Breech twins at 32 weeks? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 12-09-2008, 12:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
No, not mine--asking for a friend. Both are breech and her OB wants to schedule a c/s...any hope? What should she try? Is www.spinningbabies.com relevant here? Version is out, right? I don't know much about twins. Uh, help?

Mama to two girls 12/05 and 8/09

#2 of 6 Old 12-09-2008, 03:48 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Post this in the "parenting multiples" forum for more answers. Spinning babies is worth a try, as might be some chiropractic visits. There's certainly a good chance one or both babies will move before delivery. But, if the twins chose to stay breech, your friend will be hard pressed to find a provider that will deliver her vaginally. That said, she can always insist on going into labor naturally before a c/s to give those babies all the cooking time they can get!

Mom to : Belle and Izzy
#3 of 6 Old 12-09-2008, 12:51 PM

Eh, one of mine turned at 36 weeks. Baby A turned breech at 35 weeks and then back to vertex at 36 weeks. I wouldn't schedule anything earlier than 38 weeks, and even then be really flexible about it. I had lots of fluid, but the boys were 6 lb 11 oz and 6 lb 6 oz, so not tiny babies either. There is still hope!

Joanna - wife to Mike, mamachicken to Cub(8/98), Kitten (4/07), Dew-man, and Woe-boy(twins, 10/08)
#4 of 6 Old 12-09-2008, 05:24 PM

At 32 weeks they have lots of time to turn all on their own. I don't know much about twins either, but I bet the gentlest methods of turning would still work, if they don't turn in a few weeks. Moxibustion, acupuncture, playing music down low on the belly, visualization, all those should be fine. Maybe chiropractic adjustments?

If they don't turn and she doesn't want a c/s, she will almost certainly have to stay out of the hospital, I'd think. Midwives will be hard to find, but it's not impossible. She could try the Farm! If I had breech twins, that's where I'd go, I think. (I had just one breech, and it was a great birthplace.)
#5 of 6 Old 12-09-2008, 07:35 PM
wbg

Have not had twins or breech ones, but I still feel 32 weeks is WAY too early to start talking c-secs. I would ask at multiples forums and google to find other success stories and/or proven strategies. In the worst case event, if she does have a c, I agree with the pp about allowing the body to go into labour naturally first. The babies can tell the Mom that they are cooked and ready! Also have heard homeopathics can also be helpful, but she would need to research further. And I think I did see a breech twin homebirth on you tube a while ago.

wbg...constantly amazed by Z , cherishing I , inspired by P , adoring K and still getting butterflies when I wake up with B !
#6 of 6 Old 12-09-2008, 10:00 PM

My son moved at 37 weeks. He was Twin B, which means he had more room, and he moved to a LESS optimal positioning (from frank breech to transverse ). But it means that they CAN and DO move later, even when they're twins. I'd advise her to advise her doc that she wants to wait and see. I agree that you'd be hard-pressed to find someone to attend a twin birth where Twin A is breech. But at the very least, she can delay the section as long as she can.

me knit.gif, he bikenew.gif, my three reading.gif, sleepytime.gif, and fairy.gif-- and the one we lost angel2.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page