I had to have an emergency C-section with my daughter in 2011 after experiencing decelerations and no progression. I had two miscarriages before her requiring D&C. Since having my daughter, I have experienced 6 more miscarriages and had to have a hysteroscopy and laproscopy with lysis of adhesions due to endometriosis and Asherman's syndrome. I'm now just going into my 2nd trimester with my current pregnancy. Everything looks great, but I am worried that if I have another c-section with my Asherman's syndrome, then I may have more scar tissue or further complications. I'm not looking to defeat any odds or be a hero, I feel pretty fortunate to have the hope of another child. I only want to do what is safest for me and my babies. Does anybody know if the risks outweigh the benefit of VBAC or if it will even be acceptable with my history? I've only just been released from my specialists who told my to talk to my OB/GYN. I have an appt. with her next week, but thought it would be helpful if anyone could point me to resources or share stories so I could do my own research. Thank you!
Here is a list of all of my dx that have attributed to my miscarriages:
Mid-luteal phase defect
Unknown underlying autoimmune disorder (possibly)?
B6 & B12
First, congratulations on your pregnancy!
I wish I could be of more help regarding your situation. I do know that there are providers that would encourage you to try a VBAC instead of assuming an automatic RC. These are providers who also welcome VBA2C and VBA3C patients.
If you do decided to VBAC, you might be interested in this article:
I am just now pregnant with #2, and I believe cervical scar tissue might be one cause for the slow dilation that led to his cesarean birth.
Working Mama , wife to SAHD , DS 12/09 , #2 born 12/10, YAY for med-free