Join Date: May 2009
Location: Farmville, NC
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
1) We are homeschoolers...what is the homeschooling climate like?
2) There's a major chance that we could have either a brand new baby, or give birth while we are there. What is the breastfeeding and homebirth climate like? What is the out of pocket cost like for hb mw's(we would have to have private insurance, we couldn't get in the social system)? What about doulas? Costs and availability?
3) We are Christians and would love to find a faith community. Is there a good mix of Protestant denominations and churches?
4) I'm a birth doula...what are the odds that I could doula/doula group/hb mw who would let me work backup for them or could help me find clients?
5) What is public transportation like in cities around 50-100k people? Are cities that size compact enough that we could walk most places, or more spread out like US cities.
6) Entertainment options? Odds are we wouldn't be within an hour of a major city like Sydney...do smaller cities have parks/museums/theatres?
7) Do cities in the 50-100k size have fresh markets/farmer's markets/open air produce?
Thanks in advance for your help!
One gorgeous solstice babe 12/08, two smitten mothers - mothering consciously with conscience and compassion. Birth & Postnatal Doula. Student Midwife. Expecting #2 November '12.
|1. I don't homeschool, but I've heard the laws are not restrictive. The government actually pays you the money that would go to a school if you homeschool.|
|27 members and 14,586 guests|
|blessedwithboys , Bow , davidrick , Deborah , emmy526 , hillymum , jamesmorrow , JElaineB , katelove , Katherine73 , kathymuggle , manyhatsmom , Michele123 , Mirzam , moominmamma , MountainMamaGC , mumto1 , philomom , Polina26 , redsally , RollerCoasterMama , scaramouche131 , shantimama , Skippy918 , tracybak , zebra15|
|Most users ever online was 449,755, 06-25-2014 at 12:21 PM.|