Reason for First Csection.. - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 96 Old 10-04-2006, 04:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My first was in a tranverse lie the whole pregnancy despite 2 attempts at ECV, swimming and laying on the plank.
I wish I would have known about other options I could have tried to turn her, like chiropractic and accupuncture.
I'm 32 wks pregnant with #2 and planning an HBAC. This one was transverse for a long time too and one OB told me it must be "maternal", meaning something that MY body was doing that make my babies favor transverse lies.
Well, after a few weeks of regular visits to a chiro, my baby is head down!
#62 of 96 Old 10-05-2006, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luchita View Post
My first was in a tranverse lie the whole pregnancy despite 2 attempts at ECV, swimming and laying on the plank.
I wish I would have known about other options I could have tried to turn her, like chiropractic and accupuncture.
I'm 32 wks pregnant with #2 and planning an HBAC. This one was transverse for a long time too and one OB told me it must be "maternal", meaning something that MY body was doing that make my babies favor transverse lies.
Well, after a few weeks of regular visits to a chiro, my baby is head down!
thats awesome luchita! i was just talking to a pregnant mama today about her babies being in that position and she talked about Chiro care.

I subbed to this thread because I hope for a HBAC in the next few years,,,mine was for a footling breech.

blessings~

dust.gif
#63 of 96 Old 10-05-2006, 10:50 PM

Thank you Mystic mama!
Yes, it was very satisfying to learn the baby was no longer transverse, even though the OB had labeled it "maternal fault" (or whatever he said). Sounded so crude, to me. After the baby turned, I really wanted to call him up and go "HA!!! In your face!"!! LOL!
Chiro has a really high success rate for turning babies...I can't remember what exactly, but I believe it's somewhere around 85%. I only wish I would have done it the first time.
Many positive HBAC vibes your way!
luchita
#64 of 96 Old 10-05-2006, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luchita View Post
Thank you Mystic mama!
Yes, it was very satisfying to learn the baby was no longer transverse, even though the OB had labeled it "maternal fault" (or whatever he said). Sounded so crude, to me. After the baby turned, I really wanted to call him up and go "HA!!! In your face!"!! LOL!
Chiro has a really high success rate for turning babies...I can't remember what exactly, but I believe it's somewhere around 85%. I only wish I would have done it the first time.
Many positive HBAC vibes your way!
luchita
geez, totally blaming the mama,,sounds like failure to progress,,,not very empowering terms.

wished I had known about that my first time also! the day before I went into labor the DR checked me (for 2 seconds) and said she was head down which she definitely was not.

blessings on your birth~~

dust.gif
#65 of 96 Old 10-05-2006, 11:22 PM

My c/s was due to frank breech and very low fluid. I can't tell my story right now, it is too hurtful and fresh for me, but I wanted to recommend the book "Silent Knife". It will help calm your fears!
#66 of 96 Old 10-07-2006, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaginabean View Post
My c/s was due to frank breech and very low fluid. I can't tell my story right now, it is too hurtful and fresh for me, but I wanted to recommend the book "Silent Knife". It will help calm your fears!

's and blessings~~~~~

dust.gif
#67 of 96 Old 10-15-2006, 07:15 AM

my cesarean was due to the doctor's "failure to be a decent human bei.... er i mean "failure to wait"...
its painfully obvious that sandrel was posterior and it was fairly easy for me to find the info stating that often with posterior babies labor is loooooong and slow progressing... it took me 27 hours to get to 6cm then i was cut.
youd think the back labor would be a clue she was posterior.
labor started with my water breaking so i was immediately put on the clock.

with my second i planned vaginal birth because, well its is the default.
all the research backs up vaginal birth, there are limited reasons to even have a cesarean and i think that cbac should only be considered in those rare situations. most "reasons" are just bs.

liesl was born after over 38 hours of back labor(i was asleep through a few hours), she was posterior and breech well into active labor. she came out "the right way" so far as i know though since no one said anything. i pushed for only a few minutes and it didnt really hurt. its all mind over matter and trusting the process instead of feeding fear. between contractions near the end i actually said "it doesnt hurt *that* bad, i could see myself doing this again soon" dp wasnt amused
i know pain seems to be a big part of vbac fear.

the ican list is really helpful for vbac research.

