Best towns/communities near Brisbane to live with toddler? (Laid back, close to parks/beach, "organic" lifestyle, etc....) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-18-2013, 01:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Moving to Australia from Canada in a few months.  We've never been before.  Hubby will be working in Papua 2 weeks at a time, but needs to be in Brisbane office occasionally.  Baby (18months) and I  want to find a nice, small, beach/country town away from the bustle to rent a house.   I see Sunshine coast and Gold Coast on the map, and everything in between, but have no idea the difference between any of them.  Can anyone recommend a family friendly, "natural living" community full where we could easily meet other moms and babes with similar interests?  Would love to be on the beach, but maybe there are some other little gems off the beaten path?   Thanks in advance.....  :)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2013, 11:34 AM - Thread Starter

Hi, thanks for the reply!  hmm, first time I've heard of Fingal, will have to check it out!  Have you spent time there?   What's it like?  The place we're leaning towards is Byron Bay or more likely hinterland nearby.  Seems like there are lots of like-minded folks there, as well as lots of activities for me and babe.  I don't know, though, having never been there.  It sounds like it could get a bit busy, but seems like a lot of organic, alternative things go on there ?  Any thoughts?

Old 03-04-2013, 09:05 PM - Thread Starter

Right on, thanks for the thumbs up!   It's all coming together...Sounds like that will be our spot!  Whuhoo!!  :)

User Tag List