Mothering Forum banner

polenta placenta mmmm

1K views 16 replies 15 participants last post by  AzariaJordan 
#1 ·
so I was just cleaning out my freezer and found my placenta. what have other people done with theres? I cant bring myself to toss it.
:
:
:

See less See more
#2 ·
We dried it in the oven and put it in capsules. I took some pills every day for a few weeks. I have taken a couple of pills here and there since then when I feel like my anxiety is getting out of control. It could be placebo (ha! placenta!) but it seems to help a lot.

#5 ·
Our midwives rescued ours from the hospital and made it in to capsules and tincture. That stuff really works. I took some for a couple of days to help my energy level and I was crazy PMSing. I think I took way too much. My midwives said that you should make capsules and stuff only with a fresh placenta.

They also made us an umbilical cord medalion. What is that you might ask yourself. Well it is the umbilical cord wrapped in circle and dried. It looks like fancy beef jerky. It really grosses me out and the dog really wants to eat it. We are planing to plant it under and orange tree since I craved oranges when I was pregnant and my DS LOVES them.

#7 ·
Quote:
They also made us an umbilical cord medalion. What is that you might ask yourself. Well it is the umbilical cord wrapped in circle and dried. It looks like fancy beef jerky. It really grosses me out and the dog really wants to eat it.
Yes, yes, that is pretty gross. What exactly is one supposed to do with it..?

I capsulised my placenta. I didn't get PPD and I expected to (family and personal history of depression), so I can't really say if it "worked" or not, but I'll do it again.

#10 ·
"They also made us an umbilical cord medalion. What is that you might ask yourself. Well it is the umbilical cord wrapped in circle and dried. It looks like fancy beef jerky. It really grosses me out and the dog really wants to eat it."
This is hilarious- especially the part about the dog. I had my placenta encapsulated and I ate them. But it was fresh when this was done. How old is your placenta?

#13 ·
I had mine encapsulated and I'm on day 4 of taking of taking them. There's a company in town that does this and they have a huge following among non mainstream moms. We had to leave my placenta at the hospital for 7 days (their policy) so they kept it in the freezer for us. I've read that the quality isn't as good as fresh but it's still effective. I think it's working especially since I had to go without for a little more than a week.

#14 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by bumbold View Post

They also made us an umbilical cord medalion. What is that you might ask yourself. Well it is the umbilical cord wrapped in circle and dried. It looks like fancy beef jerky. It really grosses me out and the dog really wants to eat it.
I keep giggling every time I read this. I read it to my husband and he was totally grossed out.

My placenta is waiting to be planted under a tree... next week!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.