looking for vba3c guidance in Dekalb IL - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-26-2014, 10:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi. I am 29 and currently live in Dekalb, new to the area, moved from Aurora. My first section I was 41 weeks, and Dr. ordered a stress test. Went in at night, my daughter had low fluid and decreased heart beat when I was put on the fetal monitor, whenever I would stand to use the bathroom the heart rate would decrease. Her heart rate would eventually come back up, but it was scary. The hospital admitted me and I was given pitocin. I didn't progress, they tried stripping the membrane (I think? ...it has been 10 years, please forgive me). I think I only got to 1 or 2 cm. So they decided cesarean, while in the operating room someone noticed the iv in my hand wasn't in the vein. I was poked about 4 times by 2 different nurses and I guess neither of them got it, so how much pitocin I actually received is hard to say. My daughter's amniotic fluid was low, and she had low blood sugar, besides that, super healthy and went home on time. Dr. Told me that bc she was a section I would have repeat sections there after. Four years later I had a repeat section at 39 weeks, no issues, normal fluid and heart rate this time around. This daughter also had low blood sugar, just not as bad as her older sister, also healthy and home on time. 16 months later another repeat section at 39 weeks, everything normal with fluid range and heart beat, low blood sugar again, but just barely. With this daughter we went home a day early!

All these pregnancies had low transverse incisions. My second section was done by the doctor who delivered DH, and the 3rd section was done by a seperate doctor who said he could tell a veteran had done it, but it was done beautifully. (I think he said something about the way he stitched something they don't do anymore bc it was found to be unnecessary?) Through all these pregnancies when stress tests were done, the monitor would show sparse contractions to 7 and the nurses would ask if I felt them, and I barely did. I still rememberplacing my hand on my belly and feeling it tighten. I would love to have a vbac. This would be our last child and I want to have this experience.

DH and I will be ttc our fourth child in a few months, and I am hopeful on finding out more information. Currently I emailed my local ican and am waiting for that contact. Any information or advice would be wonderful. TIA.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2014, 10:39 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)

It looks like your post might have been missed so I'm bumping it up for attention. :bump: Anyone have a recommendation to share?

OP, I wish you a wonderful TTC journey and the birth that you want this time.

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

Old 03-04-2014, 10:43 PM

Join ICAN on Facebook and see if there's anyone in your area who can recommend providers.  Great way to network.

Mama to a daughter (3/2008) and a son (7/2011)
Old 05-29-2014, 10:48 PM

The hospital in DeKalb is not VBAC friendly - or at least, they weren't when I lived there. I had my VBAC in Oak Park with West Suburban Midwives. There is a good Chicago-area ICAN group online with lots of information so they will be more updated. But the drive from DeKalb to Oak Park in labor is definitely doable unless you're a VERY fast laborer (I'm sure not). And the Wright Inn is a nice hotel near the hospital where you could stay in early labor - excellent hot water supply *grin*.

Dr-Mom and SAHD extraordinnaire. DD1 (5), DD2 (3), MMC 04/10.

User Tag List