#1 of 1
07-28-2009, 11:55 PM
- Thread Starter
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Texas Coast
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I developed my first and very painful hemorrhoid last Thursday. It has gotten larger and larger and more painful ever since I noticed it. I went for my almost 37 week ob apointment today and told her about it and how it has horrid. She took a look and told me that it was thrombosed (filled with blood clots) and that I needed to get it taken care of right away because of the size it was and the pain. She made an appointment for me to see the local out of hospital surgical doctors that she works closely with. She faxed over all my records and will be working closly with them because of how far along I am.
I have an appointment tomorrow. I have researched the procedures that they do for thrombosed hemorrhoids. I am comftorable with getting the procedure done- as I am in so much pain- I need this to be fixed. What scares me about all of this is what I have been reading about how this effects my birth experience (I am almost 37 weeks and know that birth is just around the corner). All of the information I have read states that c-section may be required because of the complications that can arise from the hemorrhoid surgery site, or even problems with waiting to treat until after delivery (not sure if I could wait- it hurts so very badly). I am scared of a c-section, but will come to terms with it if need be.
Has anyone else dealt with this problem? Is the c-section recommendation being overly cautious, or is the risk of complications actually that serious.
I will be asking the doctor tomorrow and my ob these questions as well, but wanted to see if anyone had been through this....
Unschooling Mommy of 3: Lilith (14), Panda (6), and Fox (4)