People born by cesarian different than vaginally born people? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 48 Old 04-17-2007, 01:09 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pookel View Post
I birthed my son via c-section, and no one had better try to tell me differently. Call your own c-sections what you want, but MINE was a birth.
:

I gave birth. Call yours what you wish... but I call mine a birth. I like to call it belly birth. I love my daughters birth and feel for those who feel theirs were a trauma.
#32 of 48 Old 04-17-2007, 01:18 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AugustineM View Post
And, as far as birth trauma goes, it seems that people born from any less-than-gentle birth (forceps, vacuum, super long pushing phase, etc.) could experience this, not only cesarean births.
Not to mention immediate and long separation from mama . . . circumcision . . . being spanked before having the chance to breathe naturally. . . strong negative emotion from any person in the room . . .
#33 of 48 Old 04-17-2007, 01:22 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I'd like to know how those who associate not liking things around the neck with c-section explain me: born vaginally, but cannot stand even soft turtleneck style shirts. Maybe there are other factors, like not caring to feel choked???

I haven't seen any of the suggested 'old wives tales" about, or that Swedish research, this that cannot most likely be better explained by other factors in the person's life.

Wordy way of saying the very concept is bull feces.

Both of our children were birthed tyvm.

Then there's the factor of what the alternative would be...what does birthing a baby with a broken neck, or tearing the he// out of mom, due to baby's malpositioned head accomplish??

"What will you do once you know?"
#34 of 48 Old 04-17-2007, 01:28 AM

i know i already posted, but i am still thinking about this thread. i have an older half brother, he was born vaginally our mom had no pain killers or anything it was drug free and he was breast fed (i was not and as i said earlier i was a c-section baby)
my older half brother is one of the most violent people i have ever met and i think he is a psychopath

i don't think how we where born has anything to do with how violent we are. not saying how we are born has no effect on us it might, i a certain how i was born left me with some permanent problems with my digestive system, but it certainly didn't effect how violent i or my older half brother turned out

mama to two amazing children son 10/27/07 and daughter 07/07/11

#35 of 48 Old 04-17-2007, 01:37 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
I like to call it belly birth.
Obstetricians like to refer to caesareans as giving birth from "above", which gives the surgical path to being born a celestial air.

Conversely, who would ever want to give birth from "below"?

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic."
#36 of 48 Old 04-17-2007, 01:46 AM

I was born vaginal, my younger brother was born by emergency c-section. I am a mother, he is an Operation: Iraqi Freedom vet. He was much easier as a teenager, I was a much easier younger child. I don't think that our births are the difference in us. I think it is soley because I'm a girl, he's a boy, and even though we are less than 2 years apart, we were raised differently. We are alike in a lot of ways, and for the most part, our morals are the same.
#37 of 48 Old 04-17-2007, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by intorainbowz View Post

I like to call it belly birth.

I like that! I'll have to start using that term from now on.

Normal is just a setting on your dryer.
#38 of 48 Old 04-17-2007, 02:00 AM

darnit, that was probably a UA violation. :

ummm .... interesting thread. yeah.
#39 of 48 Old 04-17-2007, 03:59 AM
Banned

DS is violent, but there are extenuating circumstances from after his brother died. DD1 is mean, but she's two. I think most 2 year olds are mean--she used to be sweet. DD2's too young to tell.

I was born vaginally and I have some anger management issues and hate to be touched. I was born with my cord wrapped around my neck and somehow it compressed and I nearly died. I had to be revived. I guess that probably counts as birth trauma, huh?
#40 of 48 Old 04-17-2007, 04:10 AM

I'm really interested in the question of how a c-section birth could really influence a person. I wish the thread wasn't started with this theory on violence which it seems we nearly all reject As someone born by a c-section, I'd like to know about the possible effects which are relevant. Not that those kinds of things ever apply 100% anyway.
#41 of 48 Old 04-17-2007, 01:56 PM

errr...never mind.

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

#42 of 48 Old 04-17-2007, 02:13 PM

Quote:
I'm really interested in the question of how a c-section birth could really influence a person.
In all honesty, providing there are no birth injuries, I seriously doubt it affects you at all. Not in the long run. Birth is such a minute fraction of a person's life that to believe the circumstances surrounding it will have a lifelong effect on personality simply defies logic.

Sabra: Mama to Bobbie (3/02), Linda (1/04), Esther (10/05), Marie (11/10), & Douglas (11/12)

#43 of 48 Old 04-20-2007, 09:35 PM - Thread Starter

JanetF, I'm interested in references for the gut thing.

Yeah, I thought it sounded too weird to be true, but I just had to ask. Perhaps someone will do a study someday.
#44 of 48 Old 04-20-2007, 10:20 PM

As someone who's had three natural vaginal births (one at a birth center, two at home-one of which was a UC) I can tell you that my oldest is the MOST PROVOKING 9 YR OLD IN EXISTENCE who was extremely high needs as an infant and has grown into quite the leader, my middle is very sociable, outgoing and loving always laughing and following his brother around, and my youngest is the most chilled out baby I've ever seen in my life.

My take, personality is what makes up the child's personality!
#45 of 48 Old 04-21-2007, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphinxie View Post
I'm really interested in the question of how a c-section birth could really influence a person. I wish the thread wasn't started with this theory on violence which it seems we nearly all reject As someone born by a c-section, I'd like to know about the possible effects which are relevant. Not that those kinds of things ever apply 100% anyway.
Very intense emotion, such as anger or fear, can be so overwhelming to a newborn that the baby suppresses it. Emotions that are suppressed rather than processed and released (whatever the age of the person) manifest in other ways. they do not just go away because the trauma is forgotten. Just like it's not uncommon for people who are in a bad car accident, say, to forget what happened, but they might still be terrified to get into a car.

There is new evidence that every emotional state has a molecular component that is stored permanently in the body (throughout, not just in the brain). In any experience in which a part of the experience is suppressed, the molecule is fragmented and free-floating through the body. This could cause physical illness and/or emotional disturbance, such as a tendency to recreate traumatic situations in one's life in order to relive and, one hopes, to change/heal. You might do a search for Candace Pert and neuropeptides.

If you think you are suffering from birth trauma, I'll say that I benefited immensely from Rebirthing. It's a breath technique that is supposed to regress the client to the moment of birth, so that the trauma can be released. I did a quick google and none of the links I found made it look very credible, so I'm not sharing them but truly it changed my life.

The reason I wouldn't connect c/s directly with birth trauma is that there are so many ways we make birth traumatic and terrifying for babies, not to mention moms (who have a deep connection with the baby, who picks up mom's emotions). Dh is convinced that dd would have been more traumatized by a longer labor than she was by her c/s birth. Even so, at 2.5 she says she remembers that day and when I asked her if she was sad, she said very slowly and thoughtfully, "Not sad . . . scared."
#46 of 48 Old 04-21-2007, 03:13 AM

richella, that sounds interesting, and hm, I just had a little lightbulb go off.
#47 of 48 Old 04-21-2007, 11:49 PM

rubbish

Quote:
It sounds like another birthing is SO much more superior to C section route, only instead of using facts lets make them feel bad
:
#48 of 48 Old 04-24-2007, 11:05 PM

My first son was c-sec and is bipolar and has "issues." But I feel this has less to do with a c-sec and more to do with an unhealthy pregnancy, three days of HIGH doses of pitocin, and birth trauma. As well as some other biological factors I assume but will never ever know. How could I be sure?

Almost a b-ball team: : Taylor -14, Alex -11, Jack -8, Lachlan born at home 11/15/07
"Well behaved women rarely make history"

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page