If you had a VBAC, what was the reason for your c-section? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 52 Old 12-29-2004, 02:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was wondering why anyone who successfully had a VBAC had a c-section with a prior birth?
#2 of 52 Old 12-29-2004, 05:44 AM

I'm no expert, but all of what you were told sounds SO bogus!

My harshness is NOT at you. I want to be tender to you. My harshness is at your (s)care providers and what they did to you and told you.

First off, your pelvis is well padded from the inside with tissues, muscles, and fat. What on earth could have cut her? Was there anything sharp that was near her? Besides the scalpel? No. I highly doubt that a baby could get cut inside the pelvis. Until a scalpel is introduced to the pelvic cavity.

My son has a tiny "divot" in his nose. It had a flake of blood on it. My son was posterior but no one checked for that before opening me up. I am 100% sure they nicked him and decided not to tell me. I have no proof. But I am sure. A friend of mine had a true emergency c/s and just as they cut into the uterus she flipped over (so much for her having no heartbeat) and they cut her face. Had a plastic surgeon in there so fast everyone's head swam. Of course, that was in Canada.

How are they going to check on the size of the future baby? By palpation, my midwife and the OB on call were 2 pounds off. Ultrasound is routinely 2-3 pounds wrong in either direction. Estimating size is not a science. It's guesswork.

Why didn't your midwife send you home when you were only 2.5 cm? That makes me sad.

I can honestly say, in all the labor stories I've read on ICAN, I've never heard of someone saying a baby's head was starting to swell. Especially when the cervix wasn't dilated and you weren't pushing. That sounds bogus too.

You were 5 cm and got nauseous and shakey? Did anyone mention you might have been hitting transition? I just read a birth story tonight where she was 6cm and an hour?half hour? later she was complete and the baby was out.

Sounds you like you have true mEdwives who wouldn't know normal birth if it bit them in the rear. I'd highly recommend finding new midwives for the next birth.

Which will likely be very successful and vaginal, especially if you realize how odd all the stuff that was done and said to you was!
#3 of 52 Old 12-29-2004, 12:21 PM

If you really want a successful vbac next time, get a more supportive care provider. Get a copy of your hospital records. Don't just read them, but understand what you are reading in there. It will most likely give you a different perspective on what happened. Join the ICAN list.

the reason for my c-section? officially, failed induction and fetal distress. Unofficially, it was all because i went to the hospital way too soon (my water broke early) and my OB wasn't on-call. I wasn't prepared for the possibility of any sort of interventions (much less the cesarean itself) because I honestly didn't think it could happen to me. I didn't have a doula, and my DH wasn't educated on the risks of the interventions I wanted to avoid, so he wasn't much help advocating for the natural birth I wanted. I'm also deathly afraid of hospitals and doctors, and when I got there, my labor stalled out and just would not start back up, even after attempted induction. So for me, a successful vbac meant a homebirth.
#4 of 52 Old 12-29-2004, 01:34 PM

For me it was that dd was breech and I was having her at a hospital. That meant a c-section.

For you I could guess and say perhaps if they did not augment your labor you would have slowly progressed and opened up to allow her to pass.

Being on your back after an epidural does not allow your pelvis to fully open. If you had been allowed to stand and/ or squat your pelvis would be able to open several more inches.

If I were you I'd look for a more supportive midwife for your next birth.

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
#5 of 52 Old 12-29-2004, 02:35 PM

My first birth was an unplanned c-section. I was about 6-7 cm dilated when the EFM showed that my dd's heart rate was less than half of what it was supposed to be and never came back up. The staff was wonderful and had me try different positions but when her heart rate never responded, I agreed that a c-section was needed. When she came out, they found that her umbilical cord had two knots in it (she was quite an acrobat!) and that when my water broke, the pressure pulled the knots and she was not getting enough O2. I was so grateful for my c-section cuz it saved her life as I wasn't even in "transition" phase yet.

My OB prac is very VBAC friendly and as I had no complicating factors with my 2nd pregnancy (no placenta previa, etc), they said I could go for it (VBAC). Both of my babies births are sacred and beautiful to me, but my VBAC 1.5 years ago is one of the highlights of my life. I was high for days and days! I hope you get the exactly the birth you are striving for
#6 of 52 Old 12-29-2004, 02:43 PM

I am so sorry to read your post. I had a c section because my baby was breech at the time of delivery. I had progressed through a successful induction and when my doctor broke my water, just before pushing, he discovered Noah was coming out butt first. I had no other option at that point but to have a c section. I hope to have a VBAC with my next baby, assuming it is not also breech.

