Adhesions & VBAC - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-12-2003, 01:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok...another question regarding my adhesion/scar tissue. Dh and I are currently ttc, but as I mentioned in another thread, I have an adhesion on the right side of my c-section scar that is uncomfortable (and actually painful during ovulation and menstruation). Anyway, my question is: could this adhesion interfere with VBAC? Do you think it could make VBAC more dangerous?

This is something I will ask our midwife once we actually conceive. But in the meantime, if anyone has any insight on this, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

faeriemom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2003, 11:17 AM

I don't think so. Have you checked out that website I gave you on that other post?

Here's what happened to my adhesions just a couple weeks ago (right before my belly got big and I started looking pregnant, I tend to show early)... I felt the (very familiar for me) pulling/tearing adhesion pain and it was excruciating, had me doubled over and in tears. Then it felt like somebody snapped a big rubber band inside my belly, the pain was completely and totally gone and hasn't been back since. I think my adhesions broke (or whatever) and will have no impact whatsoever on my vbac.

I would suggest you find someone who knows how to massage your belly ( http://www.arvigomassage.com/index.html ) to reduce adhesions. I have heard of women whose adhesion pain went completely away when they tried alternative treatments like massage and homeopathic remedies. You can find lots of info on the web. Try looking at endo sites if you aren't having luck elsewhere, since those of us with endo usually have had numerous abdominal surgeries and often get adhesions as a result.
Old 04-23-2003, 12:26 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks! I did go to the adhesions site you mentioned, but didn't see anything specifically about how adhesions might affect pregnancy.

I know what you mean about the feeling of the adhesions being stretched like a rubber band. I practice yoga and have noticed that when I do a lot of back bends, I get that stretchy feeling (and pain) in the spot where I believe my adhesion is. I wish it would snap! It feels like it "wants" to, but hasn't yet. Maybe being pregnant would do it!

I have a great chiropractor who also does accupressure and herbs, and he's recommended abdominal massage. I think I'll get the information from him and check it out.

Thanks for all of your advice on this subject. I'm learning a lot!

faeriemom
Old 05-09-2003, 05:55 AM

I don't know the rest of your story as this is the only thread I have read, but I had a PAINFUL adhesion after my c/sec, yet eventually I remember not even noticing it (after a year or two I'm not really sure) We had a HBAC that went very well...I had no pain or anything weird from my incision scar.
I wish you the best!

User Tag List