Orgasm and the recovering C-section... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 08-10-2009, 12:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am 11 days PP, and even though I am willing to wait as long as I need... I am absolutely DYING to DTD with my DH. GOD. It is UNBEARABLE.. It feels like I turned into a hormonal teenage boy, or a perverted creepy old man...
I cannot even look at him without drifting into some fantasy.
I know some say the contractions caused by orgasm can cause rupture.. but I am breastfeeding and have been having contractions since having litte man... Am I allowed to orgasm before I am allowed to DTD? I am also a long running "haver" of wet dreams, and I am pretty sure that going this long without one its going to happen eventually anyhow...
Also, I was dilated. to 5-6 centimeters, So I know that puts me at risk for infection?
please help me with your experiences... I am at my wits end!!!! My DH has never been sexier to me.

Married to my best friend, and favorite person in the world... Proud 1st time mama to our son, Conway James. Born July 29th!::::
#2 of 9 Old 08-10-2009, 12:18 AM

I dont have any experiance with c section but for me I always went with my body on when to resume sex.

Honestly if an orgasim is enough to cause rupture then the ctx with nursing would have by now. IMHO

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#3 of 9 Old 08-10-2009, 12:21 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Can I just say that you are the luckiest woman ever? I have stupid boring meaningless dreams about nothing lol! Sorry I can't help you with your question though, but I just had to tell you how lucky you must be! I hope somebody can give you a good answer, and that things will get back to normal soon.

"Medical propaganda ops are, in the long run, the most dangerous. They appear to be neutral. They wave no political banners. They claim to be science. For these reasons, they can accomplish the goals of overt fascism without arousing suspicion.” — Jon Rappoport

#4 of 9 Old 08-10-2009, 10:06 AM

I waited 3 weeks because I was too chicken to try sooner, but I'm with you on the hormones -- the day after birth, I was ready to jump my husband in the hospital! And activity is what had gotten labor started, so it had only been two days, LOL! The bad surprise for me is that sex hurt even after a c-section. It killed. All those hormones, gone to waste. One of the secrets they never tell you.

(This pregnancy is the total opposite in terms of hormones. It stinks.)

Cristina
CPST and mom to Toby 6/06 and Caleb 8/09
#5 of 9 Old 08-10-2009, 10:11 AM

We waited about 2 weeks I think. Before that I was just too tired and sore. But you should be fine as long as you take it easy a bit - no gymnastics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastrygirl View Post
The bad surprise for me is that sex hurt even after a c-section. It killed. All those hormones, gone to waste. One of the secrets they never tell you.
Yeah - that! Stock up on KY!

*Meghan* - Mom to Sam (5/14/08) and Joseph Scott born 9/10/09! and wife to amazing hubby Mike : ! WE LOVE OUR : FAMILY!
#6 of 9 Old 08-10-2009, 10:15 AM

I'm crazy horny after birth too...! So, I get what you're saying completely. It's hormones.

I do think though that it's likely too soon to DTD actually, though self pleasuring might be OK. I'd ask your midwife/OB to be sure!

Perpetually breastfeeding or pregnant ENFP mom to a lot of kids...wife to a midwestern nice guy...living in tropical paradise...pink cats and homebirths rock!

#7 of 9 Old 08-10-2009, 12:54 PM

3 weeks was what we waited, and trust me we were both super into it. My Dr said as long as the bleeding was over and it felt alright that it was fine. I also have to say I was fully dilated, and pushed for 3 hours and things felt different inside. It didn't really hurt per se, it just felt kinda weird.

Me Wife to T (14 years)Mama to Princess(4) and Monster Boy(my 1 year old ):
#8 of 9 Old 08-10-2009, 02:55 PM

About a week and a half after my c/s we started being intimate without penetration, orgasms for both of us (we used a vibrator for me). Then at 4wks pp we actually DTD, it was fine a little painful inside, but no issues with the scar. I was still bleeding a bit, but he never cares, I think that as long as its not bright red blood its ok. I dialated to a 4 BTW.

Married the love of my life : on 3/18/06, SAHM to Livi 3/11/07 : and Eva 10/10/09 :
#9 of 9 Old 08-10-2009, 03:24 PM

We have never waited the 6 weeks. 2 weeks to 4 weeks, w/ a c/s and VBACs. I listen to my body and how I feel.

Annabelle Catholic wife to Jeff '92 and mom to Makaley 19 Arden 19 Anniston 17 Taegan 14 Balen 12 Kellen 10 Ellery 8 Innish 6 Eiley 4 Finnian 3 Esca 2 our 8th uc.jpghomeschool.gifwaterbirth.jpgIHhbac.gifbftoddler.gifvbac.gifand expecting sweet pea January 2014.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page