It took me a year to come to grips with my delivery. I was not mentally prepared for the possibility of a section at all, as like you, I had thought I had taken every precaution to have a natural birth.

I am not an expert about labor and birth, but is it possible you just needed more time to allow the baby to descend? Some women have really long labors. Maybe you are one of them.
#7 of 52 Old 12-29-2004, 03:46 PM

Offically, my c/s was for "failure to progress", "CPD" and "dysfunctional labor" - those titles are all in my medical reports. UNofficially, it was a "failed induction" or "failure to wait" (I was induced for 48 hrs with cytotec and pit and my cervix never got past 2 cm). The medical community likes to use those titles to blame the woman's body for not working when in fact it is really the medical technology that doesn't work. And those are common titles the drs give and use to scare women into a repeat c/s. The "deck was stacked against me" so to speak.

My vbac was successful because I had supportive care providers, dh and doula. And most importantly because I had faith in myself.

"E'smom" - ((HUGS)) to you. Try not to blame yourself. Of course it is so easy to do. A VBAC is possible.
Also, I too have never heard of a baby's head swelling or being cut by your pelvic bone - that does sound very fishy. Definately get your records.
#8 of 52 Old 12-29-2004, 04:05 PM

My c/s was due to footling breech. Not the best position for birth, but maybe we could have monitored it closely. I know that most homebirth midwives still have experience delivering breech babies, unlike OB's, who automatically cut out breech babies. It used to be very common to deliver breech babies vaginally.

I believe that your body was made to give birth naturally and beautifully. I think that everyone, the mom, the dr.'s, etc. tend to get very antsy when it comes time to deliver, but the best thing to do it to just let it take its course. I think the minute outside interventions are introduced, like pitocin, the bodies natural ability to birth gets impeded. I also agree that they probably cut her head with the scapel, not your pelvis!!!

I understand how frustrated you are, because I also did yoga my entire pregnancy, found a nurse midwife to deliver in the hospital, etc. I was determined to not have a c/s. The second there was a blip on the radar, though, c/s was the first thing discussed. My midwife had never heard of basic things like the Webster technique, that might have turned the baby before delivery.

I think Direct Entry Midwives that deliver at home are far superior to any dr. delivery in the hospital, for most women. I recommend reading "Ina May's Guide to Childbirth." The birth stories in there are awesome, and she has demonstrated over and over how safe birth is, and how qualified and knowledgeable lay midwives are. There are many women who have been told that their pelvis was too small and that they would never be able to deliver vaginally, only to have great VBACs with even bigger babies than their first! My HBAC was an awesome, incredible experience, and it makes me sad that most women do not experience birth in this way.

So in the end, I believe it was your providers, NOT your body that caused your cesarean. ICAN has lots of research to help you in your next pregnancy.
#9 of 52 Old 12-29-2004, 06:57 PM

My c/s was one big intervention trainwreak, I really never had a chance even though I started out at 4 cm 80%.

My bp was borderline high right at the end, and with a "favorable cervix" my doctor decided that was a good enough reason to induce and not chance my labor interfereing with her holiday plans. I was induced by AROM, told to "get the epidural now if you want one because you will go fast and may not be able to get it later) so I did, never really feeling much of a contraction. was stuck in bed, bp plummetted several times from the epi and that required epinephrine shots. no progress, given pit at increasing doses but 14 hours later I had barely progressed 1cm and he was still high. So my doc didn't want to wait any longer.

He was posterior and asynclitic which contributed to the lack of progress. Did your midwife say anything about baby's position?

I agree with the others, it sounds pretty fishy, I would bet your baby did have some kind of malposition and I have read 2% of babies (6% of breech) are cut by the scalpel and that figure is likely underreported (or passed off as something else).

homeschool.gifmama to two boys 10 & 8vbac.gif

#10 of 52 Old 12-29-2004, 10:35 PM - Thread Starter

Great. I just feel like crap now. I was finally starting to get over the fact that I had a c-section and now I feel even crappier than I did after it happened. I think I made the cut sound like a big deal. In reality it was a tiny x shaped cut on her head. It was as thin as a paper cut and no bigger than 1/2 the length of the tip of my pinky. No one told me how it happened and the ob and the midwife did not try to tell me that she was cut from my pelvis. I just assumed that's what happened. She did come out slightly cone headed. My aunt has the same body shape I do and wound up with 2 c-sections for the same reason. She had a midwife (not the same midwives. She lives in a different state) both times and attempted a VABC. My cousin also had 2 c-sections for the same reason (she used an ob and she also lives in a different state but didn't try to VBAC). I guess maybe I was in transition when I became nauseous and shaky but it lasted 5 hours. I didn't realize transition could last that long.

