Seriously...how are your vaginas? - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 105 Old 01-12-2009, 05:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fairydoula View Post
I haven't read the whole thread, but I would recommend that mammas who are unhappy with or have physical problems with their vaginas or surrounding areas, go see a Urologist!!!
I worked for a urologist and his wife for 6 months and learned a bunch about prolapse, rectocele and cystocele and that surgery can correct a LOT of these problems. If you've had bad tears that didn't heal correctly, even if it's just a visual thing, or an actual problem, if you have scarring, tightness, looseness, pain, discomfort, excessive scars... all that stuff can be addressed by a good urologist.
It's SOOO not worth just "accepting" it. If you're unhappy, get help with it!!! There are sites on the internet you can google too, about vaginal rejuvination and repairs...... there is SO much that can be done now, you can be back to normal!!! Check it out!
- Jen
wouldn't it be a gynecologist that deals with that stuff? I didn't know urologists were taught about the yoni.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 of 105 Old 01-12-2009, 05:56 PM

I only read through the first two pages but here's my experience.

I had a second degree tear and some stitches. I had a problem healing and my labia healed together in one spot, so at my 6 week post partum check-up, the OB had to do a procedure where they cut me back open. Ick! That hurt. I also think the OB stitched me too tight because sex was impossible until 5 months post partum. I went to new OB about 7 mo post partum (I had moved to another state when DD was 3 months old) because it was too painful to have sex. They referred me to physical therapy because my scar tissue wasn't stretching enough. I ended up not going because DD was still colicky and I didn't have anyone to babysit her. I decided to just deal with the pain. Eventually sex got less painful, but it was still painful until my period returned around 20 months post partum. By the time DD was 2, sex was awesome again. :

DD will be 3 in 2 months, and I'm pregnant again. I'm so worried about post-baby sex because it hurt for so long, and I really think it took a major toll on my relationship with DH. He was understanding, but I think it gets hard when you really have absolutely no desire to have sex because you know it will hurt like hell.

mama to DD (7), DS (3.5), and another DS arriving in August!

#93 of 105 Old 01-18-2009, 02:35 AM

Glad to see someone else use "vajayjay" I'm really glad to see this thread too...

My vajayjay and I are doing pretty well...I'm almost 6 weeks PP, DS was 6lb 12oz and I had a small first degree tear (no stitches) at the top and a vein that bulged out a bit at the bottom. At my 10 day checkup both had pretty much healed. We DTD (just once so far) and it was actually pretty good, though things were still a bit tender in general.

I still have pain in a weird spot, let me know if anyone else has this or any thoughts about it. It's above my clitoris, the area where there's kind of a ridge that almost feels like a tendon under the skin? I always wondered if that was the top "inside" part of the clit, still have no idea. Anyways. It's tender/sore to the touch (with some pressure), and the weird part is that I'll have pain there a lot of the time when I go from lying down to sitting using my abs (i.e. middle of the night sitting up while holding DS). So strange, and not sure how to explain it to the MW to ask her about it when I go for my next check up!

My butt also still hurts from time to time, though the MW told me I didn't have hemorrhoids or anything.

So, my vajayjay is pretty good , but the immediate surrounding areas still need some work :

Judy treehugger.gif wife to Brandon 7.15.06 -- Mama to Micah Rowan 12.08.08 -- EBF, babywearing, selective/delayed vax (none so far) -- expecting baby #2 in March 2012 and planning a homebirth!

#94 of 105 Old 02-24-2009, 10:45 PM - Thread Starter

hey ladies...wow, I haven't been checking in a while but I love that responses are still coming. I have 2 quick questions...a friend of mine gave birth 10 weeks ago and has been left with a bulging vein near her vagina - anyone else experience this? does it go away? early on, page 1 someone use the word "golf ball" to explain a visual - I'm just wondering if this is similar to the vein my friend describes - any ideas? or perhaps this is scar tissue from a small stitch as mentioned by a few ladies of late...? another girlfriend just had a section and has some residual numbness in her groin area - anyone experience this? she is also wondering how long this might take to go away - or if it will go away and is not getting a straight answer from the ob.

and, lastly, I agree - the term "frankenpussy" almost made me wake up the neighbourhood - too funny!
#95 of 105 Old 02-24-2009, 11:34 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Could the bulging vein possibly be granulated tissue? I just went back again to my ob for 2 spots that were bulgy, smooth, red spots, almost blobby looking. They didn't hurt at all but they were more granulated tissue. In fact my ob was surprised they didn't hurt. He removed them & I'm hoping that I won't get any more regrowth.

