41 weeks and still not dialated....Much talk of induction - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 36 Old 09-11-2005, 02:57 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2six
The 'wheel thing' and the average length of pregnancy are all based on your last menstrual period. That is not why we have so many failed inductions. We have so many failed inductions b/c the body labors when ready (generally) and trying to force the matter often doesn't work.
This is correct. I apologize for not wording what I meant, better.

Quote:
Also, you should have more than 10 kicks in 12 hours. Usually recommended is 10 in an hour of so (this link says more than 10 in 4 hours, ACOG says 10 in 2 hours.). Less than 3 in an hour (and repeted with no improvement after a sweet drink) is reason for a visit to L&D.
Next time before I answer a comment, I will read up on it more. I went by what I remembered, but all my books are packed up- we just moved, and they arent unpacked yet. I will be sure to be either better informed before I say anything, or have my documentation. I do know of babies who scared the stuffing out of thier mothers, but were just having a quiet time. So that is why I felt the 12 hrs was more, shall we say, practical. Especially during the end of pg, when the baby quiets down just before labor starts.
#32 of 36 Old 09-11-2005, 03:01 AM

The usual advice is to do it at a time period when you know your baby to be active. Also, that is why the recommend trying twice, so you avoid a 'false alarm' of a quiet time.
#33 of 36 Old 09-11-2005, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iriemama96
I am 42 weeks at the end of the weekend. I have felt like everyone is watching and waiting, but that has passed. I am starting to get worried that this is babys way of letting me know he should not come out this way. we'll see I suppose.

homeschool.gifmama to two boys 10 & 8vbac.gif

#34 of 36 Old 09-13-2005, 08:26 PM

I am a firm believer that some mamas are meant to cook their babies longer than "the norm." I am one of those women. I had the c/s with my first because my water broke at 38 weeks and no labor followed, even after four days of a Pitocin drip (you read that right). Clearly she wasn't meant to be born yet.

My next two children, I went 16 days and 14 days past my due dates, respectively. I had my OBs pulling their hair out, but that's life. No wonder most of them seem to prefer ERCS.

Good luck to you. Try not to stress.
#35 of 36 Old 09-14-2005, 11:41 AM

Hoping since we have not heard from you that you are in labor or have your sweet VBAC baby safely in your arms now!!
#36 of 36 Old 09-15-2005, 05:25 PM

Pitocin doesn't work unless you're ready to go into labor.
Pitocin isn't so bad, I made it 25 hours without pain med until a c-section resulted. This next time THOUGH I'm going the evening primrose route. You can swallow it and apply it to your cervix. Think of it as miracle grow for flowers. Ripen that cervix....it's your best chance. Trusting yourself is the most important, though. I also heard of a homeopathic rememdy to reduce the fear so you can get on with it. Try and relax.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page