I've spoken to all 3 midwives in my practice and they are supportive of a VBAC. They just can't give me statistics on how likely it is but they have shared stories of women who VBACed larger babies with them after their first baby was "too large" or their pelvis was "too small." I don't plan to ttc for at least a year so I guess I'll think more about providers then.
#11 of 52 Old 12-29-2004, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E'smom
Great. I just feel like crap now. I was finally starting to get over the fact that I had a c-section and now I feel even crappier than I did after it happened.
I am really really sorry. I think one of the hardest things about emotionally recovering from an unplanned c/sec is the second-guessing of yourself--if only you'd chosen different providers, been more assertive, etc. etc., then maybe you wouldn't have had a c/sec.

My first dd's birth, while not a "trainwreck" of interventions, did include pit and an epidural and eventually a c-sec for malpositioning (she was chin-up and sideways). My second dd's birth was a beautiful labor with no interventions at all...followed by three hours of pushing in which she wasn't decending well...and it turned out that even though it seemed like there was lots of room in my pelvis, every time I bore down with a contraction, my dd's head tilted to the side and she got stuck. So I had another c-section. Given these two births, my caregivers' theory is that there is something wonky about the shape of my pelvis that makes my babies twist around.

Maybe your providers WERE full of crap and you didn't really need the c-sec. Maybe your pelvis IS shaped strangely and it's hard for a baby to fit through. You can't really know at this point. The important thing, IMO, is to make peace with your c/sec and learn what you need to make your next birth the best possible experience you can.

Best wishes to you and your new baby!
#12 of 52 Old 12-30-2004, 12:51 AM

From a mom who has been through c-section and a vbac, I want to give you some encouragement. My first daughter was born by c-section after 4 days of labor and a transfer to the hospital from a home birth. I truly believe in my heart that it was necessary or the outcome could have been very bad. Even with excellent family support and a wonderful very knowledgable midwife, my body just wasn't working. The doctor gave me another twelve hours before they finally decided to do a c-section. She was 9lbs 12 ozs, face up and head sideways. She was actually wedged in my pelvis. I am thankful that a c-section was available when it was really necessary. But that doesn't mean I didn't cry every time a friend had a vaginal delivery, or I didn't feel like something was wrong with me, or I wondered if I could have done more.

With my next daughter, I tried for a home vbac. My midwife had me reduce my protein to help limit the size of the baby. Labor went well until I stalled, and since we didn't know what my pelvis could do, I transfered to the hospital, expecting a c-section. Big surprise! I was ten centimeters! After an hour of pushing and certain labor positions, I pushed out my baby! I wasn't broken! I could do it after all. She was 8 lbs, 2 ozs, quite a bit smaller and easier on me. With that excitement also came the realization that both my daughters are a wonderful gift from God. They came into the world in very different ways, but the point is that they came. They are healthy and wonderful. And I now have the knowledge that I can push a baby out like I was designed.

Hang in there. Feel free to cry when you feel like things went wrong. Some c-sections are necessary and some aren't, and I wouldn't waste emotional energy trying to figure yours out. Just look at your baby and thank God that you are a mother, no matter how it happened. Do your best to prepare for a vbac next time with good health and lots of info and great support. And whatever happens, you're a mom!!! And that's great!
#13 of 52 Old 12-30-2004, 01:01 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinky
Maybe your providers WERE full of crap and you didn't really need the c-sec. Maybe your pelvis IS shaped strangely and it's hard for a baby to fit through. You can't really know at this point. The important thing, IMO, is to make peace with your c/sec and learn what you need to make your next birth the best possible experience you can.
Thanks.... I really did like the midwives at my practice and I do trust them. I have replayed the birth over and over in my head and I finally got to the point where I really believe that I needed a c-section and there wasn't much else I could do. The midwife and ob did give me the option of waiting. But I chose to go ahead with it after contracting every 3 minutes or less for over 10 hours and shaking uncontrollably with nausea for 6 hours (I said 5 in my earlier post but I realized I did my math wrong). Unfortunately, now I am questioning the whole experience all over again since "poorly shaped pelvis" doesn't seem to be a valid reason for a c-section. I was really hoping be inspired by other stories. Or just find out that it probably wouldn't be possible for me and I did everything I could have. Oh well.....
#14 of 52 Old 12-30-2004, 01:06 AM

