Mothering Forum banner

Success in VBACing 15 mos. after csec?

786 views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  PennyS 
#1 ·
We had a c-sec in Dec. '07 and are expecting again in April '09. The difference is 15 months (this is a surprise baby - but we're very happy about him/her!). I'm planning a VBAC with a wonderful OB who says I'll be just fine, but I want to hear about successful VBACs from other moms who did it around 15 mos. after their c-section. What were your fears? How was your VBAC labor and birth different from what you expected? Is there really less of a chance at success b/c of not waiting the 12 or 24 months in between? Thanks for any encouragement!

#2 ·
If it were me, I would just eat the BEST foods and do yoga to help heal. You have a journey ahead, but you can do it!
s

#3 ·
My VBAC was 26 months after my c/s, so it isn't personal experience, but three of my friends had vbac babies 14 and 15 months afterwards. Two were homebirths and VERY fast labors, one was at a hospital with a midwife and it was shorter than her previous labor. None of them had any complications or interventions, totally natural for all three. I know all three of them specifically worried more about the parenting part of expecting again so soon than the labor itself. So, I don't know if that is really helpful at all since I don't have tons of info, but perhaps the knowledge that those three women successfully vaginally birthed their beautiful babies so shortly after their cesareans will give you strength for you journey.

#5 ·
Mine wasn't a successful VBAC, but I tried, went through a good bit of labor, but had a rushy doctor. I still think I could have done it though and that time frame would not worry me at all, mine was 15mnths, and the labor was a lot like my first- very slow. That baby came at 41wks, just like my first also. I wouldn't let the time frame stop me. Sounds like you have a supportive doc, so your that much ahead! Good Luck!!!

#6 ·
Mine were 18 mos apart, but they were almost 17 mos and the DR wasn't concerned at all. My next 2 were 23 mos apart and these 2 are about 27 mos apart.
I didn't really have any worries outside of the thought that my first birth could happen again and it's not what I wanted. I knew that if I had to have another c/s though, it was for real reasons this time and I would be o.k. w/ that. Hugs and best wishes!

#9 ·
My first VBAC was 15 months after my c-section (I had single-layer sutures). My OB had no concerns about the timing and stated that the scar is well-healed within 6 months. I drank alot of RRL to tone my uterus, took prenantal yoga and used my birth ball often. My labor lasted 8.5 hours total with 45 minutes of pushing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.