Any VBAC2C???? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-30-2004, 10:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Any body here VBAC2C? I an not preg with my third, but have really been thinking about this.

My first c-sec was from way to much intervention with a young mom who thought the doctors knew what they were doing:

My second was becuase of preclamsia.

I really like my OB and our hospital "will not allow" VBAC. Is there someway around this? I don't know if I could handle a homebirth. I live 2 hours from a hospital and that is a small one, so I don't think I could do it at home. My dh is not very supportive of a VBAC (the ob scared him when I was pushing for it with #2 )

This a a couple of years away, but I want to be prepared when the time comes.

Any help?

belly.gifSAHM, carseat geek, cattle raising woman to 5 girls (15, 10, 8, 6, 2) wild.gifand a stork-suprise.gif due in July!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2004, 12:25 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have only had 1 cesarean and 1 VBAC, but wanted to tell you about ICANs email support group. You can find it by going to Yahoo groups and typing ICAN Online. There are quite a few women who have had VBA2 and even 3Cs. Im sure you would find lots of support and encouragement there!

Hope that helps some!
Old 01-31-2004, 12:10 PM

Hi Jess,

I've had 3 vbacs following two cesareans. I had to seek a midwife out of state to have my first vbac, at that time there were no cnms in my area, and no hospitals here had yet even entertained the idea of vbac.

Yes, we exist!

ICAN is a really valuable resource.

Are you seeing the same ob that performed your sections?
Old 01-31-2004, 01:44 PM

just had my first hba2c in december

I third the ICAN suggestion, www.ican-online.org
Old 01-31-2004, 02:06 PM

I had a vba2c's this past summer. July 24th I gave birth naturally to my son.

I did have a hospital birth ... my dh was too afraid of homebirth after the surgical birth three years prior and the birthing center considered me too high risk to birth there.

My first c was in 1989 when my water broke but i had no contrax. I was induced with pitocin, labored, dialated to ten but the cord was wrapped around the baby in several places (most likely from the pitocin contractions) and we had an emergency cesarean delivery.
My daughter was born by c in 2000 when once again pitocin was used in my labor and my vbac failed. I grieved that birth experience even tho I was blessed with my beautiful baby girl.

With my son I changed everything I did. read
everything i could get my hands on re: cesareans, vbac, and natural birthing and labor. Got a good midwife who supported my choices and tho we coudl'nt afford a doula, I found a friend who was willing to act as a labor support coach (actually usamma on here). I didn't leave for the hospital till I was in active labor and my water had broken, and tho I did scream for an epidural, my labor moved way too quickly and I gave birth to my son vaginally within 4 hours of arriving at the hospital.

it was an amazing, empowering, beautiful experience and I was home from the hospital enjoying my babymoon within 12 hours of the birth . (he was born at 1am and i was home at 1pm the next day eating a sandwhich and nursing in my recliner. lol).

you CAN do it ... if you ever want to talk about great books, online resources etc...feel free to pm me

User Tag List