I am sorry you feel worse! I mainly wanted to convey to you that you shouldn't give up hope yet that your body can birth a baby vaginally. Try to find peace, and know that you did the best that you could to avoid a c/s, and next time you will know even more. Many VBAC moms become experts in the birthing field for their second babes! I also feel that things happen for a reason, and this journey will reveal something to you years down the road.
#15 of 52 Old 12-30-2004, 03:43 AM

haven't read the other replies yet....
my c-sec was for "failure to progress" and "cpd". really though, the induction wasn't working as quickly as the dr. wanted and it was dinnertime
#16 of 52 Old 12-31-2004, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Thanks.... I really did like the midwives at my practice and I do trust them. I have replayed the birth over and over in my head and I finally got to the point where I really believe that I needed a c-section and there wasn't much else I could do. The midwife and ob did give me the option of waiting. But I chose to go ahead with it after contracting every 3 minutes or less for over 10 hours and shaking uncontrollably with nausea for 6 hours (I said 5 in my earlier post but I realized I did my math wrong). Unfortunately, now I am questioning the whole experience all over again since "poorly shaped pelvis" doesn't seem to be a valid reason for a c-section. I was really hoping be inspired by other stories. Or just find out that it probably wouldn't be possible for me and I did everything I could have. Oh well.....
I think poorly shaped pelvis could be a valid enough reason for a particular section. I don't think that necessarily means it's a valid reason for a woman to have all sections. I am sorry that you are now questioning things again, you did the best you could with the information that you had and were given at the time. There are things you can do next time to maximize your pelvic outlet size like staying off your back and squatting or hands and knees and remaining mobile. Here is a wonderful article about pelvises that I think is very inspiring for women who worry about theirs: Pelvises I Have Known and Loved and you may also want to look into the Pink Kit, I read about it on the ICAN list and the women who have done it have found it very useful. here's a description of it from ICAN's Website:

The Pink Kit
The Pink Kit contains an audio cassette (90 minutes), a VHS video (1 hour 57 minutes), and a book (88 pages). The Pink Kit is full of essential preparations for your birthing body. This kit provides you with the knowledge you need to understand your unique body structure and how it works. Using this information, you will gain a new understanding of pregnancy, labour and birth. The exercises provide practical, realistic ways to prepare yourself for the amazing experience of childbirth. Once you've mapped your pelvis done the important hip lift and rocked your sacrum, you'll discover how the slightest tension can block flexible movement of your bony structure and soft tissue. Using the kit you will learn how to relax this tension and create more room for your baby. The more you do, the more you'll know, the more confident and self assured you'll feel.

#17 of 52 Old 12-31-2004, 01:21 PM

Wow! That article, "Pelvises I have known and loved" was so encouraging. I posted earlier that I had a cesarean and then a VBAC. There have been concerns about my pelvis, too. Now I am 2 months pregnant with #3 and planning a home vbac. I am anxious to try more upright positions while pushing. It may make all the difference. Everyone reading this thread, be sure to read that article. No matter what your birth experiences in the past, you can always have hope for the next one.
#18 of 52 Old 01-01-2005, 12:39 PM

Quote:
First off, your pelvis is well padded from the inside with tissues, muscles, and fat. What on earth could have cut her? Was there anything sharp that was near her? Besides the scalpel? No. I highly doubt that a baby could get cut inside the pelvis. Until a scalpel is introduced to the pelvic cavity.
I don't know about that. My son was born (via c/s after tol) w/ a scab on his head the size of a golfball in the general area of where his head was presenting. Something had to have caused it.

I was induced w/ AJ and he ended up being malpositioned. I pushed and they tried to turn him and he wasn't coming out. I just had Evan via vbac and it was fabulous. gOOD LUCK! Sorry about that, toddlers are sneaky.

