VBA2C hopeful vent - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 09-22-2013, 07:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I think I just want to get all the things spinning in my head right now out, any thoughts are appreciated.  First my heart will always be with homebirth, I have tried for two and ended up with two non-emergency transfers.  This time I feel comfortable that I would like to  be in the hospital. 

First, there are no VBAC supportive hospitals near me let alone after two sections.  So I am looking at a provider 3 hours away.  I just got to meet one of them at a baby fair type event yesterday.  He seems very supportive of VBAC and logical about putting the risk in perspective.  At the end of a talk he gave he said basically your chance of a VBAC is 74% after all is said and done and that seems like a great number to me, with the current rates of c/s on women with a first birth in the US.  My labors have been extremely long, so I think even if I left in early labor there is not much chance of not making it to that town. 

That being said my husband works out of state and would most likely not be home to drive me, it would be most likely me driving myself.  We have talked about maybe getting a room or something close to the due time, but that might really add up financially as who knows when I will go into labor.

I am thinking about getting a doula in that town so I have someone with me if it doesn't look like my husband will make it for a while and just for support. 

I am wondering if I should check out another group of OBs who are supportive as well, or go with this guy because I did like him. 

He requires an IV and continuous monitoring and it sounds like an ultrasound to check placental placement, which I am ok with, not that I would have chosen any of those, but I see why he would like them and it is is a compromise to just a repeat section to me. 

I have two children I will have to arrange for care for, even though they want to go with me, I can't see that working well.  I do have a friend who is willing to come up from another town to help however she is needed, she is probably three hours away too from another direction.

I am 12 weeks, so feeling quite a bit of pressure to get this worked out.

Thanks for reading :)

Stephanie married to Jerry  partners.gif  mama to  modifiedartist.gif (10) and superhero.gif(7) and 3rdtri.gif
#2 of 5 Old 09-22-2013, 07:07 AM - Thread Starter

This Dr. is in Spokane, Wa.  I do have family I could stay with in Boise, Id, but haven't gotten a good lead on a Dr. there.

Stephanie married to Jerry  partners.gif  mama to  modifiedartist.gif (10) and superhero.gif(7) and 3rdtri.gif
#3 of 5 Old 09-22-2013, 07:46 AM

I had a home away from HomeBirth & I actually found a Birth Community sister to rent her Apt to me when I went into labor for $250. I would say, don't plan to drive yourself 3 hours away in labor, by yourself. Make friends in that town.
steffanie3 likes this.
#4 of 5 Old 09-22-2013, 05:49 PM

I think hiring a doula is an excellent idea. Not only will she support you and do all she can to be your advocate for a VBAC, but she will also be able to drive you while you're in labor, right?

Katreena, peace.gif 39 year old Alaskan treehugger.gif Mama to 1 hearts.gif and 1 lady.gif gd.gif

#5 of 5 Old 09-22-2013, 09:37 PM - Thread Starter

I was thinking of one from the same town as the hospital, but that is a thought, there are non in my town, but an hour away I might find one willing... Good thinking.  I am hoping my husband might be able to take a few days before my due date off, we just can't afford for him to take too much time while we wait for labor.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page