Britney Spears had her baby... ELECTIVE C/S - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 136 Old 09-14-2005, 07:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Britney had her baby boy today by primary elective c/s. Supposedly she didn't want to deal with the pain of a natural childbirth. Like a c/s feels great?!?! I'm willing to bet she had a tummy tuck or something at the same time. What kind of message is she sending to all the little girls that look up to her? (Which in and of itself is unfortunate....)

#2 of 136 Old 09-14-2005, 07:25 PM

so sad
#3 of 136 Old 09-14-2005, 07:26 PM

#4 of 136 Old 09-14-2005, 07:36 PM

Yeah...she had one scheduled for the 23rd but I guess went into labor early. I really wish she would have just TRIED to birth him vaginally :
#5 of 136 Old 09-14-2005, 08:48 PM

I'm so tired of this trend in elective c/s. Why do people think a c/s is the easy way out????

Proud mommy 9/2004 ribboncesarean.gif , 11/2007 vbac.gif, 2/2011 ribboncesarean.gif
ICAN of New Jersey --> find 2010 NJ hospital birth stats here!

#6 of 136 Old 09-14-2005, 08:57 PM

omg Britney Spears....

Who the hell cares?
#7 of 136 Old 09-14-2005, 08:58 PM

oops, that was mean.

Sorry, I apologize.
#8 of 136 Old 09-14-2005, 09:04 PM

To be expected I think...
#9 of 136 Old 09-14-2005, 09:12 PM

Crashing the forum...

Why do people think that roughly 24 hours of pain (with rests--that's the beauty of the contraction) is somehow SO MUCH WORSE than six weeks of recovery from major abdominal surgery??? It defies logic.
#10 of 136 Old 09-14-2005, 09:15 PM

hehe I just came here to post this on the Birth&Beyond forum because we had a big discussion there about it. As soon as I hit post I saw that there was a post in this forum about it too. Now back to lurking here

Namaste, Tara
mama to Doodle (7), Butterfly (2), and Rythm (due at home 1/06)
#11 of 136 Old 09-14-2005, 10:28 PM

That is really nauseating, isn't it?
#12 of 136 Old 09-14-2005, 11:00 PM

It really makes me sick--I know a mama who is a L&D nurse in Alabama who said that it's not just the rich and famous who are having it done--apparently the powers that be at their hospital have okayed it for any woman, claiming that it's no more risky than a vaginal birth.

It's pretty disturbing to me that vanity and her own distorted views how pain-free the c-sec would be were more important than her son's safety. Despite tearing and major hemi's when each of my daughters were born, I felt WONDERFUL compared to how I felt after my son's birth by c-section. This "too posh to push" mentality is disturbing to say the least.
#13 of 136 Old 09-15-2005, 09:39 AM

Didn't her mom tell her that vaginal deliveries are the most excruciating pain ever? If that is the message she has been recieving since she was a child, than I don't blame her, especially if she doesn't have intelligent mommy friends who can show her other viewpoints!

My mother did the same thing to me and after I had my cesarean with my 1st and would talk about how much it hurt, female relatives would say "just be glad you didn't have a natural birth."

It is sad that this is what she chose, but sometimes, a bad decision can be the best thing that happens to a person, right? I know it was for me.
#14 of 136 Old 09-15-2005, 10:58 AM

The whole birth scene is disturbing. It has been disturbing since it started becoming common to go to the hospital. Its not all that long ago that they just knocked you out and used forceps. I saw a primary elective c/s on baby story. The woman was all into being stylish before and during pregnancy. I was thinking how stylish my scar is...

Everyone practically is under the impression that its just too painful. My dh co workers said that we wouldn't have another at home after I saw how painful it is. After we had dd the guy asked how it went and dh said that I would never do it any other way. The guy was shocked. Its sad that you are seen as a martyr to have med free birth....
#15 of 136 Old 09-15-2005, 11:00 AM

ANOTHER one of these threads?
#16 of 136 Old 09-15-2005, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCVeg
Crashing the forum...

Why do people think that roughly 24 hours of pain (with rests--that's the beauty of the contraction) is somehow SO MUCH WORSE than six weeks of recovery from major abdominal surgery??? It defies logic.

Nice job by her mother, too, putting the fear of God into her about labor.
#17 of 136 Old 09-15-2005, 11:49 AM

gee, it's so surprising that the natural birth movement and nfl/ap movements remain such a fringe element. What new mom wouldn't want to join such a warm, supportive, gentle community?

boy is my c&p getting alot of use lately.....
#18 of 136 Old 09-15-2005, 12:02 PM

some smilies say it all

natural birthin', baby catchin', cloth addicted, intactalactavist mama of 12/00, 6/03, 10/07, 8/10 & our angelcubs three
#19 of 136 Old 09-15-2005, 12:04 PM

You think this is bad, you should see what they are doing to her at a sports board I frequent that is (probably obviously) 99 percent male.

She is a celebrity. It goes with the territory, especially when you made your pregnancy such a public event.
#20 of 136 Old 09-15-2005, 12:31 PM

Hi

I was wondering if anyone was going to post up on britney having a caesarean. I had one with my last and i really didnt want to have one. I have been through childbirth with my first and although it was the most painful experience i think i will ever go through thats the way babys are intended to come in to the world. I had a c section for a breech baby and now im pregnant again i am hoping for a hvbac. I bet the only reason she had a caesaraen was so she could have a tummy tuck at the same time, i bet all the famous people do. I think she is a very sad person to want to have a caesarean for no medical reason, it sounds to me that she wanted to have a baby but didnt want the pain. Having a caesarean isnt pain free far from it and it takes so much longer to recover. People like her just make me MAD.
#21 of 136 Old 09-15-2005, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchymomof2
I was thinking how stylish my scar is...
No need to roll your eyes. The way things are going, our scars probably are stylish. Of course, I don't care about being in style, and never have, so that's not much consolation for three unwanted surgeries.