Jennifer, LPN and nursing student, Doula, CPST, and VBAC mama x3 to
AJ (5/03), Evan (12/04), Ilana (11/06), Olivia (2/09), and Unity (8/2012)

#19 of 52 Old 01-01-2005, 12:42 PM

i had two emergency cesearean births. the first in 1989 - my water broke, no contrax, induction with pitocin, epidural, fetal heartrate dropped, distress, surgical birth. The second in 2000 cuz i was an idiot - pitocin induction due to babies HUGE size (yeah, she was "well over 9lbs at 37wks." right, then why was she born 7lbs 6oz???
anyway, two cesareans later, i had a vba2c 18mos ago that was fabulous

and i wish the same for you
#20 of 52 Old 01-01-2005, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepeach80
I don't know about that. My son was born (via c/s after tol) w/ a scab on his head the size of a golfball in the general area of where his head was presenting. Something had to have caused it.

I was induced w/ AJ and he ended up being malpositioned. I pushed and they tried to turn him and he wasn't coming out. I just had Evan via vbac and it was fabulous. gOOD LUCK! Sorry about that, toddlers are sneaky.
hmmm.... internal monitors, perhaps? My DD had a small cut on the side of her head, and aslo a scab where the internal monitor was screwed into her scalp.
#21 of 52 Old 01-01-2005, 07:25 PM

My first was an emergency c-section at 32 weeks. Ds stopped moving and I just felt like something was very wrong. I went into the hospital, they hooked me up to the moniters and found a heartbeat right away. I was so relieved but after he hadn't moved after 30 min in the hospital they tried buzzing him and not only did he not move but his heartrate didn't fluxuate. They called in my ob and sent me for an US. Turns out baby contracted GBS in utero and he was almost gone. He spent 3 weeks in the NICU and is a healthy happy 7yo now.

My second was a repeat for many stupid reasons. I was scared and my ob used that to get me to agree to the section. She is 5 now and just terrific.

I had my baby 14 months ago at home unassisted and is was amazing.

teapot2.GIF jog.gif

#22 of 52 Old 01-01-2005, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stafl
hmmm.... internal monitors, perhaps? My DD had a small cut on the side of her head, and aslo a scab where the internal monitor was screwed into her scalp.

or amnio hook, with my VBAC my dr tried to break my water at 8cm, but I had labored at home in the water for a while and I guess it had broken in there because there was nothing to break, but my son had cuts on his head from that after he was born.

#23 of 52 Old 01-02-2005, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by proverbs31mommy
Some c-sections are necessary and some aren't, and I wouldn't waste emotional energy trying to figure yours out. Just look at your baby and thank God that you are a mother, no matter how it happened. Do your best to prepare for a vbac next time with good health and lots of info and great support. And whatever happens, you're a mom!!! And that's great!
I agree with that!

My c-section was because she was breech. I would have totally tried to have her turned (either webster or ECV) but we didn't know she was breech until they broke my water (I was being induced for high BP after 12 weeks of bedrest)

My doctor was very apologetic, both at the time and afterwards. She and another doctor both thought dd was head down, so I guess her ass just felt like her head!

Of course I didn't want a c-section but I am not going to spend one ounce of my time dwelling on it. She is here, she is wonderful, I am fine, and I will try my damndest for a VBAC next time! and insist on an u/s to make sure she is head down

Christine, mom to C(7.5) - E(5) - J(3) - B(10 mos)

Doula, childbirth educator, Co-leader of ICAN of Atlanta

"Never miss an opportunity to make others happy, even if you have to leave them alone in order to do it." ~Anonymous

#24 of 52 Old 01-02-2005, 02:05 AM

My c-section was because dd was breech and she was in fetal distress. I had an uneventful VBAC almost 3 years later
#25 of 52 Old 01-03-2005, 01:05 AM

I had a VBAC last March.

My c-section was basically a failed induction/failure to progress. I was 10 days past my due date and I was showing signs of PIH (BP 140/90 and protein in urine), so they admitted me, started Prepadil and mag sulfate . 24 hours later I still had not progressed, so they began Pitocin. Another 16 hours on Pit and still only 3 cm, so I was rolled in for a c-section.

Inducing is a bad idea, especially when your cervix is not at all favorable.

