What causes endomitritis? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 06-24-2009, 02:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all, My Ds arrived fast and furious on June 13 : but several days later I got very sick with 104.6 fever, chills and very unusual discharge. I went to the doc who said I had some endometriosis in my uterus that somehow got infected and developed endomitritis. Thankfully a 2 day hospital stay with some hefty IV abx got me well. I had a very healthy pregnancy and this really took me by surprise.

Does anyone know what causes endomitritis? There don't seem to be many threads about this. I have read that C/S or long-standing ruptured membranes can cause this, but neither of these were my case. I had rapid 70 minute labor. They barely had time to remove the bottom of the bed for delivery, so I am not sure how 'sterile" my birth was. I was only checked twice during delivery and my waters broke while pushing. Baby did have merconium, but he was fine. I'm just puzzled by this as it hit me out of the blue and I was so ill. Is endomitritis common after birth? Anything to do with merconium? Is there anything I should be watching for in my baby, or would he have been safe in the amniotic fluid?

Thanks for sharing.

grouphug.gifPenny4them  
Blessed WAH wife and mama to my happy brood jumpers.gif Dd1(7/01) Dd2(10/02) Ds (6/09) CDing & ECing works! No Circ, Make it yourself or buy something Handmade! mdcblog5.gif 

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page