Mother to Sandrel(oct 2003) and Liesl(mar 2006) and someone new coming February 2013

#68 of 96 Old 10-15-2006, 10:24 AM

I was induced at 37 weeks with my twins when my BP started to climb a bit and the swelling in my legs got bad. I wasn't ready, so after 3 days when the swelling became pitting edema in my HIPS, I had a C-section. Both babies had been vertex.
I have chosen a VBAC for this pregnancy because I feel it's far safer for me and my baby, and I want to avoid the awful C-section recovery I had as well as a NICU stay (both had breathing issue related to the section and my daughter had an infection related to the OB trying 3 times to sweep membranes).

Christine, mama to Daniel & Abby, 9 and Patrick, 4. Wife to a rockin' train engineer. Gluten and nightshade-free. Multiple kiddie food sensitivities.

#69 of 96 Old 10-22-2006, 02:59 AM

I had a failed induction at 37 weeks due to severe pre-eclampsia. After laboring for 27 hours they declared fetal distress. It was horrible :
#70 of 96 Old 10-22-2006, 03:14 AM

I had a scheduled c-section due to my son's birth defects. He has a joint abnormality and his legs were stuck in a crossed position. (If you put your hands on your shoulders and pretend they are legs and your elbows are knees, you'll get an idea of what they looked like ) Also, when I started having contractions at 32 weeks, his heart rate was going way down so we didn't want to risk that happening again.

I'm not PG but we will probably start TTC at the beginning of the year. I *really* want to attempt a VBAC. The main thing for me is just going home earlier. I'm afraid of birthing at home because of my history but I don't really want to spend 5 days in the hospital again. :

Carly [29] + DH [27] + DS [9]

TTC my second and his first!

#71 of 96 Old 10-24-2006, 10:41 AM

first off, it's completely normal to be scared of a vbac. it's like a brand new pregnancy but with the knowledge of what "could" happen. i know i was scared...but once labor started, i didn't really think of anything other than the babe. i wasn't scared of rupture, i wasn't scared of a c/s (although i was told that if i didn't progress, according to hospital policy, i would need one, and even that didn't break my concentration...just gave me a jumpstart, lol!).

my reason for the first was the Matthew actually kicked a hole in my bag of waters as he decided to turn frank breech on me : that's not something that happens often, but the doc didn't want to try to turn him. her reason: i'd lost too much water, which is b. s. becuase your body keeps making the amniotic fluid, but i was unaware.

anyhow, we had a vbac with midwives in a hospital. what they look for is the type of incision and what the reason was for the c/s. obviously, my reason wasn't going to affect the vbac (ie. wasn't likely to happen again) so it was ok.

keep in mind that when some docs put down that the baby was too big, this also can be bull. my first was 7' 14" at 2 weeks early, my second was 8' 10'. if we had been at the first hospital (where i had the c/s) i wouldn've had another c/s, i know it. at that hospital, a vbac has to stay on her back with an internal fetal monitor. the only way that Gabriel fit through my pelvis was squatting on a birth stool. when i was on my back pushing he wouldn't budge, and actually started going back up inside.

i figured i'd add that because alot of moms say that the baby was too big, but then go on to say that they were pushing on their back for 1, 2, more hours, but that the doc was also telling them to push. some mommas take a break at 10cm to get strentgh back before getting the urge to push, so for these mommas, that was a disaster from the start. if the momma is tired, there's no way that she'll be able to push the babe out.

anyhow, i'm also a doula, and very well-read about vbacs for obvious personal reasons, lol. so give a pm if you need to!

~Dev.
#72 of 96 Old 10-24-2006, 02:44 PM

My first c-section was completely medically nesecary and i am glad that we have such technology to save lives when it is needed. I was pregnant with quadruplets, I had premature rupture of membranes. THey weren't sure how many sacs burst but there was as TON of fluid. I was only 29 weeks and it was too dangerous for the babies to even attempt a vaginal birth. 4 cords, 4 placentas trying to detach, 4 babies fighting to get out, no contractions and severely premature. It could have meant death to one or more of the babies. So I am VERY VERY happy I had that opportunity.

