Painful sex after prolonged pushing and catheter - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 07-24-2003, 02:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Before I had the Caesarian two years ago, I pushed for five hours. What happened was that the second nurse we had (we went through two shift changes) checked and told me that I was at ten and could push. I felt a little pushy, so I pushed for two hours until the doctor came. He was attending another birth at a different hospital. He checked and told me that I was NOT fully dilated and should not have been pushing. He held back the last bit of a lip of my cervix and I pushed the baby's head over it. I was pretty tired by this point. Some time later, I suggested using the vacuum to bring her down lower so I could push her out. The doc worked the vacuum cup into me (no episiotomy, the highlight of the day) and brought her lower. I pushed more. She kept going back up. Doc goes off to attend another birth. Change of nurses (third nurse). This nurse suggests using pitocin to enhance my contractions. It is now more than four hours of pushing. We agree to the pit. I can feel that it is working, but I am too exhausted to continue. This nurse also puts in a catheter because I can't pee. I can tell that she's not going to come out this way, so I say we need a C-sec. Our daughter is born surgically after 29 hours of labor. The doc says later that baby was facing sideways, and that's why she kept going back up. I think he's just guessing and has no clue. My theory is that I was too tired.
Okay, so here is my problem and my question. The problem is that after more than two years, sex still hurts. At first, I thought this was because of the prolonged pushing, but I recently realized that the pain is always along my urethra. Maybe the pain is from scar tissue from the catheter and NOT from the prolonged pushing (anymore). I'm going to ask my current ob about this when I see her next week, but I wanted to ask if this has happened to anyone else (pain during sex after either prolonged pushing or having a catheter), and what you did about it. Also, in thinking about this sex pain, I am wondering if giving birth vaginally could make it worse. Or, alternately, make it better. Any ideas on that?
Thanks.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page