Vba3c - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 03-05-2005, 01:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello, i am a sahm of 3 beautiful blessings...however born via c/s :
I am studying the following: 1-to become a birth and postpartum doula, and 2-to have my 4th child. I am not pregnant yet, but hopefully will be one day. I am so mad because I cannot find a mw in my area (VT) that will take on a VBA3C. they all are afraid to lose their licenses. Are there any other suggestions? how do i go about finding a mw that will let me do this? i want this so bad, i hope someone can help! I am also on an ICAN list too, and they are very helpful.I just want some more insight and collect as much info as I possibly can from everyone I can find. I dont know what else to do, i cant travel except for an hour or 2 away, (financial difficulties)and everyone i speak to says no they wont assist me. Any other suggestions besides an UB? thanks! :

Barbara, proud mama to 3 breastfed children :

Mamma to my four wonderful, amazing and unique children~~Wife to my true soulmate who sees things the way I do, together we are truly a team!
#2 of 14 Old 03-05-2005, 01:46 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Have you thought about seeing if there's a doctor who would take you? I know you'd rather have a mw (me too!) but it's possible you might find a decent OB who would let you try for a VBAC in the hospital. Other than that and UC, I don't really know. Good luck though!
#3 of 14 Old 03-06-2005, 11:42 AM

VBA3C are totally possible. The key (IMO) is to know you are capable, find a supportive HCP, have your DH/DP on board and truly supportive... I would call EVERY MW around and ask them if they will accept you as a client... If they say no, ask for a referral to someone they think may take you on...

I remember rather fondly a woman on another email list who had her 4th baby at home after 3 c/s... I don't remember the reason for the first c/s but the 2nd was an ERCS, the 3rd a transfer after a HB attempt and her 4th was born gloriously at home in their hot tub! She was one of the inspirations for my own HBAC.
#4 of 14 Old 03-06-2005, 01:08 PM

Were all 3 babes born with the same doctor?
#5 of 14 Old 03-21-2005, 09:00 PM - Thread Starter

Yes, they all were. Unfortunately LOL. But i shouldnt be mad---he was doing what he was trained to do--perform c/s's, not catch babies. He thought he was in the business of catching babies, but he is a surgeon too. I should have known better LOL. That doctor is now 4 hours away from me, and i wont go back. There are NO doctors in Bennington or Brattleboro(an hour away)that will either take me, or that I am willing to go to. I dont trust them anymore. I am working prenatally with a midwife so at least i have some support. Im not as worried as I was, but i am still reading and researching UR every single day. I am well equipped to handle UC so in the event that i have no one (well my husband and doulas will be there) i will be prepared on what to do. I am confident i can do this and i will I cry almost every night because i want this so badly. I envision numerous ways that i will give birth at home and i know ill be a bundle of tears and emotions, so i cry because I really really want to do this. From the bottom of myheart.
This is our last child, 4 is a perfect number for us

Mamma to my four wonderful, amazing and unique children~~Wife to my true soulmate who sees things the way I do, together we are truly a team!
#6 of 14 Old 03-22-2005, 01:22 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
What about finding an UNlicensed midwife? Surely there are some in VT...it may take some searching, though.
#7 of 14 Old 03-22-2005, 10:43 AM

I live on the VT/ NH line and I am going for a VBAC this time. Have you contacted Dartmouth? You would think they would be conservative, but they are doing this big study trying to show that VBACs are not dangerous. I know a couple people who had a VBAC after 2 sections there.
That being said, I am going to a smaller place up in Woodsville, NH that is about 15 minutes from Bradford, VT. Pretty far for you. Dartmouth isn't too far though. Check it out. I have a family physician who is super pro VBAC. he absolutley no qualms in doing them. None. I never thought I would go with a doc, I am a midwife type of girl. But.... there are some cool docs out there. When I met mine, I was floored. It was humbling for me, because I am an acupucnturist and sometimes I unfortunatley categorize MDs " bad" and holistic practitioners "good". This has all been a learning experiecne for me. Also, get a doula if you can. I got one who has been to many VBACs .
#8 of 14 Old 03-23-2005, 11:35 PM

Do you have any friends in Mass who would let you birth at their house? I recently had someone HBA2 or 3C at my place in North Central MA. No HB regs in MA, and some nicwe hotels.
#9 of 14 Old 03-24-2005, 04:22 PM - Thread Starter

I have one friend in MA but she doesnt believe in natural childbirth LOL. i actually dont talk to her much and wouldnt feel comfortable. I am still researching lay midwives, but havent found any, or rather, any resources where i can find one. I do have a good midwife working with me prenatally now and doing meditations and hypobirthing things. I do have 2 doulas assisting me for my birth which is awesome Dartmouth wont take me on, they said not after 3 c/s. im still searching though! thanks!

#10 of 14 Old 09-08-2006, 05:10 PM - Thread Starter

I dont know if ive ever posted this! I have had my HBA3C last November! SHeesh, its been almost a year and i dont think ive ever come here to finish my story! Here is my story. www.freewebs.com/doulajewla click on our homebirth story link on the left. This birth has changed me forever thanks for all the support well over a year ago lol!

#11 of 14 Old 09-08-2006, 07:43 PM

I thought that was you...was very surprised to see you asking about a VBA3C, when I knew you'd had one! The date definitely cleared things up!

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

#12 of 14 Old 09-09-2006, 12:39 PM

I am so happy for you! This is wonderful!
#13 of 14 Old 09-12-2006, 04:30 PM

You did it!!! Awesome!!!!!

It IS a life-changing experience for sure!
#14 of 14 Old 09-12-2006, 04:44 PM

Yippee!!!!

I love your story! Reaffirms that I am doing the right thing having this baby at home after 2 cesareans!

Thanks for sharing!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page