polenta placenta mmmm - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 04-18-2009, 02:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
so I was just cleaning out my freezer and found my placenta. what have other people done with theres? I cant bring myself to toss it.:::
#2 of 17 Old 04-18-2009, 11:19 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
We dried it in the oven and put it in capsules. I took some pills every day for a few weeks. I have taken a couple of pills here and there since then when I feel like my anxiety is getting out of control. It could be placebo (ha! placenta!) but it seems to help a lot.

My advice may not be appropriate for you. That's ok. You are just fine how you are and I am the right kind of me.

#3 of 17 Old 04-18-2009, 07:39 PM

I planted mine under a tree

Had a hard time getting it from the hospital and my DH thinks I'm crazy.
#4 of 17 Old 04-19-2009, 02:11 AM

I think everyone I know who got theirs...planted a tree on top of it. :

I couldn't get my first (argh hospital from hell). My second went to pathology to check for blood clots, and may have ended up as part of stats in a study re: blood clotting disorders.
#5 of 17 Old 04-19-2009, 03:28 AM

Our midwives rescued ours from the hospital and made it in to capsules and tincture. That stuff really works. I took some for a couple of days to help my energy level and I was crazy PMSing. I think I took way too much. My midwives said that you should make capsules and stuff only with a fresh placenta.

They also made us an umbilical cord medalion. What is that you might ask yourself. Well it is the umbilical cord wrapped in circle and dried. It looks like fancy beef jerky. It really grosses me out and the dog really wants to eat it. We are planing to plant it under and orange tree since I craved oranges when I was pregnant and my DS LOVES them.

Mamabelly.gif to DS (3 years)biggrinbounce.gifjumpers.gifflowersforyou.gifchicken3.gifbroc1.gif
#6 of 17 Old 04-19-2009, 03:29 AM

Oh also I have heard if you are going to plant it, plant it deep depending on where you live animals might dig it up.

Mamabelly.gif to DS (3 years)biggrinbounce.gifjumpers.gifflowersforyou.gifchicken3.gifbroc1.gif
#7 of 17 Old 04-19-2009, 08:46 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
They also made us an umbilical cord medalion. What is that you might ask yourself. Well it is the umbilical cord wrapped in circle and dried. It looks like fancy beef jerky. It really grosses me out and the dog really wants to eat it.
Yes, yes, that is pretty gross. What exactly is one supposed to do with it..?

I capsulised my placenta. I didn't get PPD and I expected to (family and personal history of depression), so I can't really say if it "worked" or not, but I'll do it again.

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

#8 of 17 Old 04-20-2009, 03:07 AM - Thread Starter

dring is what I really want to do. do you think you could still benifit if it wasnt fresh? how long would you dry it and at what temp?
#9 of 17 Old 04-20-2009, 09:25 PM

wow that is disgusting IMO
#10 of 17 Old 04-21-2009, 09:20 PM

"They also made us an umbilical cord medalion. What is that you might ask yourself. Well it is the umbilical cord wrapped in circle and dried. It looks like fancy beef jerky. It really grosses me out and the dog really wants to eat it."
This is hilarious- especially the part about the dog. I had my placenta encapsulated and I ate them. But it was fresh when this was done. How old is your placenta?
#11 of 17 Old 04-24-2009, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbold View Post
It looks like fancy beef jerky. It really grosses me out and the dog really wants to eat it.
Oh no!
#12 of 17 Old 04-24-2009, 10:35 AM

Moving to Birth and Beyond.

Have you seen the updated user agreement yet?
#13 of 17 Old 04-25-2009, 02:37 PM

I had mine encapsulated and I'm on day 4 of taking of taking them. There's a company in town that does this and they have a huge following among non mainstream moms. We had to leave my placenta at the hospital for 7 days (their policy) so they kept it in the freezer for us. I've read that the quality isn't as good as fresh but it's still effective. I think it's working especially since I had to go without for a little more than a week.
#14 of 17 Old 04-25-2009, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbold View Post

They also made us an umbilical cord medalion. What is that you might ask yourself. Well it is the umbilical cord wrapped in circle and dried. It looks like fancy beef jerky. It really grosses me out and the dog really wants to eat it.
I keep giggling every time I read this. I read it to my husband and he was totally grossed out.

My placenta is waiting to be planted under a tree... next week!
#15 of 17 Old 04-25-2009, 05:44 PM

I would think it would lose goodness if you cooked it. I am not there ...yet!...but I plan to make smoothies out of mine so at least its raw in there but still tastes 'nice' hehe

Mummy me : > Thats Ann! and my beautiful SONS Duncanand Hamish 19/09/05 & 22/04/10!
#16 of 17 Old 04-26-2009, 01:55 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
: Mine is frozen in the freezer too. The first placenta we planted deep under a tree. This one... dunno...

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#17 of 17 Old 04-26-2009, 05:43 AM

C'mon...keep those minds open just a little. There is an incredible world out there if you are open to it. Yes, this involves placentas and cords and lions and tigers and bears oh my! "Grossed out"? By what, exactly?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page