
CookAMH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: the great northwest
Posts: 4,455
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Why did they want to have you come in at 37w? That is very early for non medical reasons.

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).
CookAMH is offline  
Old 03-10-2013, 10:22 PM
 
fayebond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Fringe Central, Oddballstate, USA
Posts: 1,209
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookAMH View Post

Why did they want to have you come in at 37w? That is very early for non medical reasons.

probably so you do't accidentally go into labor before an rcs, its practice common in anti-vbac hospitals.

 

In this situation,, the only vbac option would seem to be semi-ubac, waiting through labor and arriving at the hospital after pushing is well under way.  Or, *forget* to come in until labor starts, and bring a very pushy person along to stall until you have given labor a try/tolac.  I pray you are calm mama, and feel comfortable with whateer you choose for this birth.  

fayebond is online now  
Old 03-19-2013, 10:07 AM
 
Lulu0910's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 124
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

This is tough on one hand I'm behind you 100% to wait.  On the other hand what do the OB's/midwives know that we don't.  I wish the best for you OP for what it matters it's the end result that counts. 

Lulu0910 is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 09:31 PM
 
babycatcher12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: There's no place like home.
Posts: 481
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Any updates?


Wife to a wonderful husband, mom to 5 amazing boys, 2 m/c and Knox Cornelius our 5th son born at 15weeks 12/3/2011, Lillian Faith our 1st daughter, born at 14 weeks May 19, 2012 (Turner Syndrome). 

 
           
 
 
 
babycatcher12 is offline  
 
User Tag List

Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off