I had my ultrasound this afternoon, and I wouldn't say that the results are surprising, but not really encouraging either. My placenta was at a grade 3, which from what I understand, is common at 43 weeks. I do have low levels of amniotic fluid (3.1), and the estimated fetal weight was 10 #, 6 oz. I know that this late, fetal weight can definitely be off. But, in sum, this is really making my midwife nervous because of the possible risks and the fact that I am still not in labor. I am going to see her tomorrow, but I have to decide if, and at what point, do I want to take castor oil, and if that doesn't work, should I allow myself to be induced? The main concerns are fetal distress during delivery, meconium aspiration, and/or trouble in labor, shoulder dystocia, because of one of more of these findings. Incidentally, it was the abdomen and femur readings that accounted for the large weight reading, as the head circumference was associated with 40w, 2d. Any advice? I don't want to start having this fear, but I acknowledge that the risks do go up. Our plan was for a waterbirth at home, and I would feel devastated to have to give this up, but the baby's safety is most important to me.