With that said, my second there was no medical reason at all. Nothing was wrong, the only problem was our lack of wanting to wait. My third was because I had the second. Now I am running into walls trying to even consider a vbac. I am so glad I had that first, but the next two were ridiculous.
#73 of 96 Old 10-24-2006, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lkg4dmcrc View Post
Mine was after 62 hours of excruciating back labor with no meds and a baby who no longer tolerated labor a.k.a. fetal distress. He was posterior when they pulled him out and acynclitic (head titled to the side). I plan the next to be a vbac and will work hard so that the next is in the optimal position for birth.
My babe was also not in optimal birth position, and after many hours of back labor, a c-section was suggested, as I was running a fever. Babe was in no distress, but frankly, I just had no energy left & my cervix was stuck at 9.5 and my baby was stuck with her forhead presenting, just out of reach.

ANYHOW... just wondering if you could elaborate on what you mean by working hard so the next is in optimal position...

how can you effect your baby's position?

Thanks so much!

Tweet me: @kellynaturally Working Mom to 2 Montessori-schooled kids. We're a vegetarian family! I blog at kellynaturally.com <--link in my profile!

#74 of 96 Old 10-25-2006, 05:11 PM

First c/s (first baby):
The operative report lists "deep transverse arrest" = FTP; "choriamnionitis" and "fetal tachycardia" = fever with high baby heartbeat, whether or not it was an actual infection; "fetal macrosomia" = ds was 8lb 14oz...among other things. Ds was also ROT, though we did reach 7cm dilation and -1 station, in 25 hours of labor. In retrospect, I also believe that because I had some issues with edema in the last 10 weeks of pg, and two rather high bp readings, my midwives (at an independent birth center) were treating me as if I had pre-e, even though my urine protein and liver screens were normal and my bp during labor was great.

It was the fever that got everyone excited at the very end, standing around the bed in a circle..."baby's in trouble, now's the time, we have to do a c/s, don't you agree?" which became "mother decided on an elective c/s" in the operative report.

My incision was low transverse, repaired in layers. I was very upset about the c/s from the start (I had been a doula and very gung-ho about natural birth). My births will be 32 months apart, and we're planning an HBAC.

I too will be working hard to have this baby in the optimal position (LOA/OA). Check out http://www.spinningbabies.com/ for lots of great positioning ideas.
#75 of 96 Old 10-25-2006, 05:37 PM

Hi.
My first delivery was a C/S at 28 wks due to severe Preeclamsia/HELLP syndrome.
We made the best of it, He came home at 3 months old, we BF for 15 months, and are still cosleeping.
Now I'm at 37 weeks with #2, hoping for a VBAC.
So glad to have found this board!
Thanks for all your input,

-sabriel
#76 of 96 Old 12-02-2006, 07:15 AM

My c-section was recent. I was 43 weeks, water had been broken for about 3days, no dilation, baby was asynclitic so transported to the hospital after a failed UC and about 36 hours of labor. They tried to augment my labor but my dd didn't tolerate it and her heart tones crashed and so they did an emergency cesarean. I feel on a deep level that my cesarean was for good reasons and that my labor didn't progress at home for who knows why to protect dd and me from a possible bad outcome. I would've loved to have a home UC but it just didn't work out. We will definitely be going for a UC HBAC if I decide to have another baby some day.
#77 of 96 Old 12-02-2006, 02:54 PM

Well...dd was a 14 days past dates, my water broke on it's own about 12 hours before contractions began, I had prodromal labor for about 32 hours (and was unable to keep anything down during that time...I was throwing up EVERYTHING), and I got "stuck" at 7cm for 19 hours.

My family practice doctor was wonderful, my doula was great (to a point, but that's a different story), the hospital I was at VERY mama/baby friendly. I was in and out of the birth pool, on and off the ball, squatting and moving and dancing and really doing everything we could think of to move things along.

Eventually I asked for pain med (they hoped that a spinal would allow the muscles to relax a bit and the babe to move into a better position, as well as letting me nap a bit since I was essentially passing out between contractions) and they really wanted to get more fluids into me what with the leaking waters and the throwing up. But even with the spinal and a test run of pitocin I was still at 7cm three hours later. So I had an "elective cesarean" (bleh..."elective". yeah right).

When dd was pulled out it became apparent that her head was completely twisted to the side (so the presenting bit was the space just above her ear) and as a result she had been putting uneven pressure on the cervix, essentially stopping dilation. Other than that though she was fine at 9lbs 5oz of adorable baby girl. DH went with her during my suturing, and she was brought to me in recovery (along with a LC to help with the nursing)...so she was nursing within an hour and never left my side after that.

We have a new doctor for this babe (family practice dr in my area can't take vbac mamas) and will be using the same hospital. Everyone has been wonderfully vbac supportive and I can't wait!

