hoping to try VBA2C- HELP ME PLEASE - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 03-10-2014, 04:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

i have had 2 previous sections, 1st one was 2007. On my due date i started leaking , went to hospital was induced but nothing happened (guess baby was not ready to come out yet), was wheeled into OR for a section 10 hours later cos doctor said i might get infection;

2nd one was 2011, went into labor but i wasn't well informed and had my second section after several hours laboring, labored up to 8cms.:angry:(

2014 I'm now expecting baby #3 and would really love to have a vaginal birth.

i need your help on how i can make this happen. Truthfully speaking, the mere thought of another section terrifies me and gives me the shivers. What are my chances of success? I want all the resources i can get. Anything.

#2 of 3 Old 03-10-2014, 05:41 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi!  Congrats on your pregnancy.  You can definitely try a VBA2C and it is great that you want to be as informed as possible.  I would start with finding your local ICAN group and finding the most supportive provider in your area.  That is going to be your biggest hurdle in achieving a VBA2C - finding someone who truly supports and wants to help you have your birth, not just someone who will potentially consider letting you maybe try laboring if you meet certain criteria.  Also having a supportive partner/family will be very helpful.

Vbacfacts.com is a great source to start educating yourself.  There's also some good info here:  http://www.plus-size-pregnancy.org/CSANDVBAC/NewestVBAMCresearch.htm#VBAMC%20Research%20Since%20The%202004%20Guidelines

There are several really active VBAC facebook groups that have very knowledgeable and supportive women as well. 

Have you spoken about vbac with your current provider?  How far along are you?

#3 of 3 Old 03-13-2014, 02:39 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Thank you so much for the info, it's helping me tonnes. I'm about 7 weeks- 8 weeks along. I spoke to my doctor at hospital where I had last baby n we went over the records to see if there was anything medically that hindered me from delivering normally. To my relief there was nothing except the fact that I'd had a previous section. That has given me new hope. My DH has been fearful of trying going the V way but thanks to the mothering articles I downloaded he is more supportive. Sadly my mom won't even hear about trying a VBA2C infact to some extent I agreed to the second section cos she was so scared I'd have a rapture. This time though I've decided to not let her in on my real EDD and I will labor from home as long as I can. A midwife friend of mine is willing to stay with me at home 'just to be on the safe side'

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page