~~Kristina~~ Mama to DS(10/30/01), DD1(VBAC 3/28/04) and DD2(HBAC 5/21/06)
#26 of 52 Old 01-03-2005, 03:44 AM

My c-section was because of an infection I had that made it dangerous for baby to pass through the birth canal. I had a successfull induced VBAC almost a yeard ago.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#27 of 52 Old 01-03-2005, 12:20 PM

My section was because my son was a footling breech. He was transverse at 37 weeks, and after that, they kept telling me he was head down. He was discovered to be breech when my water broke and I went to the hospital. The nurse on duty was checking the position or something, she said something doesn't feel right and went to go get the dr. Dr check me internally, asked if I had been told he was head down, I said yes, and she said well I feel a foot, not a head. He was born with a bruise on his butt in the exact same shape as my pelvis.

I vbac'd my daughter 3 years later. They started checking her position at 32-34 weeks. My original dr just barely felt for a head or a butt, and my midwives (it was a practice of 3), really pushed on my stomack to feel what was what. I was showing no signs of going into labor, and a c-section was scheduled at 41 weeks. I went into labor the weekend before my scheduled section and labored for 39 hours, my daughter had decided that she wanted to be sunny side up until the last minute.
#28 of 52 Old 01-03-2005, 06:46 PM

My section was for several 'reasons' but the biggest thing to the doc was CPD.
#29 of 52 Old 01-04-2005, 12:49 PM

Quote:
I've spoken to all 3 midwives in my practice and they are supportive of a VBAC. They just can't give me statistics on how likely it is but they have shared stories of women who VBACed larger babies with them after their first baby was "too large" or their pelvis was "too small." I don't plan to ttc for at least a year so I guess I'll think more about providers then.
Your baby wasn't LARGE at all. It sounds like you arrived at the hospital early and rather than trying to get you comfortable and letting you relax, maybe even sending you home, that the ticking clock was in full effect... Pit, Arom, ect...

I had a c/sect in 98 because of FTP, CPD, arrest of dilation... You name it, it is on my operative notes. After my BOW started leaking in the early AM, I was hooked to monitors, pit, IV by 12 noon. By 6pm I had an epidural. Started pushing flat on my back around midnight, FTP. Anterior lip began to swel... Have "negative" dilation. My cervix was so swollen that I was "back to 8cm". Finally after 16hrs of induction hell, I relented and had a c/sect. When DS#2 was born, everyone exclaimed, "THANK GOD you had hom surgically! He would have torn you to shreds". You see, my son was 9lb11oz. I am only 5'2" and pre-pg was about 120lbs.

In 2002, I gave birth at home to our 3rd son. The labor was long, almost 15hrs total. My ctx were close from the get go. 2-3 min apart, last 60-90 sec from 10am on. But I was still in a good mood, laughing and joking until almost 4pm. I swore with the way that the ctx were that I would have a baby by 2pm... Shame on me for putting a schedule on birth! :LOL My son was born with a nuchal arm (arm up by his head) which explained why my ctx were so intense and close together from the get go. He was 10lb 2oz with bigger head and chest measurements than his older brother who was delivered via c/sect. Right up to the moment of birth, the "What if's" played through my mind. I had doubts, albeit small doubts, that I could push this baby out of my vagina. It wasn't until I had his soft warm scalp in my hands as I continued to push every inch of him out that I really believed that I was going to give birth ON MY OWN!

I am now expecting our 4th child in the late spring. I eagerly await the journey to birth of this little being to unfold. And as "wierd" as it may sound, I look forward to the challenges of birth. I look forward knowing that I fully capable of birthing this little one.

Pelvises come in different sizes and shapes, just as we vary from individual to individual. Knowing what to do to increase our chances of sucessful VBAC is just as important as knowing that our bodies were perfectly designed. God, the goddess, Mother Nature, the fates (whatever you believe in) did not make us so that we could not birth our offspring. Pelvises loosen during pregnancy and expand during birth. Babies head's mold, rotate, flex and are born. We are not of a flawed design.
#30 of 52 Old 01-05-2005, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvispupy
or amnio hook, with my VBAC my dr tried to break my water at 8cm, but I had labored at home in the water for a while and I guess it had broken in there because there was nothing to break, but my son had cuts on his head from that after he was born.
No internal monitor, this could be an option I guess, but the sz of a golfball from it? It was a huge scab!

Jennifer, LPN and nursing student, Doula, CPST, and VBAC mama x3 to
AJ (5/03), Evan (12/04), Ilana (11/06), Olivia (2/09), and Unity (8/2012)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page