pain 8 months after c-section - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 06-05-2003, 03:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I wasn't sure where I should post this thread but this seems to be the best place. I had ds about 8 months ago. I am having pain everytime I pee....STILL! When I pee the closer I get to empting my bladder the more it hurts. This was my 2nd cs and I don't remember this the first time. I have no health insurance for the time being, (DH switched jobs) otherwise I would just go see a dr about this. Does anyone remember experiencing this or hearing that it was normal?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 06-07-2003, 03:37 PM

You really should go see a doctor about that.
Do you have any other odd pain? Does intercourse hurt? Is the pain progressively getting worse?
It sounds a lot like endo to me, but maybe only because I have it and bladder pain is one of my symptoms.
I would be worried that somehow they damaged your bladder during the c-section. Get a copy of your post-op report from the doc who did the c/s. I realize they don't always put everything in there, or give much detail, but it might give you a hint about where to start looking for answers. Plus, if you are going to see a different doc, it helps to bring your records with you so they have them right then to look at.
#3 of 6 Old 06-07-2003, 05:56 PM

I agree with stafl about possibility of damage to your bladder during the c-birth and would be getting it checked out if it were me
#4 of 6 Old 06-14-2003, 03:51 PM

I had pain for a looooong time after my cesarean. I still can feel little twinges of pain on the right edges (where it hurt the most after delivery) on occasion...and have some discomfort when exerting pressure on my bladder (whether because it is very full or because of other reasons).
#5 of 6 Old 06-15-2003, 03:10 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
These posts remind me of a dictum I heard thirty years ago in college -

- that when a doctor delivers a child by caesarean section, he has a patient for life. The woman returns to the surgeon for post-operative problems, birth control, gynecological examinations that only the surgeon will understand, and for the coup d'gras, the hysterectomy. Many women receive an appendectomy at the same time, which affects many women's lifetime digestive conditions.

These post-operative complications are so common that a list of them should be signed off on prenatally during each prenancy

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic."
#6 of 6 Old 06-15-2003, 12:08 PM - Thread Starter

Excellent posts. Thanks. In thirty days I will be covered on insurance again and will see the doctor. Let's hope it's just that I'm still healing. I remember from my birthing classes with ds#1 that certain layers can take 11 months to heal.

I don't know the stats but I do remember that your chances of a hysterectomy go up after a csd. Scary. My mother had one at age 36. She became suicidal after the surgery. I think it was a combo of hormone changes and of course psycological damage as a result. I know some women are just fine with it, but others have a real hard time.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page