To a pp who asked about positioning...there is actually a lot you can do to affect your babe's position in the womb! And I'm doing all of it

Check out websites like SpinningBabies (there are links in the VBAC forum stickies), and look into chiropractic and acupunture treatments designed to assist in optimal fetal positioning. There are lots of things to try, and some of them even "score" well in scientifically controlled research studies. Meaning that insurance companies will sometimes pay for the treatments (my plan covers chiropractic treatments for pregnancy positioning).

Good luck mamas all!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#78 of 96 Old 12-02-2006, 08:32 PM

In short, my second pregnancy ended in a c/s for completely necessary reasons. I made it to a 10 and was pushing, but his heart tones kept dropping and he wouldn't descend at all. My midwives called in the backup OB and he tried everything he could think of to allow me a vaginal birth (they actually call this OB a closet midwife). Despite all our efforts, we decided on a c/s because my son just would not descend and I just felt something wasn't right when I was pushing. We found out during the c/s that he had a short cord around his neck 3 times. So I don't have any bad feelings about my c/s (at least not in regards to WHY I had it. You can see my c/s story here for things that the staff did that make me angry even now)

The reasons I am going for a VBAC this time around is that 1) I know I can do it because my first one was a vaginal birth, 2) I hated my c/s recovery and wouldn't imagine doing that again by choice!, and 3) This is my last pregnancy and I want to labor and birth on MY terms.

I am 38 weeks today and am soooo hoping to post a successful VBAC story here soon!
#79 of 96 Old 12-03-2006, 04:24 AM

Here's the short version:
My c/s was for "failure to progress" after 22 hours of labor from water breaking to c/s which in my case meant "doctor impatience mixed with "classic cascade of interventions"

Here's the long version:
I went in way too early also but I went in because my water had broken and they told me to come in. I was at a 1 and never got past a 3. My water broke in the middle of night, and I had not eaten since the night before. I was not permitted to eat or drink anything ( I had to beg for ice chips) so of course my blood sugar was out of whack, and I was exhausted. ( by the end of my labor it had been about 30+ hours since I had eaten anything). After learning I was still at a 3 after 14 hours or so, I tearfully consented to an epidural. I had wanted so badly to have a natural labor. But the nurses had given me pitocin against my consent and the contractions were horribly painful. I continued to labor but never got past a 3. Many times a csection was brought up, and finally I broke down and consented. Not one nurse encouraged me, told me I could do it, or had me change positions, nothing. There must have been 3 or 4 shift changes so right when I was used to one nurse another would come in. I went in thinking my body would do exactly what it was supposed to do, and I came out defeated. I was not permitted to touch or hold my baby right away, despite the fact that he was completely healthy, apgar of 9. did not hold for 2 or so hours after, despite my protests and repeated requests to see my baby. "You'll see your baby when you are ready and your body recovers" is what the nurse said. Eye ointment was administered against my wishes. My birth plan might as well have been toilet paper.

I am planning a HBAC so I don't have to fight to get my basic needs met (food, water, comfort, support)

If I have to be transferred to be a hospital this time I now know what truly is neccessary and what isn't. My midwife will also become my doula so when I can't think clearly I will have someone advocating for me this time.

Mama to my spirited J, and L, my homebirth: baby especially DTaP, MMR (family vax injuries)
#80 of 96 Old 12-03-2006, 10:07 PM

Mine was labeled "failure to progress". I was stuck at 7 cm after about 30 hrs. of labor, most of which I spent being pumped full of pitocin. My son was almost 10 lbs., so we assume my body knew he wasn't coming out the old-fashioned way and just gave up. I'm 18 weeks pregnant now (26 months after his birth) and refuse to schedule a c-section, which has been suggested. I'm not set on a VBAC, but I'd like to try and I have to go into labor on my own, if at all possible. It's strange really, I'm not too concerned with how the baby comes out, but I won't tell it when it's ready. But then I'm weird.
#81 of 96 Old 12-03-2006, 11:51 PM

My c/s was for posterior positioning. I labored for 56 hours, over 3 of which hours were pushing. I tried all kinds of repositioning and stuff to get him to turn, and when I was at 10 cm the midwife reached in and tried turning him manually, to no avail. Sadly, the OB on call wouldn't even try a vacuum-assisted delivery, so, exhausted, I agreed to the section.