Surviving sleep deprivation one day at a time with dd (Oct '11) & ds (Oct '08).

#96 of 105 Old 02-25-2009, 01:02 AM

Just to add my two cents, having had four babies come down the pike. After the first birth, of the twins, I had a lot of stitches, tore in a few different places, and that healing seemed to take quite a while - the longest by far. Next birth was easy peasy, I had a quick episiotomy when he was stuck by the skin and his heartrate nearly stopped, and that tore to a grade 2; the healing was pretty easy and quick but I found that I didn't like how the skin was back together - somewhat tighter than before and in a very sensitive spot - like an overzealous job of stitching. So that skin was irritating. Next delivery, I tore in the same spot as usual, and I had a different OB who did a nicer job of stitching me up - not too tight, just perfect! I guess the third time is the charm. I healed within a week though I don't remember when it was that it went back to active duty. Now that I'm having an unexpected additional little one, I expect to tear in the same spot (I think it's just my anatomy), but I'm a little afraid that I won't get the great sewing job of the last OB (and this is definitely the last one!). This was much better for me than before having babies. I so hope she's the one on call...

So my guess is that slight differences in the stitching (if you had stitching) can affect how things feel.

The other thing I wanted to point out to the first time moms, in case you have forgotten, is that your hormone levels are not the same during those first postpartum months, and if you're nursing that situation may continue. By this I mean dryness, which can make everything in that region more irritating.

And I agree on the urologist angle. I have a friend who is a female urologist (i.e. she serves female patients). I remember complaining about my temporary prolapse and she was so cheerful, "hey, I can fix that!" LOL....
#97 of 105 Old 02-25-2009, 09:36 PM

My first birth I tore awkwardly (only a 1 degree, but at just the wrong place I guess) and sex was almost impossible for about 6 months. I had major issues with peeing after the birth, and actually had to fill my tub a couple inches just so it didn't burn (the little spray bottle thing didn't work nearly as well as the tub). Eventually, the pain completely disappeared and the tighness I felt down there was gone. I was afraid it was going to be bad after #2, but it was so much easier. I still tore, but the recovery was so much better.

Mama to DD (5) DD (3) and DS (2 months)
#98 of 105 Old 02-25-2009, 09:41 PM

I had my baby 16 months ago, and don't feel normal or back to the way I was prior to delivering.

I did have a baby literally stuck for 6 hours there, and had what a PP referred to as a blow out myself (seriously the midwife took one look down there and called it a blow out!) So, I am not so sure I am expecting my stuff to go back to the way it was. It delivered a baby, so it gets a pass.
#99 of 105 Old 02-25-2009, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iris5426 View Post
I still have pain in a weird spot, let me know if anyone else has this or any thoughts about it. It's above my clitoris, the area where there's kind of a ridge that almost feels like a tendon under the skin? I always wondered if that was the top "inside" part of the clit, still have no idea. Anyways. It's tender/sore to the touch (with some pressure), and the weird part is that I'll have pain there a lot of the time when I go from lying down to sitting using my abs (i.e. middle of the night sitting up while holding DS). So strange, and not sure how to explain it to the MW to ask her about it when I go for my next check up!

My butt also still hurts from time to time, though the MW told me I didn't have hemorrhoids or anything.
I had both those pains when I had a systemic yeast infection/thrush. Baby and I both had it, and two rounds of Diflucan did NOTHING, we went on the Specific carbohydrate diet and did some major probiotics, and we were BOTH much happier. It also cured her dairy intolerance, which was causing her to have 'colic.'

