Post Partum Healing? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 11-19-2008, 10:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have seen similar threads, but I haven't seen anything exactly the same as what I'm dealing with.

Currently, I'm 13 weeks post partum. I gave birth in a hospital with a doctor that I actually do trust. It was vaginal, drug-free, and quick. After only about 3 hours of labor, I gave birth to a boy who was extremely healthy despite being about 6 weeks premature. I also only had a second degree tear. Should have been alright, right?

Well, I've had problems with soreness. Not unusual, obviously. At my 6-week appointment, the doc said I was healing up fine. In fact, he went ahead and released me to have sex. Due to a bit of rawness, my husband and I put it off until 10 weeks post partum. The first time was painful, to say the least. I wasn't that surprised to be honest.

The second time, about a week later, we tried again. This time, it almost felt like a spot that had been stitched re-opened. I didn't go to the doctor because there was only a little bleeding that went away within 24 hours. I was nauseated for about 48 hours afterward, though.

We tried a third time, again about a week later, and it still felt like that one spot was trying to reopen.

This week, we haven't tried anything again, but I have started spotting a bit, again, from that one spot. The other side is also swollen to at least twice it's normal size for some reason.

My question is, is this normal at all? Is it something I should go to the doctor for? If so, I would start off at the clinic and then move on to the OB if necessary. Money is also an issue when it comes to visiting a doc.

Married to DH since February 2005, mother of selectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gifDS (8/18/2008) and DD in (4/2/2011)!  lactivist.gif familybed2.gif  Expecting stork-suprise.gif February 2013!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page