anyone going for UBAC? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-08-2004, 07:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
is there anyone out there planning a UC after a c/s? anyone know by chance where I can find some UBAC birth stories?

Blissful Mama to DD-(5), DS-(6) and someone new due in November!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2004, 03:44 AM

I wanted to, but my husband wouldn't go for it, so we are having a HBAC with a CPM.
Old 12-09-2004, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowmoon
is there anyone out there planning a UC after a c/s? anyone know by chance where I can find some UBAC birth stories?
UBET!, lol yahoo groups. There is a UBAC list and a general UC list called cbirth. I am considering a UC with my next. I would prefer a midwife attended birth, but in my state midwives are prohibited from attending vbacs so I am quite limited on my out-of-hosptal options and I would much rather go UC than have another hospital birth.

Also, go to the homebirth MDC forum, there is a running UC thread each month.

homeschool.gifmama to two boys 10 & 8vbac.gif

Old 12-09-2004, 04:48 PM - Thread Starter

elvispuppy- thanks for the info. I just joined

sunnbabyin2005-after my c/s & complications I think my DH will go along with anything at this point! :LOL these days he is leaving it up to me.

Old 12-11-2004, 02:29 AM

I will be UCAC in February. Like you, my DH will pretty much go along with anything I say at this point (although it did take some work on my part to get here).

It finally became clear to DH that it just wasn't going to happen to have an attended birth here (at least not one that turned out well). The providers just weren't working for me. I've been wanting a UC since I got pregnant, I just had to convince DH - in the end, the providers did that FOR me, lol. Pretty ironic, huh?

Kinsey
Old 12-11-2004, 12:48 PM

I'm having a UBAC in March. I'm so excited! My husband is OK with it too. Basically because I flat out refuse to go to the hospital unless there is a serious complication that I can't handle myself. The thought of going to a hospital again put me into hysterics. Then I learned about UC and a sort of calm came over me. I was going to try for a midwife but they're not allowed to do VBACs here. Plus, most OBs and hospitals don't allow it anymore either.

I've read a lot of wonderful UBAC stories. I'm on a yahoo group called UBAC and many of the women there have their birth stories online. Also, if you do a web search I'm sure you can find many more (I would give you some links but I didn't remember to save them).

I'm reading a book called Primal Mothering In A Modern World by Hygeia Halfmoon. She also had a c/s with her first child and her second and third were UBAC. Her book is more about breaking away from what society thinks mothers should do/be/ect and following our instincts/intuition when it comes to our children. But, she does have a section on the births of her children.

If you have trouble finding any stories let me know. I read a few really inspirational ones I'm sure I can find again if I dig.
Old 12-12-2004, 11:33 PM

I'm hoping to have a UBAC in a few years, but I'm having a hard time finding birth stories. I have wierd reasons for doing it, and Mike is not in favor at this point (though we're not TTC for several years, BooBah is only 5 months old) but I'd still like to have an "accidental" UC with the next baby.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
Old 12-13-2004, 01:37 AM

Here are several UBAC birth stories I've found. Some have pictures and some have graphic writing (ie. the author really lets you know her experience). Some are also really long.

http://www.coffeegirl2000.com/albums...tory/index.htm
http://www.empoweredchildbirth.com/s..._daughter.html
http://www.empoweredchildbirth.com/s...enie_Tygo.html <-- My favorite birth story.
http://www.empoweredchildbirth.com/s...Su_Heaven.html
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=111351 <--This one is here on MDC
http://www.angelfire.com/az3/Celesti...irthstory.html and his brother http://www.angelfire.com/biz7/heart2hands/liam.html

Well, those are some of the ones I had saved. Many of them came from the same site, others were found in a websearch.

Perhaps in March I'll post on the UC thread in homebirths my own UBAC birth story!
Old 12-13-2004, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilonwy
I'm hoping to have a UBAC in a few years, but I'm having a hard time finding birth stories. I have wierd reasons for doing it, and Mike is not in favor at this point (though we're not TTC for several years, BooBah is only 5 months old) but I'd still like to have an "accidental" UC with the next baby.
What?? I'm at 10cm already? No time to get to the hospital.
Old 12-13-2004, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOmomma
What?? I'm at 10cm already? No time to get to the hospital.
:LOL Pretty much. I live about an hour and a half away from the hospital I plan to (not) deliver in, so it's all good.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
Old 12-13-2004, 08:47 PM - Thread Starter

thanks for the links amethystrse and for the book recomendation as well. I will definitly check those out.

Old 12-23-2004, 02:32 AM

ooh,thanks for all the links and recommendations! We're planning a UC VBAC. This is my 5th child and it'll be (*crosses fingers*) my 4th VBAC
Old 12-23-2004, 03:48 AM

This is my first UBAC and my second child. I'm so excited.
Old 01-01-2005, 08:00 PM

I had my UBAC 14 months ago after 2 c-sections. You can read my birth story here. http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=152779

teapot2.GIF jog.gif

Old 01-08-2005, 10:24 PM

HI all, Just subscribing to the thread. I am in the very early stages of thinking of a UBAC, heck just thinking about getting pregnant!

User Tag List