08-16-2005, 02:18 PM
- Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Portland, OR
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Possible Move to Las Vegas... Question for all you Doulas/Midwives/moms.
Long story short.... There is a very "slight" chance we could be moving to Las Vegas for DH job. Since it is a possible choice, I need more info before I even can consider the move. Are there hospitals in the area that allows VBACs? This is a make or break decision for me at this point because I want/need the option for a VBAC! We moved to Washington state (South-East side) in January from San Francisco, CA. Ideally I would be back in SF for the next baby but I really don't think that is going to happen with the high cost of living there... No way could I even think of being a SAHM there.
My son will be one next week so I need to be realistic about the next baby. We do plan to wait until he is almost two to try to conceive to give me the best chance to have a VBAC. We were planning to be in the birth center in SF but because he had a very low amniotic fluid at 41.5 weeks, we needed an induction. That was a disaster and basically did not work, then he had fetal distress that lead to an emergency cesarean (though I was awake for his birth).
Even thought I am a SAHM now, I was a Doula & Childbirth Ed instructor for 10 years before my son was born. I know all about my rights and can ask all the right questions, but I just don't want to fight for a trial VBAC for this next pregnancy.
Does anyone have experience with the hospitals in Las Vegas? Any info would be greatly appreciated.