postpartum phantom baby kicks - normal or another pg? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 08-30-2009, 10:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
My dd is 9 months old - for the past two weeks I've been feeling phantom "baby kicks" every day - it really feels like there's a baby kicking in there!

I'm almost positive i'm not pg - i'm still nursing several times a day and throughout the night and havent gotten my cycles back.

i took a pg test about 4 months ago because my nipples were sore while nursing but it was negative.

i've lost weight since then and my stomach is too flat to be at the point in pg where i would feel the baby anyway....i've had no signs at all of pregnancy.

is this normal??? should i take another pg test?

Thanks!

Loving wife to DH and buddamomimg1.pngmama to DD (11/08) and DS (2/12)

#2 of 6 Old 08-30-2009, 11:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I still get phantom kicks and my youngest is nearly 5yo. I love feeling them and it always puts a smile on my face

If I where you I would take another test and if it is neg I might consider having blood work.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#3 of 6 Old 08-30-2009, 11:17 PM

My baby is 10 months old, and I KNOW I am not pregnant - I still get them. I love them!! But I do wonder what causes such a thing...
#4 of 6 Old 08-30-2009, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessie123 View Post
My baby is 10 months old, and I KNOW I am not pregnant - I still get them. I love them!! But I do wonder what causes such a thing...

I used to get those before I got pregnant again and Ds is 5! I also loved them they brought me back to the days he was held under my heart!

Glenn bouncy.gif 11*09 Joe 4*04 peace.gif Me praying.gif & Hubby geek.gif

Quote:

#5 of 6 Old 08-31-2009, 10:45 AM

Completely normal. My son is 2 years old and I still get them, although I am pregnant now, but way too early to feel the baby kick.
#6 of 6 Old 08-31-2009, 12:52 PM

Normal... you know how books and things try to describe baby kicks as being similar to gas or hiccups or whatever? Well, after months of real baby kicks the reverse hold true... little gas bubbles, or muscle twitches, or random twinges can be interpreted as kicks!

I do know several mamas who became pregnant while nursing/before their cycles returned so you may want to try another test just for peace of mind. But it's probably not a new babe...

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page