My doctor had no explanation for that pain, either, but the fact that both those pains cleared up at the same time my vaginal yeast infection did says to me that the yeast was the problem. Good luck!
#100 of 105 Old 02-25-2009, 11:30 PM

After my daughter was stuck for 2.5 hours of pushing with no progress we had a c-section... After the c-section and no vaginal birth I was dismayed when things weren't quite right down below.. First there was the swelling, I was told from all the pressure of pushing. And sex hurt for the first year, it hurt and even when I managed to make my way through it it took a lot of lube to aid us. Even now the hubby says things look and feel different than they did before I had Becca. I think that things feel tighter now than they did prior to having my daughter and that sometimes makes things uncomfortable.

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#101 of 105 Old 02-26-2009, 12:43 PM
Say

Ah... *big breath*...

I am five weeks pp with my 1st. No tearing, 2 hours of pushing, 1 skid mark. My husband and I DTD 3 1/2 weeks pp. I was surprised that I wanted to and at how good it felt! There is definitely an increase in sensation... I don't know if it's related to bf or no longer being pregnant. However, I am not the same quite yet. There is definitely a little more room and I have a 'stiff' area where I had a skid mark, plus a few stiff sections inside. They do not hurt though.

Does this sound normal to everyone - having stiff areas? I am curious how long they take to relax.

I know it will take more time to go back to normal.
#102 of 105 Old 06-01-2011, 08:46 PM

What is that "golf ball" looking bulge right at the opening of the vagina? Is it a prolapsed vaginal wall (i.e., the bladder pushing the wall out, aka cystocele)? I'm 8 wks pp but I first noticed it after my dc2's birth. It doesn't bother me, just wondering what those ridges sitting right under the urethra are! Like everyone else, I've no idea what my pre birth vagina looked like, and Im too scared of freaky pics to do any image googling.

joy.gif
"Paradise lies at the feet of mothers"
#103 of 105 Old 06-01-2011, 09:06 PM

When I tore with DD, everything went back to normal quickly other than some scar tissue. I'm almost 5 weeks pp with DS and my tear was never sutured, I stayed in bed with my legs together for 3 days and the two side of the tear never came together. I looked down there with a mirror and I feel like my vagina has been turned inside out. I've never been able to see my urethra before but now can and my vaginal walls look like they're coming out of the opening. Not good. Not. Good.

I'm not sure what I can do about it, if anything but it makes me feel so disgusting.

#104 of 105 Old 06-02-2011, 09:28 PM

I had extensive tearing with my VBAC baby.  Bilateral sulcus tearing.  It means that you basically tear from your cervix clear down both sides of the vagina all the way out.  I also had a few minor labial abrasions.  It took nearly 2.5 hours of stitching to put me back together.  Not pretty.  It can still be painful 9 months Postpartum for me.....  I have some extensive scarring and several areas that just aren't normal - probably never will be.

hippie.gif Hi, I'm Amber

Ava {12.20.08}  Levi {8.19.10}  Aspen  {EDD 7.21.13}

#105 of 105 Old 06-03-2011, 07:32 PM

So, I pushed for like 30 minutes and everything was going fine and slow until my MW said that his heart rate dropped and didnt come back up and they wanted me to "get him out now"  so i pushed with all my might, might i didnt even know I had and out came the head, grabbed a breath and out came the body.  And there went my vagina... bye bye vagina.  I had a 2nd degree tear, aka, to the anus, awesome.  30 minutes of stitching.  I was sooo not prepared for the pain that I would experience for the next 3-4 months.  My baby is now 5 months and there is a ton of scar tissue down there.  It just sucks.  We have DTD about 3x , starting at maybe 8 weeks pp.  But I hate my vagina.  Its stiff and everything hurts.  I feel sooo unsexy now.  its really crappy.  plus im about 30 lbs overweight, which I really really hate.... even though DH is still way bigger, I use to be the tiny one!  

Anywho, yeah, Im not sure if things will ever be "normal" again.  But probably everyone says that afterward.  I have hears of women going to physical therapy for this "issue."  I thought about it.  But Im just too shy to go to a dr to "work" on my vagina...

on the plus side, breastfeeding is going awesome and my older daughter isnt jealous at all of her new brother!  Plus I sleep the whole night with my little guy-- and he just started napping during the day too!!  so life isnt horrible... just my vagina is.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page