I had a VBAC with my second. It was a long labor too -- 38 hours, but at least the baby used the exit nature provides. :-p

Nealy
Mama to Thales, 12/9/02, and Lydia, 2/26/06
#82 of 96 Old 12-05-2006, 12:07 AM

My ds was a week late. A few days before he was born he was estimated to weigh 8lbs 6oz, so the doctor scheduled an induction for Tuesday 9/28/04 at 6 a.m. However, I went into labor on my own at 2 a.m that morning. Looking back on it, it is obvious ds was posterior, but at the time I didn't really know why I was having extreme backpain and feeling no contractions in the front. I wanted to labor at home before going to the hospital, so I soaked in the tub for awhile and walked a bit. Then we headed to the hospital. I wanted to go drug free as long as possible, but the nurses/doctor made me get in the bed and hooked me up to a monitor. I was in so much pain (all in my back) that I agreed to an epidural. After my epidural I dilated fully and pushed for three hours. It was then that I was told ds was posterior and they tried to use the vaccum. After an hour of pushing with the vaccum he still wouldn't come, so I was given a c-section.

I also knew right away that I wanted a VBAC with my next child. I didn't feel like I had really given birth, KWIM? Right now we are planning on ttc in late 2007/early 2008, so I've been trying to find a midwife. I'm hoping for a hospital waterbirth and have found a midwife who does them in Indianapolis. I plan on meeting with her soon.
#83 of 96 Old 12-05-2006, 01:27 AM

My c-section (it still feels so weird to type that phrase!) was elective, at 37w3d, for a variety of reasons. There were some concerns about DD's growth at our 32wk appointment with the midwives, and they also thought she was breech, so we were referred out for an ultrasound. The perinatologist that I saw the next day recorded slightly-smaller-than-average size and low fluid (my AFI was 7). They also told us that the baby was definitely breech, and a girl.

I was told to take it easier, eat a high-protein diet, and drink lots and lots of fluid, and come back over the next two weeks for another ultrasound and then a biophysical profile, with NSTs at the midwives' office in between. I kept doing daily kick counts (DD was almost constantly active in utero; it never took me more than 9 minutes to register 10 separate movements). We commenced doing everything we could figure out to get her to turn--acupuncture, moxibustion, chiropractic work, pelvic inclines, deep water immersion and headstands. We used a flashlight, DH's voice, music. She stayed stubbornly breech throughout.

The fluid levels refused to come up, no matter what I did. At the end of my pregnancy I was drinking 1.5-2 gallons of water every day, and eating around 125g of protein every day (I kept a food diary and counted every gram). All I did was eat, drink and pee (and make various attempts to turn DD). The docs refused to entertain any options other than c-section for a breech baby, and no one was willing to attempt a version because of the low fluid levels. My midwives, who are wonderful and believe in breech homebirth, recommend that I not attempt a homebirth with THIS baby because of the other health concerns. We talked about fleeing to The Farm or finding a midwife in the area who would work with us, if I could make it past the 37-week mark. I was talked into steroid injections to mature DD's lungs "just in case". The weekly visits became twice-weekly, then every other day. At the very end, right at 37 weeks, one of the NSTs was less-than-spectacular, and the next day's ultrasound showed an AFI of 2. They scheduled surgery for the next morning, and I had a very frank discussion with the doctor who would be doing the surgery about double-layer suturing with dissolving stitches.

DD was born at 5.5lbs, 19". She had no breathing problems and never had to be separated from me throughout our hospital stay. She was (and still is) a healthy, skinny baby. Pathology on the placenta came back just fine; although DD was 6th percentile for weight, her placenta was 75th. The doctors and midwives have no idea why we had the issues that we did.

HBAC next time, definitely. I am still reeling emotionally from DD's birth; not only the loss of the homebirth I had planned, but the experience of labor itself. I hope that giving birth to my next child will help heal the wound left by DD's birth. Like Meg, I do not feel like I gave birth.
#84 of 96 Old 12-06-2006, 03:17 PM

My section (8th baby, after 7 vaginal births, incl. one vaginal breech) was due to severe decels that developed after a successful external version. It was an uncomplicated surgery, and I healed quickly afterwards, but it felt to me like surgery, not like birth. I know women who feel that their c-sections were truly about giving birth to their babies, but for me, it was simply not.