I wish midwives here would attend a VBA3C. But, I've looked into it already, and they won't. Their guidelines only allow them to attend VBAC - once two or more cesareans have been done, the woman has to see an OB. Of course, I may not be having any more, anyway...

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

#22 of 136 Old 09-15-2005, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama ganoush
gee, it's so surprising that the natural birth movement and nfl/ap movements remain such a fringe element. What new mom wouldn't want to join such a warm, supportive, gentle community?

boy is my c&p getting alot of use lately.....
no joking.
#23 of 136 Old 09-15-2005, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama ganoush
You mean, as opposed to the mainstream..the "community" that says I cheat because I've been bullied into c-sections and had one done against my will...the "community" that calls me an obsessed fruitloop because I wanted a VBA2C...the "community" that tells me how lucky I am to have been cut open three times when I didn't want to be?

Yeah - the nfl/ap movement - at least as far as I can tell from these forums - is tremendously warm, supportive and gentle. People are only human, and watching women choose primary elective sections for non-medical reasons is frustrating when you're trying to convince your friends, family and caregivers that c-sections are not the easy, convenient option...

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

#24 of 136 Old 09-15-2005, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Bride
You mean, as opposed to the mainstream..the "community" that says I cheat because I've been bullied into c-sections and had one done against my will...the "community" that calls me an obsessed fruitloop because I wanted a VBA2C...the "community" that tells me how lucky I am to have been cut open three times when I didn't want to be?

Yeah - the nfl/ap movement - at least as far as I can tell from these forums - is tremendously warm, supportive and gentle. People are only human, and watching women choose primary elective sections for non-medical reasons is frustrating when you're trying to convince your friends, family and caregivers that c-sections are not the easy, convenient option...
Those of us who have attempted a VBAC know you are 100 percent correct.
#25 of 136 Old 09-15-2005, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Bride
No need to roll your eyes. The way things are going, our scars probably are stylish. Of course, I don't care about being in style, and never have, so that's not much consolation for three unwanted surgeries.

I wish midwives here would attend a VBA3C. But, I've looked into it already, and they won't. Their guidelines only allow them to attend VBAC - once two or more cesareans have been done, the woman has to see an OB. Of course, I may not be having any more, anyway...
Does Gloria Lemay still attend births in BC? I think she might do a VBA3C. I know two women who have done it, but I think unassisted.
#26 of 136 Old 09-15-2005, 02:05 PM

Well, the too posh to push thing is annoying (esp when you know they get tummy tucks and the rest of us who really didn't want surgery and often got it unnecessarily just have the fat pushed back any which way, forming the lovely "shelf" we all know and love). I mean, I'm okay with women choosing primary c/s if they are truly informed-- I don't want anyone taking away my right to HBAC, so I won't say they can't do primary c/s. It just is annoying that it's so public and becoming increasingly the norm. On the other hand, some stars have set different examples, notably Kate Winslet, who is very vocal about how VBAC changed her life, and I think Gwyneth Paltrow and some other stars and models have had natural births. Pamela ANderson I've heard even had some of hers at home. Go figure.
#27 of 136 Old 09-15-2005, 02:07 PM

Baby number four is still a hypothetical - dh doesn't want anymore, but we've agreed to discuss it again a few months down the road. He knows he may change his mind when my fitness level has improved (Evan's only 7 weeks old) and we've adjusted to the newborn upheaval...

I don't know. I'll see if I can find anything on the name. I'm afraid I'm too chicken for an unassisted birth. I'd be afraid I wouldn't realize if something did go wrong...I'm the one who was too oblivious to even realize that my baby had turned breech during labour - despite the constant back pain and the big lump beside my belly button that should have been recognizable as a head.

#28 of 136 Old 09-15-2005, 02:31 PM

Whatis "c&p"? Saw a couple people use it.

StormBride: Have you consdiered trekking to The Farm? Last I knew they would attend VBA3Cs

Namaste, Tara
mama to Doodle (7), Butterfly (2), and Rythm (due at home 1/06)
#29 of 136 Old 09-15-2005, 02:31 PM

Lets not forget that the "Pain" of c-section recovery will probably be verrrrry minimal for a mega-rich celebrity who will have every available drug and helper and luxury avaiable to her, 24/7.

My pain, which lasted MONTHS, was very much based in the being alone to care for a 3 y/o and newborn, nursing, sleep deprivation, infected scar but too hurt to imagine taking the crew in to the doctor, couldnt take pain meds cuz of nursing, having to clean, cook, etc etc etcte c

Now, i dont know if Britney plans to nurse although i DOUBT it, but if i had that c-section, got to completely sleep, get massges, get wonderful care physically and emotionally, incredible food, not have to take care of my baby or any other kids, then maybe yeah i can see why vaginal would "hurt more" but it is still REDICULOUS and she is lucky nothing went wrong.

Elective c-sections should be preposterous and illegal.
#30 of 136 Old 09-15-2005, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaTaraX
Whatis "c&p"?
"Cut and Paste." Not unlike a c/s!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page