Trying for VBAC labor (lack of) rant - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 05-26-2013, 07:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Yesterday was my due date.  I've been having on and off contractions some very sharp but nothing more.  Lost my mucous plug yesterday morning in a disgusting don't want to think of it brownish blob yuck!!  My progression at this point is irritatingly slow.

I can't help but feel disappointed.  Like it's my fault that nothing is progressing.  Am I not walking enough? drinking enough water? Why isn't it happening already.  I know I shouldn't be thinking these things but I am.  With DS1 I was in labor for almost 70 hours.  I had 5 minute apart contractions to nowhere the entire time.  I'm trying to keep positive this time as the contractions are different then the last.  But it's really bothering me.  I feel like time is ticking and I don't want to be induced.  I do feel like my labor has started but that I am only in the beginning phase.  I fear being stuck in the beginning again.  My OB is very supportive and assures me that what happened last time was completely rare.  This time "should" progress faster. 

Any words of wisdom or similar experiences from those who had a VBAC?  Did you feel the same fears that I am feeling right now?  Once your labor started did you know (another fear.) that you were in labor? 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 05-27-2013, 03:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I havent had a VBAC but know the feelings of frustrations from your body not doing what you want it to. My water broke 5 days before I went into labor with my last baby. I finally did go into labor and got the homebirth I wanted. Bach flower remedies helped me a ton during those days of stress and worry

goorganic.jpg    namaste.gif    nocirc.gif  winner.jpg  slingboy.gif  familybed1.gif homebirth.jpg

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page