Help!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 03-02-2014, 02:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have currently been in a new relationship for the last eight months and my bf and I both have daughters mine is eight and his is two!
For the past few weeks my bf and his mother have both expresses concerns about my daughter being that she doesn't listen, no respect for adults and she continually asks when said no also the bf mother thinks she takes over when the two year old is around (once every fortnight) and controls what they play etc. I have my daughter full time and her father is absent from her life! We definitely have a great relationship together however I feel really upset as a parent because it feels like a personal attack on myself as a parent. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks
#2 of 2 Old 03-02-2014, 08:32 PM

Mentioned: 145 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
I have no advice but this sounds like a sticky situation. It's easier when one is not involved as I feel like I would be" hey, I'm doing the best I can" it would be better if you could approach me this way... " " and when I hear this from you and your mother I feel like I am being attacked" also, it's easier for me to say, well, maybe this is indicative of what things would be like if you two were to get married or have children together with his mother being involved etc. But I know it is easier being on this end and I am sorry you are dealing with this.
Someone else may have some good advice here but I think you should copy paste and start a new thread in single parenting or talk amongst ourselves. Here are the links. Look around these forums too as someone may be in a similar situation .
Best
http://www.mothering.com/community/f/234/single-parenting

http://www.mothering.com/community/f/16/talk-amongst-ourselves

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page