The most frustrating aspect of the whole experience was that just a few years earlier, the version itself wouldn't even have been necessary, as we had a local OB who was comfortable catching vaginal breech babies. Once he retired, though, no one in the medical community would touch a breech other than through a belly incision. A couple of local midwives were willing, but had had little hands-on experience.

Three years after my section, I had a nice vbac in the small, local hospital. It was pretty hands-off, uneventful, and smooth, and it reminded me of why it is so important that women be supported in birth choices.

Joni and kids
#85 of 96 Old 12-06-2006, 05:10 PM

My DD was larger than average, was breech until just about 39 weeks (we tried EVERYTHING to turn... finally the week of the scheduled C, I saw a chiropractor, and voila! Cancelled the C), and didn't turn all the way around... was head-down, but face up, forehead presentation, and not decending. After 31 hours of labor (water had broken naturally), debilitating pain, that wasn't relieved even with an epidural (certainly wasn't in my birth "plan"...but all plans go out the window when nothing is working, and you can't even sit up let alone stand to labor any longer), and several hours of fruitless pushing, my DH, my midwife, my doc, and myself decided a C-section was the best choice for all involved. My midwife tried to reposition the babe with no luck, and my doctor couldn't use the vacuum because my baby's forhead was presenting (you could feel her eyebrows instead of the top of her head).

My baby was never in distress, but I was. I was tired, in pain, had a fever, and couldn't effectively labor... and, just ready to meet and nurse my baby.

I am glad I had a C-section; my babe was born so healthy, scored 9s on the apgar, and I healed really well, and relatively quickly.

The reason I am choosing to try for a VBAC this time is because I know it is best for babies & moms to birth naturally, and I am confident that as long as my baby is positioned well this time, we'll have success. I planned to have a natural birth the first time, but things just don't always go as planned. And they may not again this time, but I'd feel remiss if I just went scheduled C. It wouldn't have been my plan the first time, and since there are no underlying reasons yet to go that way, I'm not scheduling this time either.

Tweet me: @kellynaturally Working Mom to 2 Montessori-schooled kids. We're a vegetarian family! I blog at kellynaturally.com <--link in my profile!

#86 of 96 Old 12-06-2006, 07:05 PM

dd was transverse. tried everything to turn her, didn't work. when they tried to pull her out they figured out why -- cord around her neck and ankle making it impossible for her to. they had to do a j incision to get her out so i will probably have repeat c/s for future kiddos.

Obstruct livery vehicles!

#87 of 96 Old 12-07-2006, 07:03 PM

I was laid in bed given pit a few hours after my water broke, took the offered drugs, non-reassuring heart tones showed up on monitor, (though after I swiched positions the dips in ds's heart rate stopped, this I know now). Any way ppd convinced me to never have any more kids, then when dh was wanting a babe, I started researching vbac, and now we are totally decided on hbac, a few things that really helped me were the ICAN meetings/ White Papers (Look on their website for the white papers on uterine rupture), and Nancy Wainer Cohen's books.
Best wishes!

*¨`*.✫*¨*.¸¸.✶*¨`*.*¨`*.✫*¨*.¸¸.✶*¨`*.*¨`*.✫*¨*.¸¸.✶*¨`*
*¨`*.✫*¨*.¸¸.✶*¨`*.Jasmine Rae Ojala*¨`*.✫*¨*.¸¸.✶*¨`*
  *¨`*.✫*¨*.¸¸.✶*¨`*.*¨`*.✫*¨*.¸¸.✶*¨`*.*¨`*.✫*¨*.¸¸.✶*¨`*
#88 of 96 Old 12-07-2006, 07:06 PM

cord around neck....couldnt reach it to undo it.......heartrate was stressed with each push and not returning to normal....had 2 other sections after. If only I could have gotten up switched positions been educated I think I could have done it.....Still makes me angry.:
#89 of 96 Old 12-10-2006, 09:15 PM

Crash c-section d/t variables. Had a few very little drops. My midwife tried everything. Different positions and an amnio infussion. However when DD hrt droped to 20 you don't keep trying at that point. At that point I had a emergency c-section. She had a crown cord. Cord around her head like a crown and as she moved down it compressed. I had made it to 8cm with no pain meds Of course I was very disapointed to have had the section. It is something I grieved about for a long time. However the most important thing is a healthy baby. You do what you have to do to get that healthy baby.
#90 of 96 Old 12-10-2006, 10:07 PM

Mine was long back labor, exhaustion, hospital procedure..
This time I am staying out of the hospital!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page