A Baby Story today - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-22-2004, 09:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
usually i dont watch the show, #1 because they are usually depressing and full of unnessasary interventions, and #2 because i dont have cable :LOL .... BUT today i watched and the second one was GREAT!. the lady worked as a secratary in a birthing center, so she was friends with all three of her midwives, and they all showed up for the birth! it was a beautiful water birth and i bawled! i am usually so frustrated by this show i am not that touched by the birth , but this one was AWESOME.
just thought i would share.

mdcblog5.gif   Liz mama to DS 10, DSS 9, DD 6, DS 3, DD 2 , Aquila- dec 19th 2009 died at my homebirth, and....welcome Willow born 9-16-10 (9 weeks early)  nut.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 01-23-2004, 01:00 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I usually don't watch either for the exact same reasons!

Saw it today, I cried when I saw the waterbirth as well. It reminded me of mine...
#3 of 5 Old 01-23-2004, 02:06 AM

I know I know!!!

We were so excited because thats what we're planning with the next one (but it will be a homebirth) and I really had wanted my dd to start seeing some stuff. I was so happy that it was so chill...I mean, it was AWSOME to see the midwives and their attitude of "we're just waiting for mom and baby to be ready".

Did you see the one BEFORE it? We almost watched it because it said something about being a normal, textbook delivery....except the woman went into the hospital and they gave her cytotec as soon as she got in!!!!!!! I DO NOT want my dd thinking that is how women have babies!!!!!!! We caught a bit of it in the middle of it and there was a doctor telling the woman about how she could eat or drink anything but water....ergh.
#4 of 5 Old 01-23-2004, 02:49 AM

Yep, I saw it. I get soooo excited when I see a homebirth/waterbirth/natural birth on there.

And on the one before, did anyone catch when the doctor said "she's not progressing as quickly as I'd like, we like to keep things rolling at a steady pace around here." I get so flippin' made when I hear the doctors say this. Who's labor is this anyway? Who the hell asked what your feelings were on how quickly she should be progressing? No one's in distress, right? Then leave her alone!
#5 of 5 Old 01-23-2004, 11:47 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
i watched both of them, and then later i watched both BIRTH DAYS. (i was at a friends house who has cable!) on birth days one of the births was horrible- first they said she had a natural delivery, except she had STADOL! and the woman was laying down the whole time!! and they kept giving here pictocin because she wasnt feeling her contractions enough (she was already 3-4 cm though ) i mean WHY couldnt they leave her alone. like pictocin is going to make it better for the baby!
oh- and on the first a baby story the lady was so cool-but- this was her third birth and the first two were Csecs and she totally siked herself into that third one. you could see she had been scared previously by her Csec(falior to progress) so she was all obsessing over the fetal monitor printout.... she seemed like such a down to earth chick, but she had 0 faith in her body.

mdcblog5.gif   Liz mama to DS 10, DSS 9, DD 6, DS 3, DD 2 , Aquila- dec 19th 2009 died at my homebirth, and....welcome Willow born 9-16-10 (9 weeks early)  nut.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page